The Amazing Spider-Man OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
raimi's spidey SM1 origin may have been loyal to comics but it was a really cheesy and flawed film

so im glad we got this new origin story

I'm not picking on what you posted, because I've seen other people say it too... but "loyal"??? Define "loyal". Raimi remained faithful to certain story elements... but he changed just as many others... Webb's version deviated from elements people are more familiar with so somehow Raimi is considered "loyal"... I don't agree.

I'm not picking on what you posted, because I've seen other people say it too... but "loyal"??? Define "loyal". Raimi remained faithful to certain story elements... but he changed just as many others... Webb's version deviated from elements people are more familiar with so somehow Raimi is considered "loyal"... I don't agree.

i assumed thats what all the arguement was about, TASM is apparently to similar to raimi version, and everyone wanted TASM to have the wresling scene and many feel cheated
that he didnt find bens killer
, because thats what happens in the comics, but had the film had those elements it would have been to much like raimi's and so to be different webb had to take the film abit away from the comics just not to much

I think that was the problem with this movie in my mind...they tried to hard to not be the Raimi Spider-man that they forgot to just be Spider-man

I'm really ok with most of the changes. Especially because they weren't all too radical. Batman Begins changed a lot from the comics, but everyone loves that Movie. And that movie had Bruce with a gun, who planned to kill his parent's killer.

I think that was the problem with this movie in my mind...they tried to hard to not be the Raimi Spider-man that they forgot to just be Spider-man

And yet, with changes made for the sake of being different, I enjoyed Peter and Spider-Man a lot more than in the Raimi Movies.

I'm really ok with most of the changes. Especially because they weren't all too radical. Batman Begins changed a lot from the comics, but everyone loves that Movie. And that movie had Bruce with a gun, who planned to kill his parent's killer.

And yet, with changes made for the sake of being different, I enjoyed Peter and Spider-Man a lot more than in the Raimi Movies.

I don't mind changes. But why convolute a simple story?

I don't mind changes. But why convolute a simple story?

I didn't feel convoluted to me. And I actually liked that there was a lot more to his origin. That was one of my complaints about the very first Movie. How, after Uncle Ben died, he has his suit ready and is an established superhero in the city.

The Movie to me, just feels a lot more fleshed out, even if it deliberately tries to change things, to distance itself from Raimi's first Movie.

I didn't feel convoluted to me. And I actually liked that there was a lot more to his origin. That was one of my complaints about the very first Movie. How, after Uncle Ben died, he has his suit ready and is an established superhero in the city.

The Movie to me, just feels a lot more fleshed out, even if it deliberately tries to change things, to distance itself from Raimi's first Movie.

Its convoluted because Ben dies and Peter doesn't learn from it. He goes out as a vigilante looking for the guy. It takes Capt Stacy to talk to him at dinner for it to sink in. Did he even feel guilty about what happened to Ben?? Did he feel responsible???

In the Raimi film we see the look of shock in his eyes as he knows the man who killed is Uncle was the thief. Its his fault and he feels responsible. He goes out and uses his powers to fight crime. Not look for revenge...but to use his powers for the greater good.
He isn't an established hero...we get a montage of him fighting crime and New Yorkers being interviewed about him.

The movie was really great. I was very suprised to like it even more than the first spiderman movie. 9/10

and I feel that betrayed the Batman character along with the Al Ghul origin more than anything in ASM betrayed Peter Parker/Spider-man.

Its convoluted because Ben dies and Peter doesn't learn from it. He goes out as a vigilante looking for the guy. It takes Capt Stacy to talk to him at dinner for it to sink in. Did he even feel guilty about what happened to Ben?? Did he feel responsible???

In the Raimi film we see the look of shock in his eyes as he knows the man who killed is Uncle was the thief. Its his fault and he feels responsible. He goes out and uses his powers to fight crime. Not look for revenge...but to use his powers for the greater good.
He isn't an established hero...we get a montage of him fighting crime and New Yorkers being interviewed about him.

If you thought the slow evolution of Peter Parker becoming Spider-man was somehow convoluted then your head must of exploded during Inception.

If you thought the slow evolution of Peter Parker becoming Spider-man was somehow convoluted then your head must of exploded during Inception.

wow we went very quickly to the insults...im impressed

Aw the poll closed,8.5/10 for me though!!

Guys, guys, come on, let's keep all insults to ourselves.

I loved TASM, I think it's the best Spidey movie, but I still enjoy the Raimi trilogy. Don't insult someone just because they prefer the Raimi movies.

Its convoluted because Ben dies and Peter doesn't learn from it. He goes out as a vigilante looking for the guy. It takes Capt Stacy to talk to him at dinner for it to sink in.
Sometimes lessons like that take longer to fully sink in. I'd say Uncle Ben's death triggered his understanding, but he didn't fully learn the lesson until Capt Stacy laid it all out, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Did he even feel guilty about what happened to Ben?? Did he feel responsible???
It was all over his face in the following montage. Of course he did.
Bull, in the Raimi movies, it totally started out as looking for revenge, just like ASM, just like the comics, and then when he finally had the killer in his grasp, is when it hits him, he shouldn't be out for vengeance, but to use his powers more responsibly.
And it was done really ****ily.:down

I'm pretty sure Spider-Man, after listening to Uncle Ben's voicemail at the very end, finally realized what he has to do from then on. I believe it's called telling a story. I thought ASM did it very well, actually.

I'm pretty sure Spider-Man, after listening to Uncle Ben's voicemail at the very end, finally realized what he has to do from then on. I believe it's called telling a story. I thought ASM did it very well, actually.
:up::funny::applaud

Its convoluted because Ben dies and Peter doesn't learn from it. He goes out as a vigilante looking for the guy. It takes Capt Stacy to talk to him at dinner for it to sink in.

Same happened to Bruce Wayne. He first thought of revenge until he learnt it was not the answer.

Didn't feel convulted then, doesn't feel convulted now.

Did he even feel guilty about what happened to Ben?? Did he feel responsible???

Apparently, since he started a career as a crime fighter.

Erm... what kind of revenge could Peter have possibly thought of... since Uncle Ben's murderer was... you know, dead?

Oh, those interviews, those interviews...

Erm... what kind of revenge could Peter have possibly thought of... since Uncle Ben's murderer was... you know, dead?
yeah that plot was ended fairly early in the movie. When he learns that Sandman killed Ben in SM3, his first thought was to go for revenge and he proceeded to kill him, at least thats what he thought. Granted, he did receive influence from the black suit, but had he known the true killer was out there when he first got his powers, I dont think one can say he wouldnt have tried to avenge him

Thumbs all the way up for this!!!:woot:

I went into this movie expecting to hate it immensely. After seeing it today, I can safely say that I was wrong. While I didn't hate it like I thought I was going to, I didn't love it. There were some problems throughout the movie I took issue with that have already been addressed here, so I'm not going to get into that. I did love the actors in here, especially Andrew Garfield. I just didn't find it as fun as the Raimi trilogy. I give it a 7/10.

Sometimes lessons like that take longer to fully sink in. I'd say Uncle Ben's death triggered his understanding, but he didn't fully learn the lesson until Capt Stacy laid it all out, and there's nothing wrong with that.

so the death of Uncle Ben was weakened???

It was all over his face in the following montage. Of course he did.

Bull, in the Raimi movies, it totally started out as looking for revenge, just like ASM, just like the comics, and then when he finally had the killer in his grasp, is when it hits him, he shouldn't be out for vengeance, but to use his powers more responsibly.

go back and read what I typed. Yes he goes and looks for revenge but when he sees who the killer is he uses his powers for the greater good

And it was done really ****ily.:down

***ily to you but not to everyone

i think everyone needs to not focus in on spider-man simply learning the lesson of bens death after he found out he let the killer go when he could of. In the comics it is a strong message that hits him but Peter did not become a perfect hero after learning it. It took him time in the comics to learn what it means to be a hero and the lesson of Uncle Ben still must be reinforced from time to time. Thats why I and many others like Spider-Man, he is probebly the most human of all the superheroes so I thought it was very true to the comics.

Same happened to Bruce Wayne. He first thought of revenge until he learnt it was not the answer.

Didn't feel convulted then, doesn't feel convulted now.

You know what El Payaso, for years I've tried to figure out your logic on how you react to these films. I guess it's, every film must be like Batman.

Call me silly, but I think Stan Lee and Steve Ditko hit it pretty close to the mark. Peter is a reject. Peter gets a gift. Peter uses that gift to gain fame and popularity which he never had. Peter's vanity causes him to let a theif go that he easily could have stopped. Peter goes home and finds his Uncle has been killed. Peter uses his power to track down the killer. Peter discovers the killer he is tracking is the same one he could have stopped earlier and if he had, his uncle would still be alive. Peter uses his powers for good after this.

Doesn't feel convoluted when Lee and Ditko did it, didn't feel convoluted Raimi did it exactly as Lee and Ditko described.

But apparently because ***** Bruce Wayne did it in a Christopher Nolan film, well that's just better than what all these other guys who actually created Spider-man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"