So who would you like to see play the man without fear? here are my choices

1. Phillip Winchester

618w_gs_philip_winchester_2.jpg

2. Joel Kinnaman

rs_634x1024-130906135607-634..Joel-Kinnaman.ls.9613_copy.jpg

3. Patrick Wilson

Patrick%20Wilson_005_wenn5527867.jpg

Any one of these guys would be great IMO

Any of those guys would be pretty good, actually. I'll vote for Winchester though, since Strike Back is ending soon and he looks like he was BORN to play a superhero.

Robert Kazinsky (Pacific Rim, True Blood, World Of Warcraft)

robert_kazinsky.jpg

images.jpg

Patrick Wilson, I kinda like that idea.

When I see Patrick Wilson, I see Nite Owl still.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

nikolaj-coster-waldau.jpg

Kazinsky didn't left an impression on me from True Blood and Pacific Rim.

So many people could work in the role. i look forward to seeing who they cast

Well Patrick Wilson is out, since he's now in Ant-Man as an unknown character.

But whoever they get, I think he'll have to be a movie-level actor and not just a TV actor on his 5th or 6th show in the last 4 years.

It will need to be someone of the level of Kevin Spacey in House of Cards - someone who agrees to star in a TV series but could just as easily star in a Marvel movie and potentially draw the crowds too.

Well Patrick Wilson is out, since he's now in Ant-Man as an unknown character.

But whoever they get, I think he'll have to be a movie-level actor and not just a TV actor on his 5th or 6th show in the last 4 years.

It will need to be someone of the level of Kevin Spacey in House of Cards - someone who agrees to star in a TV series but could just as easily star in a Marvel movie and potentially draw the crowds too.

Do you think that because Daredevil, as the lead show, must especially sell the concept? Or just because you think the shows in general should have movie actors?

( also, note that "movie level" isn't the same thing as "movie actor": virtually everyone on Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad is "movie level", irrespective of whether they've actually done a movie or not )

Do you think that because Daredevil, as the lead show, must especially sell the concept? Or just because you think the shows in general should have movie actors?

( also, note that "movie level" isn't the same thing as "movie actor": virtually everyone on Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad is "movie level", irrespective of whether they've actually done a movie or not )

A mixture of both. Plus I think Daredevil probably will be the show that requires the most amount of acting (eg in the courtroom scenes etc). Whoever plays Murdock will have to deliver that aspect of him convincingly.

jake-gyllenhaal-sunglasses02.jpg
jake-gyllenhaal-shirtless-prince-of-persia-04.jpg

If Netflix can get a movie actor like Kevin Spacey, they can get Jake Gyllenhaal. And after seeing Prisoners, someone needs to make him a superhero already.

Last edited:
Nikolaj would be great but he may be a little old for such a physical role, imo. Plus, he's still got a while to go on GoT. I think Doctor Strange would be a better fit for him, since that's a movie rather than another show.

I love the idea of Philip Winchester. He'd be an awesome Murdock.

Philip Winchester definitely looks the part, and I'm sure he could handle the stunts. Don't know much about his acting ability though.

If Netflix can get a movie actor like Kevin Spacey, they can get Jake Gyllenhaal. And after seeing Prisoners, someone needs to make him a superhero already.
Completely agreed. But yeah I think if we're looking at similar actors to him, Ryan Gosling would be the best Daredevil choice.

But yeah Jake Gyllenhaal needs to be a superhero. He would've made a great Batman

Philip Winchester definitely looks the part, and I'm sure he could handle the stunts. Don't know much about his acting ability though.
I like him on Strike Back, and he was excellent in the Royal Shakespeare Company's production of King Lear, holding his own with British Shakespearean pros like Sir Ian McKellen. He easily has the chops to pull off Murdock, imo.

There's a little difference between House of Cards and Daredevil. I want to see Michael C. hall. Daredevil is probably one of the easiest characters to cast. Just get handsome ripped dude who can act

Michael C. Hall is not exactly a young guy anymore and he doesn't really project the physicality that I see coming from Daredevil. Winchester or Gyllenhall are both solid choices.

People want Michael C. Hall in this for the same reason people want Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor. He's well known for playing a character very similar(in bryan cranstons case, its because he had a shaved head and said evil things). Dexter works for the miami pd by day, vigilante killer by night who kills those who slip through the cracks of the system. Daredevil is a lawyer by day, viligante by night who kills those who slip through the cracks of the system.

I'd rather see a fresh take on it than watch Dexter 2.0

Damn T"Challa you've got me sold on this Winchester guy!
Never heard of him before, looked up a few of his acting clips, he's competent and has that square-jaw hero look to him.

He has a free schedule in the upcoming year and he isn't a stranger to television.

Yeah for me Philip Winchester looks the most promising out of all the names I've seen so far. And he looks like he could play either daredevil or iron fist too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"