Official 'The Batman' Thread

Wildcard

Cataclysmic Titan
Reaction score
The_Batman.PNG

What are everyone's thoughts on this series?

I've recently begun (re)collecting this one, and I still enjoy it a great deal. It provides a completely different aesthetic to TAS but imo, it works really well.

I liked it.

Only issue I really had was Joker didn't wear shoes.

Haha yeah, that is still quite a bit distracting. I like the redesign but I've always thought "was it really too much to give the guy shoes?"

Also really liked their take on Penguin. Perfect blend of being funny and being a serious threat to Batman. Giving him actual fighting prowess was a huge plus, imo.

You know... I have a love hate relationship with this show. I hated it when it premiered, but as time went on, I realized it wasn't all that bad. Some episodes were indeed bad, but I guess nothing was "I've got Batman in my Basement" bad...

Also, while I prefer the "Gentlman of Crime" Penguin, I will say that linking his family to Alfred's was a grade A move.

I enjoyed it - although nowhere near as much as BTAS and other DCAU shows. I didn't like the Joker design though.

I hated the Joker design starting off but as time went on, it grew on me. It's not my all-time favorite look, but I think it fits well within the atmosphere of the show. Bane initially had one of my favorite re-designs but over time I've come to like it less. He's way too big.

latest

It was a pretty okay show. It wasn't that great, but it wasn't that bad either, and had some good ideas and episodes. I grew up with TAS and this, so I do have some fondness for it. A lot of the changes were done mostly just to be different from TASand other Batman stuff, and most of them were pretty shallow. If anything, it felt kind of safe and was pretty traditional despite not trying to be. Also, Joker and Penguin were pretty poor villains, yet

It does have some good aspects, though. The whole arc with Clayface is great, and some of the villains like him, Hugo Strange, Killer Croc, and Black Mask were well-done. Season four was very consistent and is probably the peak of the series. Despite having a very poor Joker, he did have some neat moments and the episode where he dresses up as Batman is a classic.

I really like the show, but I'm not fond of the use of bass (I think?) for the show's music.

Yeah, the guitar riffs got pretty annoying and didn't match the show at all.

I have quite a fondness for this show. It obviously can't compete with B:TAS, but even back in the day it was a nice diversion.

I loved the model for Batman and their Gotham City backgrounds were stunning looking. It seems to have been lost among the fandom, but who knows, maybe it will get a reprisal some day.

I honestly think the Batman vs Dracula is one of the finer and more entertaining DTVs for the caped knight of Gotham.

Pretty good show. Not as good as the animated series, but not bad. It got way too much hate back in the day.

It did somethings better than the animated series. This show's version of Catwoman is way better than the animated series version.

qg3J1Zo.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"