Official JLA discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sethcohen said:
well considering marvel put spidey back in the black suit (which is stupid because if i remember correctly, he stopped wearing because it freaked out MJ after she was attacked by venom) just because the movie has him in it, id say thats a safe bet...

What does it matter when MJ is dead.:o

i didnt think so... as much as i know JQ wants to, id still be shocked if they did... thats like killing off lois lane

Darthphere said:
Its been toyed with as well.

toying with it is one thing... actually doing it is something else entirely

Oh please,... they killed Gwen (the supervillian rut) Stacy,.... why wouldn't the kill MJ?

Varient said:
Oh please,... they killed Gwen (the supervillian rut) Stacy,.... why wouldn't the kill MJ?

youre absolutley right... i just hate to see a character (especially a classic one) killed off because someone in a position of power doesnt like or get the character or they feel that character is holding back another character... you got a compelling story to tell and it makes sense that MJ or Lois or someone should die? im not going to particularly like it, but ill understand it alot more than "joey q dun like MJ so we gots ta kill 'er!"

sethcohen said:
youre absolutley right... i just hate to see a character (especially a classic one) killed off because someone in a position of power doesnt like or get the character or they feel that character is holding back another character... you got a compelling story to tell and it makes sense that MJ or Lois or someone should die? im not going to particularly like it, but ill understand it alot more than "joey q dun like MJ so we gots ta kill 'er!"
I apologize if I appear cynical,... With The demonizing of Spiderman senior, The death of said same,
the intro of "evil" uncle ben,
The cancelation of Arana w/o Spiderman getting his first real sidekick vice big chested leather wearing partner, (Consider - he could've given her his old web shooters,.. she's strong enough!),
the revelation that Gwen was a stupid gurl easily cohersed into spreading for an older man in need of comfort,
The introduction of the children of Gwen and the Green Goblin,
the intro into new avengers followed by the reduction of experience as a superhero and then the wimpification under stark,
The sudden "lack of concern" in revealing his secret identity after YEARS of going thru serious crap to keep aunt may safe,
And now the suddenly can't fight to the point he gets whooped BY THE RHINO???

They CAN'T surprise me with anything else.

Peter Parker has officially surpassed Charlie Brown.

Varient said:
I apologize if I appear cynical,... With The demonizing of Spiderman senior, The death of said same,
The cancelation of Arana w/o Spiderman getting his first real sidekick vice big chested leather wearing partner, (Consider - he could've given her his old web shooters,.. she's strong enough!),
the revelation that Gwen was a stupid gurl easily cohersed into spreading for an older man in need of comfort,
the intro into new avengers followed by the reduction of experience as a superhero and then the wimpification under stark,
The sudden "lack of concern" in revealing his secret identity after YEARS of going thru serious crap to keep aunt may safe,

this is why i dont read marvel anymore

Varient said:

:eek:

Varient said:

BROKL-01_150.jpg

Darthphere said:
Who's whining,.. I just listed the reasons why you can no longer surprize me.

They should be calling him "the incredible Charlie Brown"

Did I stumble into a Marvel thread by mistake? F**k Marvel, f**k Spider-man, f**k MJ, f**k Uncle Ben, f**k Gwen Stacey and f**k Charlie Brown. I'm out.

Fledermaus said:
Did I stumble into a Marvel thread by mistake? F**k Marvel, f**k Spider-man, f**k MJ, f**k Uncle Ben, f**k Gwen Stacey and f**k Charlie Brown. I'm out.
(chuckle)
How do you really feel about this?

Fledermaus said:

Its sad really.:csad:

I just don't really like Marvel. I tried to read a few books, but they just seem a little off to me. I can't explain it. I know a lot of you don't get it or don't give a damn. I'm a DC junkie.:cmad:

So yeah just got issue 4 and would it be wrong to say that i really enjoyed this issue? It was just very well done IMO.

Are you talking about Justice League of America? In the JLA thread? What's the matter with you?

Hush said:
So yeah just got issue 4 and would it be wrong to say that i really enjoyed this issue? It was just very well done IMO.

Not really, but prepare yourself.

Hush said:
?
It was okay,.. no heat,... in fact parts of it was downright contri - contres,...

conversation-invoking to say the least.

There are those of us waiting to see the real deal with Vixen and Geo-Force.

i can say i didnt hate this issue... maybe ill like number 5!

Darthphere said:
Not really, but prepare yourself.

Prepare myself for what?

I think I read that you didnt enjoy the issue but I could be wrong did you? Honestly im just glad i read a good super hero comic. Putting the Red Arrow thing aside, which i didnt mind a whole bad place of alot, the story moved forward and made me wonder how Vixen is flying with no totem. I also really want to see a knock-out brawl with the new Amazo. The Geo-force tidbit was nice at the end but i dont think he will be in the league it could happen but I dont think i will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"