Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jor-El's line trumps Kents by miles for me. The fact that it's a line from All Star Superman only makes it that much better. The delivery is so damn sincere that it just hit me emotionally in the right place.

I actually thought it flowed with the footage perfectly.

Agreed. It really enhanced that butterfly shot, which again - l loved.

Kent's almost seemed like an after thought.

Yeah, I get a little tired of the know-it-all Jor-El, but I just love the "follow you into the sun" line too much.

Don't get me wrong; I love it. It's just a little too depressing (IMO) for a Superman teaser. But there's a lot to like about it.

Don't get me wrong; I love it. It's just a little too depressing (IMO) for a Superman teaser. But there's a lot to like about it.

Oh I know, everyone's different. What do you find depressing about it? I found it uplifting.

Last edited:
I like both equally since they speak to different sides of Clark. Jonathan to the human side about growing up and accepting who you are and Jor-El about Kal-El's heritage and inspiration.

other than the semi $$ shot at the end i didn't like the teaser at all. since when is clark kent a crab fisherman? :facepalm:

other than the semi $$ shot at the end i didn't like the teaser at all. since when is clark kent a crab fisherman? :facepalm:

Well it makes sense that he'd be posing as a fisherman during his time away from everyone else (pre-superman days) while staying in Alaska.

As for the teaser itself, honestly...If I didn't know that:

1. The comic con trailer existed

2. That the film was originally shot with the deadline of releasing it at the end of this year

Then I would have thought based on the teaser alone that they just started filming, with the flying shot being one of their few effects shots that was ready to be shown.

Clark being a fisherman makes his life a bad place of a lot more interesting, that's for sure. It gives his story an entirely new angle to work with. I'm glad that Superman is finally developing as a character.

Just saw the Comicon footage for the first time. From a die hard Marvel fan I have to say......wow...

I love Hans Zimmer and I feel like Nolan is the Faverau of the DC movie verse who will propel these great characters well onto the silver screen.

I love the feel and alien esque look to Supes and his upbringing as Clark, also I have to say the score (yet generic I've heard the Comicon trailer score before) fits well.

I can see Supes going places next year. Congrats to DC and WB for potentially bringing back the big guy in good light.

Since when COULDN'T he be? :hmm

Wow, some people really think that their "idea" of who Clark Kent/Superman are is the ONLY Clark Kent/Superman there ever can be.

Don't they?

Since when COULDN'T he be? :hmm

Wow, some people really think that their "idea" of who Clark Kent/Superman are is the ONLY Clark Kent/Superman there ever can be.

Don't they?

I couldnt agree with you more, Clark had a life before he was Superman, before he was a reporter at the DP. he was born in Smallville so he is a down to earth guy. I am very interested to see more of his back story other than krypton>ship>earth>kents

so, I finally got around to seeing TDKR............

and they didn't even show the MOS teaser!!! :cmad: :csad:

is it normal for them to start dropping trailers after a movie's been out for awhile?

the only "big" movie trailer I got was Oz. then there was some Tom Cruise one.......and I think 1 more, but I forgot what it was.......lol

I was waiting for MOS......but then the "bat flapping music" started and I was like........:(

It seems like Clark is trying to live a life without using powers during that pre-Superman period, which is an interesting idea.

IMHO, I think its safe to say Zod and company are what causes Clark to become Superman. They are the catalyst.

ugh...it's an inside joke between me and Kalmart and Superman's relevance. He always has some jokes...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"