Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was epic and worth the wait. I cant wait for this film.

No, I don't have to give anything a 'rest' because they aren't 'digs', they're observations and opinions just as anyone can have, and they're nowhere near as much as others have harped on over many other subject. You can quit being so over-sensitive to it, 'kay tiger? I already said that that I'm still looking at this movie positively and that even with these I'm hoping that it will be fun.

So give THAT a ****ing rest, thanks.

And enjoy the movie. ;) :up:

lol, well we can always go back to thinking WB is going to lose the rights to superman as if it was a sure thing.....

No, I don't have to give anything a 'rest' because they aren't 'digs', they're observations and opinions just as anyone can have, and they're nowhere near as much as others have harped on over many other subject. You can quit being so over-sensitive to it, 'kay tiger? I already said that that I'm still looking at this movie positively and that even with these I'm hoping that it will be fun.

So give THAT a ****ing rest, thanks.

And enjoy the movie. ;) :up:

Don't be obtuse. They are digs because calling a film a remake implies it is less worthy of artistic merit or acclaim. You know it and I know it. Also, I never demanded that you 'had" to give it a rest, I merely asked. Now, if you want to respond the vast majority of my post, which was a reasoned and objective counter-argument, then go ahead. But you know what, don't latch onto one sentence and use it as an excuse to prop up your relatively thin argument with personal attacks and profanity. If anything, that is immature.

The suit has really grown on me. I still wish it was a little more colorful, a little more blue at least, but the way its tied into the Kryptonian tech and even the "S" being apart of the Kryptonian alphabet works quite well. Really clever. I've always preferred Superman's suit to be more than just regular earthen cloth because it explains why it doesn't get torn up all the time. And there's the whole symbolism of Clark coming to Smallville being wrapped in the red cape as a baby, though I don't know if they're doing that here.

Awesome epic trailer that's going to be the best Superman since the first 2 Superman movies. Finally, we have a team that understands and respects the Superman mythos as they stay true to it. You have 75 years worth of material to draw from and this is what they did!

An all-out Super fight between Superman and Zod that's going to blow the Richard Donner/ Richard Lester version.

Love the interrogation between Superman and Lois Lane and Amy Adams is doing great as Lois.

Can you imagine Henry Cavill guest-starring in Arrow as Superman as a way to unify the DC Universe in film and TV?
agree completed.

n i'm super excited now.

Does anyone have downloadable 1080 links to the trailer?

The new trailer was solid, I liked the footage of Jor El and Krypton.

Is the FOS a crashed ship from like a time when Jor-El visited Earth or why does it looks so 'man' made within the ice?

I'm thinking it's a ship left behind from a previous Kryptonian expedition. They had to learn about Earth somehow. Maybe Jor El visited himself.

Superman punches people!!! Finally, some popcorn action to go along with epic story telling. Preordering Fandango 3D IMAX tickets ASAP!

*Insert Routh Superman flying away and shedding a tear"

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the music it is SO ****ing awesome to me! I absolutely LOVE Zimmer's work for this trailer. Another fantastic and brilliant composer is Steve Jablonsky, the Transformers composer. You want to shed a tear and feel like a miniscule spec of insignificant dust in this vast and mysterious Universe, listen to THAT guys work lol...it just feels so (and I really hate using this word because it's tossed around even when someone has a tasty chicken sandwich at Wendy's for pete's sake..) EPIC.

Also for people thinking that shot of Superman is 'bad CG' I dunno man..I honestly didn't get that at all and I'm SUPER critical of CG, I much prefer practical with CG augmentation ala Abe Sapien (brilliant use of CG, they didn't animate Doug Jones completely, just his eyes..it was awesome) but that shot to me looked like Henry Cavill under some severrrre stress like he was stopping something from happening...don't get me wrong I think there are CG elements in that shot but I really think that's him acting his balls off to be honest lol

And call me crazy, but I was actually kind of hoping for Snyder's typical 'slow mo' action. Maybe there is some in there, this is obviously just the trailer not to mention the fact one of Superman's traits is 'being faster than a speeding bullet' buuuut I wanna see what's going on and not just have a bunch of cartoony fast paced blink of an eye action going on.

I'll say one thing, thank CHRIST Superman actually threw a DAMN punch in this movie! I was LOSING it in Superman Returns where he kept getting his ash handed to him.

I really love this trailer and really managed to strike an emotional chord with me (and others I see). That's a really difficult thing to do in such a short period of time.

Come June 14th, when the 2 hr.+ motion picture "Man of Steel" comes out? I'm hoping it will be one of the greatest most awe inspiring superhero action adventures ever made.

I have tons of faith already :)

:super:

Don't be obtuse.

What?

WdAdjGR.jpg

You know what's interesting to me? It doesn't look like Krytpon has a red sun.

If Clark had was from a natural birth, does that mean we'll have a Jor-El and Lara sex scene :X

I don't think the music is 'awesome', but its not horrible...and there are a lot of reasons and precedent for it not actually being some of the movie's score. Whatever the source, it seems a conscious effort was made to play up the 'hero' and 'legend' aspects for this trailer...which I find a welcomed departure from the ethereal choral stuff from earlier releases.

As for the effects and action, I expect these to be top notch, as this is in particular a filmmaker who's known to do very well in that department.

If Clark had was from a natural birth, does that mean we'll have a Jor-El and Lara sex scene :X
Not happening. It'd be weird to have a "months later" quickcut to Lara going into labour. Unless, Kryptonians child conception is different to humans'?

You know what's interesting to me? It doesn't look like Krytpon has a red sun.

It looks huge in the sky so it must be a giant star. A red giant star wouldn't give off only red light. Our sun looks red in space. The Krypton sky looked orangey.

Someday I'll tell my children, "And that is the story of how basically everyone forgot all about the new Star Trek Into Darkness trailer!"

In the trailer I think I saw a thanagarian snarebeast?

Last edited:
When Zod screams "I WILL FIND HIM!!" it seems he's in restraints and talking to some type of authority figure.

Who is he talking to?

The music during the opening when Jor-El is witnessing the war on Krypton is phenominal. Gives you a sense of complete despair and combined with Snyders visuals, its like youre right there with Jor-El despairing as his planets inhabitants kill each other.

Not happening. It'd be weird to have a "months later" quickcut to Lara going into labour. Unless, Kryptonians child conception is different to humans'?

It doesn't have to be a quick cut. Jor-El has to spend time making the ship and plan the whole escape out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"