Official JLA discussion thread

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by Nightwing 52, Dec 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iron Man Registered

I dropped it when Ice went nuts and her "true origin" was revealed. #11 if I'm not mistaken. I wasn't hating it, I'd just lost a bit of interest.

For this arc, it's Batman, Jade, Donna Troy, Supergirl, and Jesse Quick. Unfortunately, Starman and Congorilla are rejoining once this is over, but I'm probably only on board for this arc anyway so I'm not too bothered. I just want the Big 7 back to be honest.

2. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

That was definitely the worst issue so far. It's gotten much better since then, especially if you like Captain Atom.

3. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Starman and Supergirl are cool I guess. I'd like the Big 7 back too. Wtf is Red Tornado up to these days? Still bodiless?

4. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Bodiless or not, he's probably still s***ty. :oldrazz:

5. Mystirious Registered

And insane :dry:

6. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Aw, no love for Reddy

7. Mystirious Registered

Tomorrow Woman should take his place on the JLA

8. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

That is the best idea I've ever heard.

9. Mystirious Registered

I would read it :up:

10. Micah12345 Registered

so far generation lost>>>brightest day

11. Mystirious Registered

12. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Yeah. Even if you consider that Ice debacle to be Generation Lost's Hawkman/Hawkgirl story, it still comes out ahead because it's only tainted one issue with it, as opposed to the bits and pieces of multiple issues of BD that Hawkman and Hawkgirl have stunk up.

13. Mystirious Registered

And Ice and Fire are still :awesome:

14. GlasgowBat Registered

So Generation Lost is pretty excellent (Ice origin aside) and this issue was all kindsof awesome. But what do we make of this wonder woman stuff? very interesting. I can only assume it's something Max did by accident, considering the same people are unaffected as was the case before.

15. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

It is a nice way to address whats going on in WWs book. But then TT and JL must happen either before this or after this. But I want WW to come back to normal and be part of the take down Max Lord team. And if he doesnt get killed off by the end of this then good to have a new WW villan.

16. BrianWilly Disciple of Whedon

Well, we know for certain that the world forgot Wonder Woman due to the events of her own book. What we don't know is why Booster, Nate, Fire, and Ice...and Max, for that matter...remember her when no one else does.

17. GlasgowBat Registered

Yeah, this is what I mean. Have we been given any indication when WW is supposed to re-emerge from this alternate continuity? It's been made clear that this is ultimately what will occur, but is it soon?

18. Mystirious Registered

I thought that the events in her comic book were in an alternate timeline

Confuzzled

19. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Confuzzlement seems to be the word for most people about this. The whole Nu-Diana thing is an alternate timeline and, according to ol' JM to the 'S originally, it was happening in a vacuum to her title. Though, she's popping up in this, an issue of Superman where Supes...kind of remembers her, but is not sure (at least that's what the solicits say), and apparently in relation to Flashpoint. So, it's kind of up in the air about how the continuity is actually working with this (or, probably it doesn't mean **** in the end and they're running with it).

What some people have speculated is that the whole changing history for WW might be in relation to this, like maybe the Gods did this to protect Diana from Max or something. I kind of doubt that, but it's a decent theory (but it's totally not gonna happen).

20. Mystirious Registered

It probably totally won't :csad: I do not think JMS knows what the heck he is doing and now he will not even finish his story himself it will probably become even more confuzzling

And that gives me Brooklyn Rage :down

21. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Well...I guess maybe I should take that back some. They've made a pretty big point that Hester is pretty wide open in how he gets to where ever JMS was going, so I guess it's more possible that it has more chance of happening, but I still think it'll end up being pretty insular.

My guess is that it's ultimately just going to end up being a case of them wanting to acknowledge the whole Dania killing Max thing, but keeping consistent with her the shenanigans in her own title. It's a shame, though, would have liked to see that confrontation, maybe it'd even be the beginning of a reform for Max (total pipe dream there, I know, but I kind of want that to happen).

22. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Maybe because Max made everyone but them forget something else already. Like, it set their minds to be more open to retaining information that the world is meant to forget, even if it's not due to Max's powers.

I don't know, it makes as much sense as anything in comics to me.

23. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I think Diana is still in the main dc world just with her history being altered, she hasnt made a name for herself yet.

24. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

It’s been a cold, cold week here in New York and across much of the country. Yes, winter is undeniably here.
    So while folks outside are bundled up and dressed for arctic conditions, I’m personally glad to have the distraction of March’s solicits, which break online Monday.
    Over the course of the day, we’ll have a couple of teases for you to remind us all that, oh yeah, spring will come again.
    First up, hmmmm, where to start?
    How about this: What Lantern joins the Justice League next Spring? Interwebs, start your speculation….

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/

25. Mystirious Registered

Ch'p will join the JLA

And lead it :awesome:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.