Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I love that music so much that I'd forgive them if they just went ahead and included it in the movie, haha.

Love both teasers; glad I got to finally hear Costner's voice over (which was great) but I prefer the Crowe one. I don't know how the GA will react but it certainly made me even more excited for Superman.

I've said this before but the teaser really gives me a Terrance Malick vibe; anyone else get that?

Thank you, G Godfrey. It'd be cool if you could upload that one once it comes back up. If you can, that is.

Yeah, I love that music so much that I'd forgive them if they just went ahead and included it in the movie, haha.

Love both teasers; glad I got to finally hear Costner's voice over (which was great) but I prefer the Crowe one. I don't know how the GA will react but it certainly made me even more excited for Superman.

I've said this before but the teaser really gives me a Terrance Malick vibe; anyone else get that?
Yeah, I've said the same thing quite a number of times on the Malick comparison. I've seen others around the internet use it too. I love the idea of a Malick-like tone for a Superman movie. Brilliant move, I think.

Yup. I think we are pretty much in agreement that the (Kansas) footage definately gives of a Malick quality. And having the the teaser in it's full glory , it's definately growing. I prefer the one with the Jor-El v/o.

The one thing I don't like about the teaser is the font style used and the \S/ at the end. I actually like this shield design, but here it looks to cartoonish for the teaser.

We need a poll which ones better :p

The one thing I don't like about the teaser is the font style used and the \S/ at the end. I actually like this shield design, but here it looks to cartoonish for the teaser.

Yes... this is a comic book movie... they should have gone with comic sans!

I'm reading other internet message boards (non-Superman/comic book related) and the reaction seems to be overwhelmingly positive. I've read, "Wow, they may actually get this one right" a number of times.

Beautiful teaser. As other people have said, the natural lighting and moody photography in the teaser feels very Malick-esque. The teaser(s) convinced me that Snyder's new take on Superman is the right one to go with for the reboot.

Yeah, I've said the same thing quite a number of times on the Malick comparison. I've seen others around the internet use it too. I love the idea of a Malick-like tone for a Superman movie. Brilliant move, I think.

Yeah, definitely. Though I don't know that I'd want an entire Superman movie done Malick-style. Heh, could you imagine the audience reactions to that?

But it certainly works for a teaser and probably in some of the more reflective scenes.

I hated the trailer the first time I saw it, saw it again the next day and it grew on me, now I love it lol. Drama queen :D

I'm reading other internet message boards (non-Superman/comic book related) and the reaction seems to be overwhelmingly positive. I've read, "Wow, they may actually get this one right" a number of times.

I've been reading mostly negative reactions from the GA yesterday when the bootlegged versions were on youtube, but now (kind of surprising) I do see a mostly positive reaction.

Thats good

The film will certainly look nice and I love the flying shot at the end.

David Goyer still wrote the screenplay lol

The teaser reminded me (and I'm sure others as well) of the first teaser for Batman Begins in that if I didn't already know what film the teaser is for, I wouldn't even be able to initially guess. For example, the BB teaser at first looks to be for a film about a guy traveling to Tibet or something. The Man of Steel teaser looks to be for a film about a drifter who become fisherman. It's only in the last clip that people are able to figure out what and who it's about. At Comic Con, Zack Snyder described the "teaser" as an "announcement piece." That's pretty accurate. We probably won't get a true teaser until December.

Crev-3 this was the teaser and the full trailer is coming in december with the hobbit!

The Trailer looks so much better in HD... on Youtube! lol Im Geeking

The film certainly looks well shot based on the teaser, but they are just teasers. Until I see trailers giving me more story and such, I just can't get that excited about a Snyder directed, Goyer written movie.

I really liked the teaser, seemed like they watched the Batman Begins teaser for influence.

superman-fly-o.gif

Over 30 years ago, we believed a man could fly.

mosflight.gif

Next year they'll make us believe a man can break the sound barrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"