Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

It's foreign to me because of all the new online stuff. I know the original DS had that, but I never messed around with any of it. So I'm looking at all the options and stuff and can't help but feel like this is to the Wii U (which I never got) what the Vita was supposed to be for the PS4.

There's also the issue of having a SD card as a memory card and all the options and apps available. I guess what I meant to say was just how much more can I do with this that I couldn't do with a regular DS?

Oh well, the online stuff I can understand then. Not sure what you mean with the Vita to PS4 thing, though?

As far as the memory card thing goes, I don't think you're going to have to worry a whole lot about unless you're downloading newer games digitally.

Damn, you got some good games there. I would also look into Mario 3D Land and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

And am I the only one who thought A Link Between Worlds is one of the best Zeldas ever made? I loved it so much.

I enjoyed it a good deal, though I don't think I'd go that far.

I was just at Target in the gaming section and I saw the 3DS XL and quickly realized how big it is now that I've had an original 3DS for a while.

Is there really any difference between the 3DS and 3DS XL, other than bigger screen and the Start and select buttons being on the side?

The XL is way more comfortable, to me. I can never go back.

Maybe it was the awkward way they had it tethered to the mount at the store, but it did have a bulky feel, but then again, I've really been out of touch with handhelds in the last few years so maybe it's just something I need to re-learn how to be comfortable with. I'm more used to hold an iphone and even moving from an iphone 4 to a 6 took some getting used to.

I'm actually considering getting an XL if I see a good price on Black Friday, but I almost feel like I should be focusing more on getting games instead.

You have 3 really good games. Start playing those.

I'm currently going through OCarina of Time, but I have this nagging urge to play a Pokemon game instead. I just don't know whether to go with X/Y or Ruby/Sapphire, seeing as how I missed out or those back on the GBA.

I'm not really in any rush to go through Smash Bros or Mario Kart at the moment.

I was just at Target in the gaming section and I saw the 3DS XL and quickly realized how big it is now that I've had an original 3DS for a while.

Is there really any difference between the 3DS and 3DS XL, other than bigger screen and the Start and select buttons being on the side?

3DS XL, as in original and not the New 3DS XL? If you are considering one, get the New model. Its slightly more powerful and comes with a host of improvements, including a 2nd nub on the right, 2 additional trigger buttons, built in NFC and amiibo support among other things.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the 3DS I have is the first model that came out, which is pretty much the same size as the DS Lite i got from my nephew about 5 years ago.

The one I saw in the store seemed to be the new one with the Start and Select buttons on the right side, instead of underneath the touch screen.

How exactly does the "C" stick and new trigger buttons work?

Last edited:
Damn, you got some good games there. I would also look into Mario 3D Land and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

And am I the only one who thought A Link Between Worlds is one of the best Zeldas ever made? I loved it so much.

Let me tell you...ALbW saved my marriage. To TLoZ. Before ALbW, the last original Zelda title I enjoyed was Twilight Princess. I bought that months after it was released. You know how long ago that game came out new. I hated Phantom Hourglass, I assumed I would hate Spirit Tracks. Crossbow Training is not true Zelder (yes, I said Zelder). Wind Waker was not new. I didn't bother with Majora's Mask as I'm not that excited to go back to that Zelda (I honestly have the least patience with the N64 Zelders). It all made started to make my enthusiasm in TLoZ fade. Then ALbW came.

I love the immediate open-world ness to it. Go anywhere as soon as after Dungeon 2. No more linear exploration. All your tools are available in the 1st hour. This is how I want the next Zelder to play.

I'm currently going through OCarina of Time, but I have this nagging urge to play a Pokemon game instead. I just don't know whether to go with X/Y or Ruby/Sapphire, seeing as how I missed out or those back on the GBA.

I'm not really in any rush to go through Smash Bros or Mario Kart at the moment.

I'd eventually play both but if you can only go with one I'd go with one of the remakes then wait next year for Z to come out.

I'd go with the remakes of Ruby/Sapphire, then grab Z when (if) it comes out next year.

I'd eventually play both but if you can only go with one I'd go with one of the remakes then wait next year for Z to come out.

I'd go with the remakes of Ruby/Sapphire, then grab Z when (if) it comes out next year.
I'm assuming Z is like the Yellow/Crystal of the X/Y games?

Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl are the only older games I haven't played even though my girlfriend also gave me Pearl and Platinum from her DS collection. I'm just a little worried and off put by all of the new Pokemon to keep track of, even though the games should all essentially be the same outline. But that's my biggest hesitance in terms of playing a Pokemon game past the remakes of Generation II.

And all I keep hearing about is A Link Between Worlds so I'm definitely going to check that out.

I'm assuming Z is like the Yellow/Crystal of the X/Y games?

Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl are the only older games I haven't played even though my girlfriend also gave me Pearl and Platinum from her DS collection. I'm just a little worried and off put by all of the new Pokemon to keep track of, even though the games should all essentially be the same outline. But that's my biggest hesitance in terms of playing a Pokemon game past the remakes of Generation II.

And all I keep hearing about is A Link Between Worlds so I'm definitely going to check that out.

Yeah from the rumors and info slipping out Z will be like yellow/crystal, or maybe even an actual sequel along the lines of Black/White 2. If you get one of the remakes you'll have more to play as they are packed with content but with X/Y post-gameplay is pretty dull.

Yeah from the rumors and info slipping out Z will be like yellow/crystal, or maybe even an actual sequel along the lines of Black/White 2. If you get one of the remakes you'll have more to play as they are packed with content but with X/Y post-gameplay is pretty dull.
I see, so I may be better off waiting then.

I just got a PS4 today and I've been keeping an eye out on gaming deals to buy games for that, but now I'm also looking into deals for my 3DS and I'm considering getting Pokemon Ruby, ALBW, and a third game so that I can take advantage of their B2G1 free sale. Since I'm better of waiting for Z, I can't think of another game to get other than Fire Emblem, even though I'm not sure if that's a game I'd like, e ven though it seems like a Advance Wars type game.

Speaking of which, I really want to go back and play the two Advance Ward games for DS, but I can't seem to find anyone who is selling them for less than an arm and a leg.

I love the immediate open-world ness to it. Go anywhere as soon as after Dungeon 2. No more linear exploration. All your tools are available in the 1st hour. This is how I want the next Zelder to play.
Same here, I love how it just gives you everything off the bat. I'm hoping the Wii U version is like this.

If the next Zelda doesn't take from ALBW's open world ideas it'll be a huge step back for the franchise.

no date onwhenit'll be out in the west but there's a Zelda collaboration

3DS
Monster Hunter X third trailer, opening movie; Zelda and Macross collaborations announced
Published 3 hours ago. 15 comments
3DS hunting game due out later this month in Japan.

MHX-PV3-Init.jpg

Capcom has released the third official trailer, opening movie, and a new set of TV spots for Monster Hunter X.
First, the 3D hunting game’s new trailer:

[YT]8ZABhVmzhX0[/YT]
Here’s the opening movie:

[YT]qmVDd6JmlUM[/YT]

And all the TV spots:

Collaborations with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Macross Delta were also announced in the form of Felyne costumes:

[YT]wGZ7kcpcRLY[/YT]
[YT]BLo1Stshxp4[/YT]
Monster Hunter X is due out for 3DS in Japan on November 28.

View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.
visit gallery »

Read More

3DS, Capcom, Clips, Japan, Monster Hunter X, RPG, Screenshots, Trailers, TV Spots
source: Gematsu

Capcom would be nuts to not release the next MH in the West. MH4 sold like crazy.

It sold like a million copies, right? I'm sure it'll probably come over.

Hopefully we see this series as well .

Medabots 9 Gets Its first New Main Medabots For The First Time In Four Titles. November 9, 2015 . 6:45am

Rocket Company shared a look at Medabots 9′s main Medabots, the first new main ones in four titles, and they look pretty badass.

Robot collecting, battling, and customizing series Medabots is getting their latest title with Medabots 9: Kabuto and Kuwagata version by Rocket Company, and they’ve revealed the main Medabots for the games. Inside Games shares a closer look.

The above is a look at the “newer” versions of Metabee and Rokusho, with “Zipper” and “Souen,” two new main Medabots that will be used by the protagonist.

Zipper is a shooter-type Medabot that fights using a pair of Gatling guns attached to its arms, and Souen is a melee-type that uses a katana in combat. It was also revealed that the recent teaser trailer for Medabots 9 was actually shown in Zipper’s perspective. Meaning it’ll go up against Metabee and Rokusho in some way or another.

Medabots 9 will release in Japan on December 24, 2015 for Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Medabots 9 & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer’s Monster Hunter Felyne Is A Punny Pal. November 10, 2015 . 8:00am

Felyne wants to be a hunter like his buddies in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

On November 9, the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer and Monster Hunter had their first crossover. People could connect to the internet to invite a special client to Nook’s Homes, Felyne. Felyne is a male, cat villager based on the cat creatures found in the Monster Hunter series and, given this one’s obsession with hunting, is likely a Palico.

To invite Felyne over, a player’s Nintendo 3DS must be connected to the internet. Once Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer has been launched, go to the second floor of Nook’s Homes and approach the Nintendo 3DS on the desk. The Felyne will stop by and ask for a home. Naturally, he uses as many cat puns as pawsible.

After the initial discussion, Felyne says he wants a Monster Hunter-inspired home. This adds the wyvern nest, hornet nest, storage box, meat on a spit, a cart, armor suit, sword, quest board, Felyne statue, Felyne outfit, Felyne portrait, and Poogie. These are permanently part of the catalog after the request is completed.

The Felyne is also permanently added to an Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer’s client list after the request is completed. This means you can go back and expand his home, remodel it, or submit your design for his house to the Happy Home Network.

Nintendo has not stated how long the Felyne will be distributed to Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer players. It’s recommended you help this client as soon as possible. Also, don’t forget to participate in the November Happy Home Network design challenge, as it adds a giant robot and inflatable Resetti to your catalog.

Read more stories about Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

A game series I've been fallowing on and off on my own it's coming to the west and North America

3DS
Langrisser Re:Incarnation Tensei coming to North America in spring 2016
Published 8 hours ago. 52 comments.

Strategy RPG series returns after 15 year absence.

Langrisser-Re-Incarnation-Tensei-Localize-Ann.jpg

Aksys Games is bringing Langrisser Re:Incarnation Tensei, Masaya Games’ strategy RPG launched on July 23 in Japan, to 3DS in North America in spring 2016, the company announced.
Get the full rundown below, via Aksys Games:
About
After a 15 year absence, the legendary RPG series makes its triumphant return to the gaming fold! Wield the mighty sword Langrisser as you journey through a massive world at war. Define the path before you by lending your talents to one of three factions and secure your place as your faction’s greatest hero by executing strategic supremacy over your enemies.
Key Features

• The Hero’s Path – Branching story paths will present themselves during battle based on the choices you make. Will your heroic deeds blaze a righteous path to glory or will your villainous treachery lead you down the road to ruin? The balance of the fates hangs heavy as your choices define the course of battle!
  • Who Will You Fight For? – 3 unique factions desperately need your command skills! Will you lead the armies of light to victory in the name of your Goddess? Will you side with the enigmatic forces of darkness and embrace chaos or will you take the reins of an ancient imperial juggernaut? Forge your legendary command skills in the fires of war!
  • Your Cunning Will Be Tested – 100+ hours of gameplay ensure your war chest will never run low! Choose mercenaries from the guild, shop for stronger gear and gather tide turning items in your unending quest for tactical supremacy! An epic campaign, divergent battle routes and bonus secrets will push your strategic skills to the limit!
View the first set of English screenshots at the gallery. visit gallery »

Read More

3DS, Aksys Games, Langrisser Re:Incarnation Tensei, Localization, Masaya Games, RPG, Screenshots

source: Gematsu

So with Target's B2G1 free sale, I was thinking of getting Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, A Link Between Worlds, and Fire Emblem: Awakening.

After taking advantage of their wishlist discount and a registry discount, the total would be $65, so just a little under $22 per game. How does that sound?

I know Nintendo games rarely go this low, even a couple of the best 3DS games based on what I've heard people say about Zelda and Fire Emblem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"