Official Incredible Hulk comic thread.

Originally posted by captain cocanut
hu3.jpg

That's a pretty badass comic page IMO

Definitely!!:cool:

At 1st I didn't really like Deodato's version of the Hulk, but the more I see it the more I like it.

I notice the Hulk now bears quite a resemblance to Banner, could this be in tune with the Movie Hulk and therefore deliberate?

At any rate the head is really disproportionate to the body, thats the only fault I can find. Hulk looks intense he looks like hes there and ready to get it on with Abomination. Thats gonna be some fight, be interesting to see who Nadia takes sides with. Will she really want to be re-united with Emil when she sees him? Im not really sure, can Abomination be returned to normal?

At any rate, the fight is gonna be worth the wait.

hu3.jpg

That's a pretty badass comic page IMO

WOW!!!
That looks really great
Wednesday cannot come soon enough....

Originally posted by STINK-E
Definitely!!:cool:

At 1st I didn't really like Deodato's version of the Hulk, but the more I see it the more I like it.

I liked his version of Hulk since his first run on the book from the 90's

I liked his version of Hulk since his first run on the book from the 90's

OMG, I completely forgot about that!

jackcool is right about wednesday not coming soon enough. I would like to see Hulk and the Abomination have a small battle before the conclusion in the 5th issue in the arc(like in this next issue), but Jones probably won't do that.

I've liked the vast majority of Deodato's work ever since I first saw it. His previous Hulk work rocked, his Thor looked great (even though the stories were far from memorable), and everything else I've seen him do has been good, too. He had some anatomical proportion problems a while back (his women were way, waaaay too leggy), but he seems to have cleared those up now.

As for this comic, I'll be waiting in line with everyone else come Wednesday. Actually, I'll be going on Thursday so I won't have to wait in line, but you get the idea.

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
He had some anatomical proportion problems a while back (his women were way, waaaay too leggy), but he seems to have cleared those up now.

Yup, Nadia looks extremely Sexy!!

All right, WTF just happened at the end of Issue #52? Is Mr Blue a woman? He looked like one. What the hell does he even have to do with the story anymore? I had almost completely forgotten about him.

Somebody PLEASE explain what happened in this issue and WTF is going on(especially with Mr Blue)!

Originally posted by STINK-E
All right, WTF just happened at the end of Issue #52? Is Mr Blue a woman? He looked like one. What the hell does he even have to do with the story anymore? I had almost completely forgotten about him.

Whatever is on that disk, it's fairly important to Banner/Hulk. Plus, it "reveals" the identity of Mr. Blue. POSSIBLE SPOILERS There's speculation that the organization may bring back Betty. They can, apparently, bring people back to life or make them hard to kill. END SPOILER

Somebody PLEASE explain what happened in this issue and WTF is going on(especially with Mr Blue)!

The story begins with a guy we have no idea about. He's just killed a woman working for the secret organization (though it's strange she hasn't come back to life). We have no idea who he works for and why he and his organization are after the disc.

In the meantime, the Hulk and Nadia have a brief moment, where his sniffing and snorting gets on her nerves. She slaps him and he utters her name. He then reverts back to Banner. Banner reveals that he's the Hulk and has been framed. Nadia drugs Banner again and talks to the organization's leader, and is rethinking her aiding the organization.

Elsewhere, the two agents sent to recruit the Abomination, head back to "base". The woman (S-3) is paranoid by S-2's constant whinning, and bringing up what happened to S-1 when he failed (he was fried like a murder on death row).

By the time the issue ends, the woman on the disc is shown fully recovered from surgery over a period of months. The man was suprised by the face and has a feeling that the woman and her alias (Mr. Blue) is something to be excited about.

I thought this was a fairly good issue. I think I'm starting to get a tad bit annoyed at the Hulk's lack of prescence in the book. And when he does appear, it's only for a few pages. Though the stories IMO are good either way, I think the Hulk could still be utilized more and in a better way than he has been.

Originally posted by Hulkophile

I thought this was a fairly good issue. I think I'm starting to get a tad bit annoyed at the Hulk's lack of prescence in the book. And when he does appear, it's only for a few pages. Though the stories IMO are good either way, I think the Hulk could still be utilized more and in a better way than he has been.

Thanks for the summary, I needed somebody to just lay everything out for me and jog my memory.

You're not the only one getting a little annoyed at Hulk's lack of presence in the comic. I have been a staunch defender of Bruce Jones, but I'm ready to see the Hulk more than just in the conclusion to each arc.

I was little let down the way 52 picked back up...when i finished 51, I was excited to see what would happen next...i know it's a lesser point that may be touched on or implied later in the run, but the Hulk seemed to be shown just for the heck of showing him...lack of explanation why he was there in the first place (we've all speculated) and then having him back to normal just as quickly...left me asking why even waste the green ink...I am looking forward to seeing how the Abomination storyline pans out, but in general, I feel like they're stretching the story too far over the books..just my $0.02

I think so, they shouldnt have shown the Hulk for so short a time and no reason as to why, u r right it was a bit pointless

Originally posted by hulkwillsmash
I was little let down the way 52 picked back up...when i finished 51, I was excited to see what would happen next...i know it's a lesser point that may be touched on or implied later in the run, but the Hulk seemed to be shown just for the heck of showing him...lack of explanation why he was there in the first place (we've all speculated) and then having him back to normal just as quickly...left me asking why even waste the green ink...I am looking forward to seeing how the Abomination storyline pans out, but in general, I feel like they're stretching the story too far over the books..just my $0.02

I was a little let down myself. Still, not a bad issue and it certainly peaked my interest at the end with the whole "secret conspiracy" thing finally getting somewhere.
I agree the showing of Hulk in this book seemed a little forced, but I'll take it any way I can get it.

I agree...not a bad issue...at least not in the sense of the recent handful that I've argued so much over...I feel that at least now I'm somewhat drawn in, and will pick up the issue for reasons other than just faith...I think the secret conspriracy needs to finish it's course soon, or at least stop being the dominant plot device...I'm aware the Absorbing Man will be in the next storyline, so I'm hoping for somewhat of a "clean slate" effect that gets the book feeling motivated again...

I am wondering if Betty will return.

I hope she does, I'd like to see more of a permanent type supporting character in this book.
Do you guys think we will find out for sure who Mr Blue is in this arc? I f***ing hope so.

I think there's a possibility we'll find out who Mr. Blue is, but I doubt it'll be touched on when "Hide in Plain Sight" starts. I wouldn't see why not, since the next arc will be another five parter.

I think they need to cut the long storyarcs.... How about a solo issue or a two parter for a change.

I think they need to cut the long storyarcs.... How about a solo issue or a two parter for a change.

I totally agree. I love a good stand alone issue. It would be nice to see a stand alone with the Hulk on nearly every page! Maybe even a good brawl with Wolverine or Thing.:o

I don't think Bruce Jones knows how to write a good brawl

I'm not sure he does either. I guess we will find out in a couple of issues. The only thing close to a brawl he's done was the Hulk Vs a Hulked out Special Agent Pratt, and that was pretty short.

Even that Wolverine mini-series he did was kinda VERY low on Action......

Did he do the new Wolverine, Hulk mini-series?????

Yeah he did the Hulk/Wolverine 6 Hours Mini-Series. It wasn't very good. The story was outrageous, Scott Kollins' pencils were bad for some reason, and there wasn't any action til the last issue.

"What Price Glory" sucked too. I was surprised at how bad both of these Mini-Series were, considering how clever he's been on Incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"