Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first trailer was released the Monday before the Hobbit was released.
So I am hoping they do the same here.

It would be like the DUMBEST move ever not to have the next MOS trailer premier with Iron Man 3!... Like a MAJORLY dumb move. It would be the perfect movie and the perfect time.

It would be like the DUMBEST move ever not to have the next MOS trailer premier with Iron Man 3!... Like a MAJORLY dumb move. It would be the perfect movie and the perfect time.

No. It would be dumb not to attach the trailer to it. But it is far from a perfect time to premiere with it and it is actually kind of dumb (that is if you're thinking of the May 3rd domestic release and not the April international...). Fortunately for you (and at MOS's BO risk), that's what's gonna happen. :cwink:

You seem to have forgotten WB's stupidity. Not saying that it definitely won't premiere with Iron Man 3 but that if it were to not happen, it would not be a surprise at all.

I know it's been stated before, but it's worth repeating...

MOS is coming out an entire month before TDKR did last year. WB isn't on the same time table as they were last year. They're not going to wait 'til early May (aka Iron Man 3) to release a full trailer, like they did with TDKR.

I'd bet anything that a full MOS trailer will be with Oblivion at the very latest. We know Oblivion is out April 19th, and that WB is presenting at CinemaCon on April 16th. Again, just because the TDKR CinemaCon footage didn't make it online, that doesn't mean the MOS footage they show (or a version of it) won't be online. Again, it's a completely different schedule. Not only have we heard over and over again that a trailer is hitting in mid-April, but a public trailer that week makes PERFECT sense. My guess is that the CinemaCon folks get some kind of extended look, but at some point shortly after, probably even that very same day, WB will release a trailer online as well, and then, of course, in theaters that weekend with Oblivion. The IMAX connection, the high-profile sci-fi release, the mid-April date, CinemaCon three days before - it all matches up.

Of course, there's still the chance we'll see a trailer with 42 the week before, but I just can't see WB letting the cat out of the bag before the CinemaCon presentation, even to debut it with their own movie. I'd say a poster or two next week, then the trailer the week after. May is just too late to begin the final marketing push for something that comes out in June (and the trailer will still play with IM3, regardless).

Last edited:
I'm with ya, I just hope it plays out that way. I'm tired of waiting!!!

I know it's been stated before, but it's worth repeating...

MOS is coming out an entire month before TDKR did last year. WB isn't on the same time table as they were last year. They're not going to wait 'til early May (aka Iron Man 3) to release a full trailer, like they did with TDKR.

I hear ya but they released the third Batman Begins trailer in late April (25th I believe) and the SR trailer on May 2nd so it's not like there isn't a precedence for this. Of course, that was years ago and neither of those were huge success stories in terms of BO so following that template isn't such a wise thing to do but it's probably going to happen, whether we like it nor not.

I'd bet anything that a full MOS trailer will be with Oblivion at the very latest. We know Oblivion is out April 19th, and that WB is presenting at CinemaCon on April 16th. Again, just because the TDKR CinemaCon footage didn't make it online, that doesn't mean the MOS footage they show (or a version of it) won't be online. Again, it's a completely different schedule. Not only have we heard over and over again that a trailer is hitting in mid-April, but a public trailer that week makes PERFECT sense. My guess is that the CinemaCon folks get some kind of extended look, but at some point shortly after, probably even that very same day, WB will release a trailer online as well, and then, of course, in theaters that weekend with Oblivion. The IMAX connection, the high-profile sci-fi release, the mid-April date, CinemaCon three days before - it all matches up.

Of course, there's still the chance we'll see a trailer with 42 the week before, but I just can't see WB letting the cat out of the bag before the CinemaCon presentation, even to debut it with their own movie. I'd say a poster or two next week, then the trailer the week after. May is just too late to begin the final marketing push for something that comes out in June (and the trailer will still play with IM3, regardless).

Yeah I've been saying that for a couple weeks now and another case in point is that Disney is doing the same thing. Disney has their CinemaCon presentation on Wednesday, April 17th and then later in the day they're releasing a new trailer for The Lone Ranger and if you're in Vegas they're even screening 20 minutes of footage to the public which will probably be the same footage from CinemaCon.

It could also be a reason why WB won't have anything for the MTV Movie Awards because the Awards and CinemaCon run so close together (Awards are on Sunday, April 14th, CinemaCon and possible trailer debut is two days later on Tuesday, April 16th) .

I have no doubt WB will present the footage at Comic-Con (they do have a look at their summer movies after all...) but 1. we won't get to see it and 2. that doesn't necessarily translate into trailer debuting around the time. Looking at what Disney does is useless, it's quite clear WB (sadly) doesn't do things in a similar way. Also, there is only a 2 week difference between the 16th and the 30th. Not a whole lot. Sure I do believe the trailer could get more hype and views and attention had it debuted in mid-April rather than at the end when there will be a flow of other trailers and such but it is what it is. Why else would WB want to hide photos of halloween costumes of Zod and Faora and have an embargo on that (and most of the toys and children's books) for the end of the month? Because the trailer which will likely reveal all these aspects won't debut until that time. Simple. :)

This all started out good with the official superman pic that was released, then the SV spy/set pics. The teaser and trailer were great also. They should have built on that, but for whatever reason, they chose not too. They ( WB ) are either very proud of MOS or they arent.. I honestly have no idea which it is at this point.

IMVHO, the Posters should have been released weeks ago, and, maybe, a snippet of the score, and a tv spot. nothing to break the bank or spoil it mind you, but just enough to keep the buzz going after that great trailer. That said, I wouldnt be surprised if it is may before the 3rd trailer is released, posters too. It's been that kinda production.

I'm there regardless, my worry is if joe q. public will be there.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree posters should have been released weeks ago. They really have just sat on what they have when I think they should have been contuining to push. Not doing a TV spot with the Superbowl was a big miss for me. I also think they should have debuted either the posters or a Zod reveal at Wondercon.

Its so dead on here at the minute too, we need this new trailer soon.

I've just wrote an email to Deluxe Digital Cinema (where I see the "trailer attachments) to know about Oblivion, and they just replied to me:

That Information has not yet been released. I would recommend you contact us for that information on Monday April 15th when we send out that corresponding trailer drive.

So we have to wait and see..Maybe the rating will pop up on another site like albertafimratings or bbfc..

I've just wrote an email to Deluxe Digital Cinema (where I see the "trailer attachments) to know about Oblivion, and they just replied to me:

That Information has not yet been released. I would recommend you contact us for that information on Monday April 15th when we send out that corresponding trailer drive.

So we have to wait and see..Maybe the rating will pop up on another site like albertafimratings or bbfc..

Possibly but The Great Gatsby is getting a new trailer today and I don't recall seeing it being rated...

Remember those photos of the WB studio lot with all the rubble that was supposedly filmed for a Carl's Jr commercial last month? Well supposedly Carl's Jr will have MOS toys available on April 24th so perhaps the commercial will also air then...but if it's rubble that means action footage...and Henry had his Superman jet-black hair again when going to Japan recently...hmm....blah I just don't know anymore!

Only fact I know is, the trailer will arrive on or sometime between 16th and 30th. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
IMVHO, the Posters should have been released weeks ago, and, maybe, a snippet of the score, and a tv spot. nothing to break the bank or spoil it mind you, but just enough to keep the buzz going after that great trailer. That said, I wouldnt be surprised if it is may before the 3rd trailer is released, posters too. It's been that kinda production.

They're still mixing the soundtrack CD but Watchtower did say they'd release score samples ASAP. Too early for a TV spot especially given the short attention span of the GA here in the US they're right now getting over the barrage of GI Joe 2 TV spots that have now been replaced by Oblivion spots becoming more frequent until Star Trek and Iron Man 3 TV ads really kick in. Why release a TV spot now or near those if it's just going to get lost in the noise? The GA is aware of MOS but let the 2 big May hitters duke it out amongst themselves and then commence the blitz!

I think the marketing has been fine but I will conceed the lack of posters is bothersome, especially if nothing surfaces this month and you look at World War ZZZZZZ which just dropped it's IMAX poster and comes out after MOS when Warner Bros. has a big deal and agreement with IMAX. :doh:

Ahhh so we could hear score samples before the film is released.

We'll hear it in the trailer! Or at least I sure hope so. I'd be pretty pissed if they used other music considering the score has long been completed and recorded!

We'll hear it in the trailer! Or at least I sure hope so. I'd be pretty pissed if they used other music considering the score has long been completed and recorded!

Yeah I agree :up:

Possibly but The Great Gatsby is getting a new trailer today and I don't recall seeing it being rated...
It has been approved today :yay::
THE GREAT GATSBY

Classified Date - 04/04/2013
Let's hope Warner sent multiple trailers for ratings and they're viewing those right now :whatever:

It has been approved today :yay::
THE GREAT GATSBY

Classified Date - 04/04/2013
Let's hope Warner sent multiple trailers for ratings and they're viewing those right now :whatever:

Thats not the trailer they released today. :cwink:

So highly possible of the trailer debuting as SNEAK ATTACK! :woot:

"It's not an 'S'. Where I’m from it’s a symbol of hope." - an apparent line from a new three-minute trailer, according to the CapedWonder.com Facebook page (a site I'm not familiar with).

My WB contact just watched the upcoming 3 minute 'Man of Steel' trailer. He is liking Henry Cavill more and more. Here's what he could share with me: "I saw the trailer projected in one of the big rooms with full 5.1 sound. The music was great, but may be specific to the trailer, I don’t know. It teases more of his childhood and his trying to hide from mankind, taking different jobs, etc. Also some General Zod shots. I’m sure you’ll see it soon." Stay tuned Folks!

Again, no idea how legit this is, but the guy seems pretty confident in his report...

https://www.facebook.com/CapedWonderSupermanImagery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back