Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mldjejcHcD1rp0vkjo2_400.gif

epic!

I'm not really expecting much from the score except for typical Zimmer stuff, so as long as it doesn't actually fight what's going on, it'l be serviceable enough.

Zimmer is consistent in that area. What he does is usually serviceable at least.

Zimmer is consistent in that area. What he does is usually serviceable at least.

And often at most, too....with a lot of bass. ;)

Well I know they're trying to distance MoS from the old ones but I don't think it's completely out of line.

Apparently not in this trailer, though. :O Jor-El force ghosts would be right up their alley.

I actually am really enjoying the music. At like 1:14 when Jonathan Kent is saying "Even if it takes the rest of your life, you owe it to yourself to find out what that reason is", it really starts to build and get emotional.

The music itself feels like it's in flight, the rhythm of it. And then when the drums come in it becomes an actual superhero march. I'm digging it. It has a very exciting feel to it.

This trailer wisely followed the TDKR trailer 3 model of having the feeling of constantly building.

I'm hoping Zimmer's score is Pirates than Batman. I think more adventurous themes is perfect for Superman!

Definitely happy that the movie isn't too dim at all.

I love the action scenes towards the end of the trailer, and I am glad that they cut away quickly. Now there cant be too many complaints about them giving away the best action sequences since we can barely tell whats happening. Superman 2piece combo FTW!

But as good as all that action was towards the end, I still think the begining is my favorite. I was emotional to see Jor-El and Lara send baby Kale-El away. And the brief glimpse of the war on Krypton.....my absolute favorite part of the whole 3 min trailer!

People have weird taste in soundtracks

Yeah it seems a shame to squander Crowe on a few scenes. Krypton too, I wanna see more of that ****.

Wonder if they'll have Russell Crowe holograms in the FoS?
I think so if we base on the Comic-Con footage.

You mean like in STM? Nah...they'd never rehash that in a new movie!

I know you are being more joking here than earlier, but would you give it a rest already with the Superman: The Movie comparisons and digs? We all know Donner's film was incredibly influential. Many of its successful innovations made their way into the comics over the last thirty years. Naturally, a modern Superman film like Man of Steel, which draws from a variety of post-Crisis interpretations like Byrne's Man of Steel miniseries, Birthright, Earth One, Secret Origin and Smallville, will have similarities to Superman: The Movie because Donner's take influenced everything that has come since 1978. However, all of those subsequent interpretations added things to the character that are missing from S:TM, like:

-A scared Jonathan who fears for his son's safety if the world discovers his secret
-Clark as a frightened child coming to terms with his powers
-Genetic engineering and emotional coldness on Krypton
-Clark wandering the world trying to find himself while helping people
-Lois chasing after a mysterious guardian angel
-Lex as corrupt corporate tycoon instead of a Moriarty-like supercriminal after land

Those sort of things will greatly change the overall interpretation of how Clark grows up to become Superman. Based on the evidence we have, this movie is as much a remake of S:TM as TDK was a remake of Batman 89. If you think otherwise, it is because you are focusing on superficial things like the framing of the shot where Zod vows to come after Kal-El or one line by Jonathan Kent after Clark being sent here for a reason or the presence of a Jor-El hologram in the Fortress.

I actually am really enjoying the music. At like 1:14 when Jonathan Kent is saying "Even if it takes the rest of your life, you owe it to yourself to find out what that reason is", it really starts to build and get emotional.

The music itself feels like it's in flight, the rhythm of it. And then when the drums come in it becomes an actual superhero march. I'm digging it. It has a very exciting feel to it.

It reminded me of a high school marching band.

EPIC Trailer!!! Had no problem with the score either - In Zimmer we trust! ;)

I wonder if we'll eventually see Kandor in a bottle. Also hoping this film will later setup Brainiac as if he had some involvement in the destruction of Krypton. Anyway, roll on June already!! :)

I know you are being more joking here than earlier, but would you give it a rest already with the Superman: The Movie comparisons and digs? We all know Donner's film was incredibly influential. Many of its successful innovations made their way into the comics over the last thirty years. Naturally, a modern Superman film like Man of Steel, which draws from a variety of post-Crisis interpretations like Byrne's Man of Steel miniseries, Birthright, Earth One, Secret Origin and Smallville, will have similarities to Superman: The Movie because Donner's take influenced everything that has come since 1978. However, all of those subsequent interpretations added things to the character that are missing from S:TM, like:

-A scared Jonathan who fears for his son's safety if the world discovers his secret
-Clark as a frightened child coming to terms with his powers
-Genetic engineering and emotional coldness on Krypton
-Clark wandering the world trying to find himself while helping people
-Lois chasing after a mysterious guardian angel
-Lex as corrupt corporate tycoon instead of a Moriarty-like supercriminal after land

Those sort of things will greatly change the overall interpretation of how Clark grows up to become Superman. Based on the evidence we have, this movie is as much a remake of S:TM as TDK was a remake of Batman 89. If you think otherwise, it is because you are focusing on superficial things like the framing of the shot where Zod vows to come after Kal-El or one line by Jonathan Kent after Clark being sent here for a reason or the presence of a Jor-El hologram in the Fortress.

No, I don't have to give anything a 'rest' because they aren't 'digs', they're observations and opinions just as anyone can have, and they're nowhere near as much as others have harped on over many other subject. You can quit being so over-sensitive to it, 'kay tiger? I already said that that I'm still looking at this movie positively and that even with these I'm hoping that it will be fun.

So give THAT a ****ing rest, thanks.

And enjoy the movie. ;) :up:

Last edited:
Is the FOS a crashed ship from like a time when Jor-El visited Earth or why does it looks so 'man' made within the ice?

I really feel like Crowe/Costner are going to steal the show.

Does Krypton explode at the beginning of this film? Or is this like the J.J. Abrams script where Krypton never exploded?

It just looks like Krypton is at war in the trailer.

Definitely happy that the movie isn't too dim at all.

It's contrasty ands has a lot of heavy shadow, but it seems to have a very clear and solid look to it, which is comforting. I like the look of it so far, aside from maybe a bit too much hand-held, but it still looks good.

Superman's punches make sonic booms :D

I love how Metropolis looks. Lots of silver and black.

Does Krypton explode at the beginning of this film? Or is this like the J.J. Abrams script where Krypton never exploded?

Krypton is shown exploding in trailer #2 while Supe's biological mom, Lara Lor-Van watches on.

Krypton is shown exploding in trailer #2 while Supe's biological mom, Lara Lor-Van watches on.
Good because I don't want that part of his origin changed!

Last edited:
I like the cast more every time I see them in motion/action.

Wish they showed some Diane Lane, though.

No, I don't have to give anything a 'rest' because they aren't 'digs', they're observations and opinions just as anyone can have, and they're nowhere near as much as others have harped on over many other subject. You can quit being so over-sensitive to it, 'kay tiger? I already said that that I'm still looking at this movie positively and that even with these I'm hoping that it will be fun.

So give THAT a ****ing rest, thanks.

And enjoy the movie. ;) :up:

*clap clap clap clap*

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"