Iron Man 3 Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a joke. :dry:

That's what I thought,I didn't a smile though!!

But anyway..

Is it true that..
Tony gets surgery to remove all remaining shrapnel from his heart/tosses his arc reactor into the sea/blows up all IM suits and basically retires to live a happy life with Pepper?

A (spoiler-free) tumblr review I quite liked.

Things I'm allowed to say about Iron Man 3
Yesterday I was in Paris. It’s a long way from where I live so it was quite an adventure. 13:00 to 00:00 we had a marathon with Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Avengers and Iron Man 3. Yes, april 20th, world’s first public premiere in Paris. Awesome.
So here’s what I’m allowed to say about Iron Man 3.

I’ve been a huge fan of Shane Black’s way of putting his characters in desperate situations since I first watched Lethal Weapon about 5 years ago. I loved the dialogs between the characters and the issues Black isn’t afraid to raise in his scripts. Being old, being weak, being scarred by whatever you had to live through, being afraid of what you’ve become, all those characters he plays with are damaged goods.
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang has to be one of my three favorite movies of all time.
So when I heard he was in charge of Iron Man 3, I was very surprised. Super-hero stories are not exactly Black’s style, but then again Tony Stark has flaws of his own. Black’s more into buddy-movies than comic books adaptations, but Stark and Rhodey have an interesting relationship that has not been developped yet. Black’s more of a thriller writer than an adventure one, but there are ways to make a super hero movie feel like a thriller. So I thought, we should trust him. He might surprise us.
The movie surprised me alright. Shane Black didn’t.
Don’t get me wrong, I loved every single bit of it and would watch it again a thousand times without hesitation. What I’m saying is, that movie is Shane Black’s take on a pop culture icon. It shouldn’t be regarded as a sequel to Iron Man or Avengers. It’s an alien to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. An outsider. And a fantastic movie.
If you’re still reading, it means I don’t have to tell you to go and see it because you already want to.
Don’t expect a Marvel movie, you won’t get one. What you’ll get though, are great and very human characters, great CGI, great actors, a great soundtrack, great relationships between characters, all in all it’s got a small budget movie’s soul with a blockbuster’s budget. There are a thousand memorable lines in that movie, and even if you’re not really into Shane Black’s style, you’ll still laugh. Because he is genuinely funny.
I loved it.
I can’t wait til wednesday to see it again.
I would love to discuss it further but I’m not allowed to until tuesday night. And I promised I’d keep my tumblr spoiler-free. So anyway, it’s become my favorite MCU movie. Yes, better than Avengers. It’s just that good.

source

As a Shane Black fan that review excites me. Black deserves some box office success. The Last Boy Scout and The Long Kiss Goodnite are very underrated.

I think the reviews embargo just lifted in France (since it's now April 22 there).

Here's a review from popmovies.fr (a 4/5 review)
Iron Man 3 est donc un excellent film d’action qui présage du bon pour le futur de la Phase 2 de Marvel. Le studio voulait prouver qu’il avait encore des choses intéressantes à proposer avec ses personnages en solo, en dehors des réunions Avengers, et c’est chose faite. Un cocktail détonnant d’humour et d’action, porté par un Robert Downey Jr au top de sa forme, épaulé et dirigé par un Shane Black qui nous signe là un blockbuster comme on aimerait en voir plus souvent.

From mdcu-comics.fr (4/5)

From Cineshow.fr (4/5)

Here's a negative from Filmosphere (2.5/5)

I don't know if any of these guys are RT critics or if these are essentially blogger-type reviews so ...

Last edited:
That negative from Filmosphere will be on RT.

Tired of the comparisons to The Avengers, it's already getting really old and uneccessary.

Since I'm not French and I don't really know which ones here are professional critics and all that stuff, I'm just gonna group these French reviews based on positives and negatives--

Positive: filmosaure (8/10), Comicsblog.fr (4/5), Onlike.net (3.5/5), nivrae.fr (9/10), unificationfrance, legolasgamer, avoir-alire (3/4), lestoilesheroiques.fr, shunrize (85%), planete-cinephile

Mixed: ltpaterson (15/20)

Negative (they HATED the twist): masemainecinema, marvellll (6/10), pleaz (6/10; hated the twist but otherwise liked the film)

Last edited:
Reading the junior novelization today, I don't get the motives of the villains towards Tony Stark. Their plan is what?

That negative from Filmosphere will be on RT.

No, it won't. Filmosphere is not on the publications list and the writer (Nicolas Gilli) is not listed as a critic.

Tired of the comparisons to The Avengers, it's already getting really old and unnecessary.

Comes with the territory unfortunately. Following up a critically and successful film like the Avengers.

Comes with the territory unfortunately. Following up a critically and successful film like the Avengers.
Pretty much. Any superhero film post-Avengers will be compared to The Avengers, Marvel films doubly so.

From the other BO forums, the one's who count as RT reviews are Telegraph(already counted), Times.UK, and daily star.

Thanks for the updates shuffleboard..its very much appreciated

Why do these reporters get away with violating their embargoes?

Very true, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

How could the studio punish them?

I'm honestly wondering how.

There is nothing that the studio can do to a reporter to punish them for breaking an embargo. Any attempt at retaliation would just backfire, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"