*Official* NBA Playoff Thread.

magic :up: dwight howard :up: :up:

raptors...not so much.

Celtics anybody???? :p

Chris Bosh, TJ Ford, and Andrea Bargnani > any other group of youngsters in the conference.

Celtics... no. Just no.

most of all i hate Darth Stern and his evil Empire!:cmad:

Dude, no. Popovich is the Emperor, Duncan is Darth Vader, LeBron is Luke circa Episode IV, and Mike Brown is Admiral Ackbar.

I didn't watch Game 4 though...I went FF:ROTSS instead.

I'd rather watch this dreadful Finals series on loop for an entire day than watch another minute of a Fantastic Four movie. :down

How about instead of Making a new thread. The Mods just change the name to *Official NBA Offseason* Thread, then change it again when the season starts?

YES YES!:cmad: :csad:
hate is the path to the dark side

love those analogies!

The only one I came up with was LeBron. The others I just reported from FreeDarko's comment section.
But yeah, they're pretty brilliant. :woot:

Admiral Ackbar was far more competent than Mike Brown has ever shown to be. If Brown was leading the attack on the Death Star from the Home One, he would have positioned the Rebel Alliance ships in a maddeningly ineffective formation and suggested they attempt to destroy the Death Star by having Luke throw his lightsaber at it. He also would never have figured out 'It's a trap!' until seconds (if that) before the entire responding Alliance fleet was obliterated. Although their craniums have strikingly similar features, Mike Brown is no Admiral Ackbar.

The rest of the analogies are brilliant. :o

Admiral Ackbar was far more competent than Mike Brown has ever shown to be. If Brown was leading the attack on the Death Star from the Home One, he would have positioned the Rebel Alliance ships in a maddeningly ineffective formation and suggested they attempt to destroy the Death Star by having Luke throw his lightsaber at it. He also would never have figured out 'It's a trap!' until seconds (if that) before the entire responding Alliance fleet was obliterated. Although their craniums have strikingly similar features, Mike Brown is no Admiral Ackbar.

The rest of the analogies are brilliant. :o
well he LOOKS like Ackbar:o :huh:

All I have to say about the series is #@$% @#%# mother#$%#@$ son of a @#$^% god#$%^ monkey@$$ that was boring! Spurs deserved it but wow, I can't believe how boring that was. Well it could be worse, someone could have found a way to combine the boredom that was Star Wars into some analogy for the series and then a whole squad of fanboys could come in and start debating minutia.

All I have to say about the series is #@$% @#%# mother#$%#@$ son of a @#$^% god#$%^ monkey@$$ that was boring! Spurs deserved it but wow, I can't believe how boring that was. Well it could be worse, someone could have found a way to combine the boredom that was Star Wars into some analogy for the series and then a whole squad of fanboys could come in and start debating minutia.

Are you referring to how the Spurs were introduced to Darth Vader evil music?

Anyways, it seems like anyone can take the East next year, and I'm predicting that the Raptors will do it. Yesm that's right, the Raps.

And then to add to it, some whiny guy could come in randomly crying about a whole bunch of nothing.

PAARRR-TAAAAAYYY! :cool:

That and the last fifteen or so posts.

Raptors, eh? I could see it, my heat won't be doing jack. It's a little early to be predicting now though. I'll wait for the start of next season when all trading and other sheninagans are over to see what the team's look like.

And then to add to it, some whiny guy could come in randomly crying about a whole bunch of nothing.

PAARRR-TAAAAAYYY! :cool:

exactely. Sorry to mess up your light saber measuring (or whatever you guys do). Yeah I'm depressing myself today. It was the first time in my life I've ever fallen asleep during a Finals game.

Analogies of starwars is the ONLY way to make this year WORTH ANYTHING:hyper:

Analogies of starwars is the ONLY way to make this year WORTH ANYTHING:hyper:

Well if Kobe plays that Jar-Jar guy then I would be entertained but I'm afraid I can't get into most things Lucus (story, who cares about a story, what we need are more lasers and giant balls blowing up!).

The season had some high points and the playoffs until the end were rather unexpected and pretty entertaining. A lot of younger blood got to show case and I'm excited about next year. Stern got a year closer to death (yeah!) and Cuban actually was shut up for once.

So I won't say it was a complete waste.

Well if Kobe plays that Jar-Jar guy then I would be entertained but I'm afraid I can't get into most things Lucus (story, who cares about a story, what we need are more lasers and giant balls blowing up!).

The season had some high points and the playoffs until the end were rather unexpected and pretty entertaining. A lot of younger blood got to show case and I'm excited about next year. Stern got a year closer to death (yeah!) and Cuban actually was shut up for once.

So I won't say it was a complete waste.
you do gotta couple of good points ( stern and cubes )

but you fail to see the IMPENDING DOOM

the spurs will be namesd team of the decade.... T PArker is FRENCH... FRENCH for gods sake.. and he's the best player on the best team right now:whatever:

the world is in shambles... the EAST is a joke.. and the West even though is still stronger... from year to year... you got a choke and fold here and there

and worst yet.. the REAL EVIL EMPIRE.... The Lakers.. are in Ruins...:csad:

That Tony Parker **** was just the cap to a real crappy season for me. I'm still having a hard time believing it. The bastard made layups left and right and actually hit open looks. Why didn't they put him on his ash?

Bring on the draft.

you do gotta couple of good points ( stern and cubes )

but you fail to see the IMPENDING DOOM

the spurs will be namesd team of the decade.... T PArker is FRENCH... FRENCH for gods sake.. and he's the best player on the best team right now:whatever:

the world is in shambles... the EAST is a joke.. and the West even though is still stronger... from year to year... you got a choke and fold here and there

and worst yet.. the REAL EVIL EMPIRE.... The Lakers.. are in Ruins...:csad:

I agree about the Tony P thing. But really all the Cavs needed to do was get a German on his ash and he would have folded. That's just bad coaching.

Where you see chaos and disarray I see new hope and promise. Next year will tell.......

Hey the Lakers have a shiny Kobe dollar to trade to some team too stupid to see the shortcomings (or just desperately needing a few more wins), they'll get something nice for him.

With respect to the '99 Finals...

WORST FINALS EVERRRR!

Damn. :(

Tony Parker is not the best player on the best team, he disappeared in the fourth, and the only reason he was able to do so well was because Mike Brown came into the series with the idea of letting him beat the Cavs. Brown never attacked Parker on the offensive side of the ball. And he decided to keep throwing second and sometimes third defenders at Duncan, but never figured out how to stop Parker.

Tony Parker is not the best player on the best team, he disappeared in the fourth, and the only reason he was able to do so well was because Mike Brown came into the series with the idea of letting him beat the Cavs. Brown never attacked Parker on the offensive side of the ball. And he decided to keep throwing second and sometimes third defenders at Duncan, but never figured out how to stop Parker.

Germans....

I agree about the Tony P thing. But really all the Cavs needed to do was get a German on his ash and he would have folded. That's just bad coaching.

Where you see chaos and disarray I see new hope and promise. Next year will tell.......

Hey the Lakers have a shiny Kobe dollar to trade to some team too stupid to see the shortcomings (or just desperately needing a few more wins), they'll get something nice for him.

The problem with Kobe is that he can shoot down any trade, he has a no trade clause. So he has to agree with going to that team.

He wants to be traded though, he'll take almost anything as long as the team that takes him kisses his ash and follows his lead straight to bad place, and by bad place I don't mean the burning pitchforks bad place, I mean the kind where one player scores 60 points in a game and you still lose....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"