Official PlayStation Vita Thread

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Thread Manager, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Smegger56

Smegger56 The Smegginator

Ok, im pissed. Why isn't resident evil 2 able to be copied to a vita? Or even download straight to vita? Anyone know why? Can't find an actual reason for it so far.

2. Nathan

Nathan ...

Order MK for the Vita like a month ago, and it still hasn't shipped yet, because they didn't get any new copies. :argh: And I don't want to cancel it because it was really cheap.

3. Superhero 101

Here is some new footage of Black Ops Declassified

[YT]XSLofcFcwYk[/YT]

[YT]c0ld2ExYBy0[/YT]

4. EML420

EML420 It's only part time.

I know its early but any one got any reviews or there thoughts about Black Ops Declassified¿¿
    Im really on the fence with this since the people who did Resistance for the Vita did this one.

5. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

Oh sh-t some great news if you are a PS+ subscriber and own a Vita

[​IMG]

6. Superhero 101

I wouldn't expect any good reviews

7. TX85

TX85 Well-Known Member

Will Vita have games on special sale on Black Friday?,Ads I've seen only show PC/Consoles&DS

8. Superhero 101

So My cousin picked up Declassified and I got a chance to play with it and my first impression is that it's okay definitely waiting for a price drop I played Hostiles and the first mission in story mode graphics look good and controls feel okay I didn't like the automatic running though grenade throwing is pretty good as well you tap to throw the grenade instead of dragging it. What I didn't like is that when i was playing the mission there is no background music you just hear empty shells hit the ground which is a nice touch but it would be really nice if there would have been some background music. I didn't get to play multiplayer because we were at a restaurant but my cousin said it's okay once you get used to it. I will most likely get it around Black Friday if there is a good deal.

Besides that here are a few reviews

Pocket Gamer UK 4/10
    Game Informer 3/10
    Giant Bomb 2/10
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified

9. Superhero 101

10. SpideyVille

SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

It's hardly a surprise. Once people heard that the makers of this were the same makers as Resistance, which wasn't considered to be great either, I think that lowered the expectations for most people following the Vita. I think its going to sell regardless because its CoD, but at the same time, the fact that people are still hesitant to get a Vita is definitely going to hurt it, especially since this is the version they most people were hoping for.

11. Havok83

It stinks that the CoD Vita is the model thats being advertised for this Black Friday and the holiday season. Sony should have had one of their own first party titles like Uncharted or LBP instead to help push it this holiday season

12. Soapy

Soapy Well-Known Member

I think Call of Duty probably has more pull than those other two franchises combined.

13. SpideyVille

SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

Yeah, not to mention Golden Abyss is one of the free games you can get with PS+ on the Vita, so there's no point in trying to get that when you're also trying to sell PS+ to Vita owners.

14. Havok83

CoD on consoles/PC does. I dont think Declassified is gonna have much of any pull. Why is someone going to spend $200+ for a crappier version that barely anyone will have to even play with when they can stick with their $60 superior experience with the strong multiplayer? As mentioned in that article, Declassified is an embarassment to the Vita and not something Sony should want to push with the system. Having an actual better game like LBP probably would have been better to highlight what the Vita can offer.

Well thats bc they arent putting it in a bundle. If that werent the case, then it could have made for a strong candidate

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  15. TX85

TX85 Well-Known Member

So is Unit 13 still the best handheld shooter?,I'm interested in getting that game soon and I've found some overall positive and especially one in particular reviews on youtube and videos for it seems good,also has nearly 5 full stars on PS Store in the game info

16. Soapy

Soapy Well-Known Member

Isn't that true for Uncharted and Little Big Planet as well?

When talking about sales numbers, the quality of the game is mostly irrelevant. The name on the box is what matters most, and when it comes to sales Call of Duty matters way more than Uncharted or LBP.

17. Electro UK

Electro UK Can't all be for nothing

I dunno. Don't forget that CoD came to DS two or three times last handheld generation and never really caused much fuss. Sony might be billing this as a real CoD game on handheld, but it's disastrous critical failure is going to keep it from surpassing those earlier DS games I'd bet.

I don't really think you can apply the same logic to Uncharted/LBP either. Sure they're 'crappier' versions of their console counterparts, but by no means 'crap' at all. Plus those are franchises that bring in a more dedicated fanbase.

18. Havok83

No bc unlike Declassified, Uncharted and LBP arent crap games

19. TX85

TX85 Well-Known Member

Has Sony confirmed when or IF there'll be actual major games coming to the Vita?,The system is awesome and my personal favorite hand held system ever But it's severely lacking big games compared to the PSP!

Where's the Ape Escape/ATV:Offroad/The Bigs/Bleach:Heat the Soul/Bomberman/Burnout/Buzz!/Castlevania/Corpse Party/DJ Max/Dragon Ball Z/Final Fantasy/God of War/GTA/Marvel/Monster Hunter/MX vs ATV/Prince of Persia/The Sims/Star Wars/Tom Clancy/WWE games?

Plus ports of big new games such as Batman Arkham/Hitman and Mass Effect

20. Electro UK

Well Need for Speed is on it... and... uh...

Well that's pretty much it.

21. TX85

TX85 Well-Known Member

Well Need for Speed/Mortal Kombat/Marvel vs Capcom/Uncharted/Assassins Creed/Little Big Planet and I think soon Kill Zone ain't a bad star But I just feel there should be much more by now or at least announced

22. Electro UK

I have high hopes for Soul Sacrifice and Tearaway. Hopefully Killzone Vita is a winner too.

23. TX85

TX85 Well-Known Member

When does Killzone Vita comes out?

24. Electro UK

No info yet but I'd imagine Sony will start pushing it pretty early in the new year.

25. TX85

TX85 Well-Known Member

I'm in the PSN store right now on the Vita and browing through the"PSPVita/PSP games"section,Does ALL of the PSP games on there actually work on the Vita?