Official Iron Man thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, what's Grummet got coming up? I remember his GenX work from back in the day. He was a shock to my Bachalo system, but he was good. He does a good Jubilee. :up:
He's going to be on New Exiles. I could've sworn I'd seen upcoming art from something else, but I guess I was imagining things.

I might be interested in picking that up. Is Claremont still writing it?

From the other Iron Man thread:

Although his work has indeed improved since Ms. Marvel, I don't think its him. It looks to me like Butch Guice actually.

De La Torre has been regular artist post CW,with the exception of the WWH issues done by Guice.

I might be interested in picking that up. Is Claremont still writing it?
Unfortunately, he is, so I'll be staying away, too. He's also merging the New Excalibur team with it, as if he weren't already skewing it way too much toward being just another 616 mutants team in the first place.

But I'll still probably flip through it at the shop to see how Grummett's art looks.

So, Excalibur's getting the axe? I guess that's good news. The bad news is that bad writing's going to keep me away from Tom Grummet art. :(

Bad news for us all. Just a year ago, Grummett on the Exiles would've gotten me so excited, too.

Part 2 of "Waxing Shellhead" with the Knaufs:
http://comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12184

Preview images of #25 (oh baby,Stark dons the old school armor,pick this book up folks,immijitly)

IM025010copy.jpg

IM025012copy.jpg

Not necessarily. Guice could be filling in for de la Torre.

And Iron Man looks f'n amazing.

I don't know why the Knaufs would've been talking about how great de la Torre is if the art they supplied CBR with was Guice's.

As I see it.

The art up there that is in black and white, with the old armor, is de la Torre's.

The art was colored on the last page is Guice's.

Damn. A year ago, this wouldn't have been a problem. Rob de la Torre has gotten so good, I can't even recognize his art.

Yo Upset,what are you smoking?De La Torre has been doing the art chores since #15 with the exception of the WWH issues by Guice.

Damn. A year ago, this wouldn't have been a problem. Rob de la Torre has gotten so good, I can't even recognize his art.

Yeah. I didn't even realize it was him until someone pointed it out to me. Talk about refining your craft.

Yo Upset,what are you smoking?De La Torre has been doing the art chores since #15 with the exception of the WWH issues by Guice.

Wisdom, my friend, wisdom.

I'm just saying, Guice has done work on this book before. Its conceivable that he's doing a fill-in for de la Torre to help keep the book on schedule. The art in those pages reminds me more of the WWH issues than it does de la Torre's.

I grant that I'm not infallible and that I may be wrong but I'm fairly certain I'm not.

I don't like how old and saggy Cheung draws Doc Strange.

That art doesn't look bad. It'll look better when it's scaled down to the printed page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"