The Force Awakens *OFFICIAL* Star Wars: The Force Awakens merchandise thread - Part 1

My Rey/BB-8 Sideshow Collectible has been delayed until July, oh well.

Eh, they made plenty of Rey toys and action figures. I wouldn't say there was a lack of them.

Now look, I'm not going to say there are not antiquated views in the toy industry. There are probably are. But it is based off of years of data and research and sales.

The general perception is that female characters in boy action figure lines don't sell as well. Hence those characters tend to always get either short-packed or made in short supply.

I'm not saying views and perceptions for these toys haven't changed. But look for years boys liked boy action figure lines and girls liked girl toys like Barbie et al. Now it's cooler for girls to like action figures and want to be into superheroes comics and action shows. Probably because their dads who were into it are raising them on it now.

Sometimes it's takes time for these ideas and things to change. I'm not saying Hasbro and other Star Wars toy makers were in the right. I'm saying, they do what the market tells them to do. Now the market is telling them people want more Rey merchandise, so there you go.

Just saying, when I was a kid it wasn't cool to talk to girls about GI Joe or Spider-Man or superheroes. The girls I knew at school weren't interested in that stuff at all. I'm not saying that's right, that's just how things were.

Last edited:
Nice!

Speaking of which they delayed the Rey/BB-8 Sideshow another few months...again. So I guess maybe August/September.

Chewie looks horrible again. It's like they keep forgetting he has a top lip.

Axpb5Wx.jpg

9Xgld0L.jpg

Vrcb8Ds.jpg

1kopWYg.jpg

Finally got my hands on a brand new Original Theatrical Double-Sided Poster for Star Wars The Force Awakens. Now the even more expensive part is getting it professional framed.

Got my Sideshow Collectible Rey/BB-8 and Finn today. Will take some pictures tomorrow.

My collection of Sideshow for TFA so far. I will unbox them when I get an appropriate enclosed case for them. I plan to get old Luke/Poe (if they announce him) next. And Han and Chewie later:

PvF96Eq.jpg

w1lP2wF.jpg

H4T8sl2.jpg

Rea3X4r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"