Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on the "maybe" line.
Jonothan loves Clark with all of his heart, afterall he's the son he and Martha had tried for years to get only for him to one day fall from the stars.
However, alongside his love for the child Jonothan has fear. he knows Clark is different, he fears the world will see him as a threat or that he'll be taken away and experimented on.
Clarks true heritage has to remain secret so that Jonothan can keep his son safe.
When asked should Clark have let the people on the bus die Jonothan answered in an honest way, a selfish way perhaps. His only thought is keeping his son safe, hidden.

as i said in another thread:

I am hoping that as the movie goes on, as Clark becomes Superman, the colors in the world get brighter. Like a brighter filter to metaphorically show the shift of what the presence of Superman brings to the planet.

I absolutely love the landscape shot of Supes in the arctic.

Reminds me of this artwork from Secret Identity:

supes6.png

supes8.png

I am NEVER reading another trailer description again.

It was my fault to assume MOS's first trailer will be like every other first trailer in the genre, with the villain narrative and all, but I was 200% sure that was fake. Also because I couldn't believe the dialogue was real.

Well, that kind of ruined the first viewing for me. I was watching the Kryptonian countdown live so I saw how the numbers disappeared and a video appeared. My excitement turned into quick amazement, as the moment I saw Clarks body in the water I went HOLY S**T it was real!! And then the dialogue kicked in. So I was unable to fully absorb the trailer because I immediately felt disappointment over the realization that I wont get my Zod fill or a single glimpse of Superman kicking ass. So all while trying to absorb the trailer I was feeling disappointed AND amazed at the visuals at the same time.

Seriously, I tell you in advance, when the third trailer descriptions come use them spoiler tags because if I get another trailer experience ruined like that I'll....I'll....yell at my screen. :oldrazz:

And even though I am still feeling sad over not a single bloody glimpse of super battles or Zod saying anything, I love the trailer anyway. Despite the overly dark look (I expected the suit to pop out more in the color department). And like I said in another topic, the trailer did it's job good enough.

It's funny because I thought the teaser in July should have been the CC teaser, this trailer a Zod introduction trailer with snippets of battles and the final trailer an all out action mayhem. Now it seems the last trailer will be a combination of the two I had in mind.

But a slight personal disappointment aside, like I said in the rate the trailers topic, it worked. And that's all that matters.

Yeah I know what you mean G. Godfrey, the thing is I didn't believe it because we've been given so many fake descriptions in the past it just seemed like another one.

That's an amazing book, the artwork in it is superb

Agreed, it's beautiful :)

I am NEVER reading another trailer description again.

It was my fault to assume MOS's first trailer will be like every other first trailer in the genre, with the villain narrative and all, but I was 200% sure that was fake. Also because I couldn't believe the dialogue was real.

Well, that kind of ruined the first viewing for me. I was watching the Kryptonian countdown live so I saw how the numbers disappeared and a video appeared. My excitement turned into quick amazement, as the moment I saw Clarks body in the water I went HOLY S**T it was real!! And then the dialogue kicked in. So I was unable to fully absorb the trailer because I immediately felt disappointment over the realization that I wont get my Zod fill or a single glimpse of Superman kicking ass. So all while trying to absorb the trailer I was feeling disappointed AND amazed at the visuals at the same time.

Seriously, I tell you in advance, when the third trailer descriptions come use them spoiler tags because if I get another trailer experience ruined like that I'll....I'll....yell at my screen. :oldrazz:

And even though I am still feeling sad over not a single bloody glimpse of super battles or Zod saying anything, I love the trailer anyway. Despite the overly dark look (I expected the suit to pop out more in the color department). And like I said in another topic, the trailer did it's job good enough.

It's funny because I thought the teaser in July should have been the CC teaser, this trailer a Zod introduction trailer with snippets of battles and the final trailer an all out action mayhem. Now it seems the last trailer will be a combination of the two I had in mind.

But a slight personal disappointment aside, like I said in the rate the trailers topic, it worked. And that's all that matters.

Yeah I went through all those stages too.

If I hadn't seen the comic con footage, and if I hadn't read that trailer descript, i'd have probably died from happiness after watching it... as it was, it was a bit of an anti climax.

But when you put all that aside and try and imagine what it would be like watching the trailer as a member of the GA, I think it's pretty good.

I've shown it to a few people, and they seemed to think it was cool... although one of them commented they didn't like Martha's little speech (called it cheesy) and another one literally laughed when Jonathon said 'maybe' (though I will judge that based on the context and what comes straight before and after it... still, it's a weird line to put into the trailer, and they could have easily just left it at 'just let them die?' without following it with anything at all).

I absolutely love the landscape shot of Supes in the arctic.

Reminds me of this artwork from Secret Identity:

supes6.png

supes8.png

I see quite some Secret Identity influence in MOS. Mainly in the naturalistic visuals and the what-if-this-happened-in-the-real-world angle.

y'know, that was my reaction too.

when the trailer started with Clark in the water, I thought "****!! That description WAS real!!"

If I hadn't seen the comic con footage, and if I hadn't read that trailer descript, i'd have probably died from happiness after watching it... as it was, it was a bit of an anti climax.

But when you put all that aside and try and imagine what it would be like watching the trailer as a member of the GA, I think it's pretty good.

I've shown it to a few people, and they seemed to think it was cool... although one of them commented they didn't like Martha's little speech (called it cheesy) and another one literally laughed when Jonathon said 'maybe' (though I will judge that based on the context and what comes straight before and after it... still, it's a weird line to put into the trailer, and they could have easily just left it at 'just let them die?' without following it with anything at all).

I'll be honest. Ma Kents line sounded slightly cheesy to me too. Mainly in the way Diane Lane delivered it. But I've since grown to really like it. I mean, it's a loving mother helping her son deal with what seems to be his super hearing kicking in. And it's a bit out of context in the trailer.

As for the ˝maybe˝ line, it was put there for a purpose. And it achieved it. I don't think anything is left to chance with trailers. It's there to get a reaction out of people. Same reason why the poster is Superman in handcuffs and not a generic Superman in flight photo. I've also spent a bit of time googling reactions to the trailer on the internet, and there were a number of people who actually liked the maybe. Because to them it represent a departure from the more cookie-cutter unrealistic depictions of characters in previous Superman movies.

And I now wish the CC trailer never leaked. However, I find it a bit weird how the better version came out of nowhere, with parts like Zod conveniently blurred out with assumed auto-focus feature turned on. But that theory is another topic altogether. In short, I hope the next trailer is less anti-climatic for me and for anyone else who felt the same way about this one. It grew on me quick though, on repeated viewings.

even though I watched the CC trailer, and read the current trailer's description, I did not feel like the new trailer was anti-climactic. in fact, it was even better than I expected, especially based on reading the description. The music they used helped make it feel more epic, too.

when Superman knelt down, and the ground started to shake, and the rocks and snow started swirling upwards, and then Superman took off and zoomed into the sky, and that shot of Superman flying in space, I literally started crying. for me, it felt like.........."Finally!!! Superman..........has arrived!!"

My sentiments exactly.

The excitement over the trailer has worn off for me. And now being able to evaluate it a little more objectively, it really isn't as strong as the comic con footage.

The cheesily delivered Martha dialogue (it is cheesy, at least in the trailer)and somber tone of the film does have me a little worried.

even though I watched the CC trailer, and read the current trailer's description, I did not feel like the new trailer was anti-climactic. in fact, it was even better than I expected, especially based on reading the description.

The description didn't do it justice, that's true.

The trailer was absolutely perfect imo. Drama, emotions, narrative substance, as well as crazy visual effects.

My sentiments exactly.

The excitement over the trailer has worn off for me. And now being able to evaluate it a little more objectively, it really isn't as strong as the comic con footage.

The cheesily delivered Martha dialogue (it is cheesy, at least in the trailer)and somber tone of the film does have me a little worried.

While I think this trailer is superior to the CC one (although that being our first real look and with the great JTTL score, I can see how it can leave a strong lasting impression - it also felt less somber) I think Russell Crowe's line in the opening of the CC was a far superior line of dialogue to open a trailer with, compared to the Martha dialogue.

While I think this trailer is superior to the CC one (although that being our first real look and with the great JTTL score, I can see how it can leave a strong lasting impression - it also felt less somber) I think Russell Crowe's line in the opening of the CC was a far superior line of dialogue to open a trailer with, compared to the Martha dialogue.

The two trailers are virtually the same though barring the points you made in which you prefer the CC footage. I'll also throw in that the released trailer was missing some pretty awesome key shots that really would have made it pop, i.e. the reveal of Supes backlit exiting the fortress of solitude with his cape billowing. (Honestly that one shot is was sold me on the potential for this movie and I really wish it was in this new trailer :\ )

This being the case, why do you think the new trailer is superior?

I preferred the music in the Comic Con trailer

Me too

I preferred the music in the Comic Con trailer

The two trailers are virtually the same though barring the points you made in which you prefer the CC footage. I'll also throw in that the released trailer was missing some pretty awesome key shots that really would have made it pop, i.e. the reveal of Supes backlit exiting the fortress of solitude with his cape billowing. (Honestly that one shot of is was sold me on the movie and I really wish it was in this new trailer :\ )

Me too

I would have loved the shot of Supes exiting the FOS, too.

oh, well, gotta save stuff for the next trailer, right? :cwink:

The two trailers are virtually the same though barring the points you made in which you prefer the CC footage. I'll also throw in that the released trailer was missing some pretty awesome key shots that really would have made it pop, i.e. the reveal of Supes backlit exiting the fortress of solitude with his cape billowing. (Honestly that one shot of is was sold me on the movie and I really wish it was in this new trailer :\ )

Damn I totally forgot about that exit from the FOS shot (haven't watched the CC trailer in a while). And now I feel bummed out about that not being in there so thanks a lot for ruining it for me! :oldrazz: :woot:

Why I think the new trailer is superior...hmm...you know, now that I think about it, it could be because I've seen it in HD, unlike the CC footage. But I do think the visuals of the opening are more striking and I love some of the shots included in the last minute (Lara looking at Krypton's destruction, space ships over the Kent farm, the (Clark?) fisherman with something falling from the sky) and the shot of Superman and Lois all of which weren't present in the CC teaser.

has anyone figured out who the woman running next to Perry is?

it looks like he's grabbing onto her arm.

but it doesn't look like Lois.......

It's an unknown actress cast as Lois Lane (Amy Adams is actually playing Lana Lang). :woot: JK!

Seriously though, I asked that question yesterday. I scoured the casting list on IMDB and the only brunette I found that makes a little sense in context of the scene was:

Christina Wren... Captain Carrie Farris (as Christina Ghubril)

???

Just having some fun with guessing.

Hmm looks like I need to read Secret Identity

You have to. It's one of the best Superman stories EVER. Definitely in my top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"