**OFFICIAL** TDK Rises merchandise thread V

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Thread Manager, Jul 12, 2012.

1. The Shape

The Shape In the shadows

That is the Man of Steel suit, for the most part. And it looks BADASS. Also digging Batman's look, with an alteration to the cowl mouth-line.

Imagine if that was Justice League concept art.

2. Tatsumarushinob

Tatsumarushinob Well-Known Member

Indeed. Apparently the dude who makes these is a concept artist or something of the like. Imagine the balls on WB if they actually reboot Batman at the end of Man of Steel or something. What a trip!

3. BatmanFanboy

BatmanFanboy Well-Known Member

The designs are nice but the models themselves are horribly over exaggerated. Superman could have an impossibly big frame but that is way over the top, and it seems as though Batman has the exact same body. Would be great if toned down a bit, that looks like Rob Liefeld's work. Also this guy is posting these in every thread regarding either character and it's getting a bit awkward and sad.

4. Tatsumarushinob

I agree with you. Batman's should be a bit leaner, like within the confines of human possibility. Most comic book characters are way out of proportion. Which is why I always preferred Mazzuchelli and Adams' Batman.

5. Mace Dolex

Mace Dolex Powerful User

Superman's face looks like Schwarzenegger.

6. Aron9692003

Aron9692003 Well-Known Member

If you look at more alternate superman costumes for injustice, the face and chin are like one of them. They look cool but batmans too big and holy huge thighs! Haha

I heard the rumor of batman at the end of man of steel, possibly Joseph Gordon levvit but other than justice league, WB supposedly won't reboot batman until 2017 at the earliest which is good. I haven't seen the new Spider-Man, and it may be great but why reboot it soo soon? To sell merch?

7. Team Andino

Team Andino The Paragon of Virtue

I bet at one point in the 80's someone in Hollywood had this idea in the back of their mind.

8. Tatsumarushinob

Guys isn't it obvious? This Batman design is on a few cycles of steroids. While Superman is obviously a Growth Hormone addict, witch would explain his huge huge jaw.

9. Mace Dolex

Mace Dolex Powerful User

I remember reading that Arnie was even thrown about for Dr. Manhattan back when Watchmen was being considered in the 90's even.

10. dru-zod2501

dru-zod2501 Well-Known Member

:doh: Chun-Li birthing hips and Liefield manboobs... I'm sorry but:barf:this makes Ed McGuiness look downright attractive by comparison

11. Brother Jack

Brother Jack Believer

That musculature is pretty absurd.

12. Tequilla

Tequilla Well-Known Member

Yeah , i also dont like these steroids freaks.

In the 2nd pic , something went wrong shaping Batman's head. His forehead is about to burst from the cowl . Reminded me of this :woot:

[​IMG]

13. BatsnCats

BatsnCats Well-Known Member

If anyone needs movie masters ive got a complete set of 6 MOC for salt. Ill sell as a set Kr split them. Pm me who you need and il give you a nice price.

14. Aron9692003

I know this is dark knight rises but can we discuss a few of these things

-Three vehicles will be released as part of the Movie Masters line and will be exclusive to Toys 'R Us. (DID THESE COME OUT?)
    -There will be a Dark Knight trilogy 3-pack released at Toys 'R Us featuring a Batman from each film. (HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK IT WILL RETAIL FOR?)
    -The final mix of DC Universe Classsics will feature Batman in the New 52 costume and Red Robin.
    -Batman Legacy will become Batman Unlimited. DC Universe Classics will become DC Comics Unlimited.
    -Batman Unlimited wave one will feature New 52 Batgirl, Super Powers Penguin and Batman.
    (I BOUGHT A GOOD BIT OF THE LEGACY FIGURES AT TARGET BUT AFTER CATOWOMAN NEVER SEEN ANYMORE, WHEN WILL THE NEW UNLIMITED FIGURES BE OUT AND WHERE?)
    -Figures based off Injustice: Gods Among Us will hit in 2013. (TRU, LOCAL COMIC SHOPS, WHERE WILL THESE BE?)
    -Lots of info about the recently released Batman evergreen line was shown including the concepts for the new Batmobile. (NEVER HEARD OF IT HAHA)
    -Power Action Batman line will release Joker and Bane in 2013. (WHAT DO THESE LOOK LIKE, THERE A FORUM FOR THEM?)
    -Fall 2013 will debut the first 1960's Batman action figures in retail and will be 6".
    -Adam West Batman will be among the first released.
    (I THINK THESE FIGURES WILL BE COOL, I WATCHED THE SHOW BUT WHEN MY DAD SEES THEM I KNOW THEY'LL TAKE HIM BACK HAHA)

Okay so any replies are greatly appreciated, sorry some of those are off topic, just wanted to see if there's a forum for them and where can find pics, info on the products. Thanks

15. Angelus_Darko

Angelus_Darko Derriere extraordinaire

Hey, remembering what I saw before in these forums about the Movie Masters and that strange thing that happens to them, I must ask the following question: I just got the Proto-Suit Batman with Gordon and Police Joker with Batman, now, should I keep them in their package for a little while or should I take them out ASAP?

16. Aron9692003

Alright guys, sorry for bad quality but please enjoy, can't wait to see the collections the rest of you have. Keep in mind this collection is from October 2011 until now. Questions comments, feel free.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. litobirdy

litobirdy Well-Known Member

ok i think its official, u are the biggest batman collector there is. also, please Spread the wealth :)

18. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

A cat will get your tongue in May/June. The wait is getting shorter with every day.
    [​IMG]
    Anyone else getting it? It's going to be a centrepiece of my collection for sure.

19. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

Sounds like you're looking forward to it.

20. Snow Queen

I wonder if their Catwoman figure has the same....ahem...features as the Black Widow figure. :oldrazz:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  21. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

Nice quote usage. :woot: And yep.

22. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

I have mine pre-ordered. Should look nice next to my Hot Toys DX Batman.

23. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

:up:

I may grab this one. I also need the Bats and Bane, however. :o

24. geetard

geetard Rebirth

25. OctaviusINC

OctaviusINC Trust Me.

Could it be what? It's 3D rendering from a talented fan. It's fanart.