Official 'The Hobbit' Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't want to insult anyone. I implied that you are haters, not that you are stupid.

I just don't understand how can you say this looks fake, when I see it with my own eyes, and it's amazing.

Again, didn't want to insult anyone. Just not agreeing with you!

I think the movie looks artistically stunning, but I didn't like how they showed Smaug in the trailer. Should've saved him for the movie.

Not impressed by this.
Why are they making it seem like Legolas is the main character?

I think the movie looks artistically stunning, but I didn't like how they showed Smaug in the trailer. Should've saved him for the movie.

Yeah, Smaug was the weakest part of the trailer!

What didn't people like about Smaug btw? Just interested.

Well, Pace made Thranduil decidedly ethereal and creepy, like he's not all there. I like that for the most part.

Can't get over how creepy Legolas looks. It's not just make up. Seems there is CGI work done on him too. His entire being almost looks CGI.

Orlando is about 10 or so years older now reprising a character that should have been about 60 or 70 younger than what he was in TLOTR's movies.

I wish Peter Jackson went back to more of the miniatures and 35mm cinematography from the LOTR trilogy, because the all-digital look of the film (including the blue screen shots) just doesn't look quite the same for DoS. Even though it still looks beautiful.

AUJ looked outstanding in its finished form, though.

I wonder what happened in those sixty years to make his eyes dilute in color, or his skin become more human like and less leathery.

Hmmmm

What didn't people like about Smaug btw? Just interested.

It's not the dragon itself, as for the OBVIOUS half-finished CG on it. The CG looked like it's in it's first phase of rendering (first of 10). that bad.

I wish Peter Jackson went back to more of the miniatures and 35mm cinematography from the LOTR trilogy, because the all-digital look of the film (including the blue screen shots) just doesn't look quite the same for DoS. Even though it still looks beautiful.

No HFR without digital, so yeah.

It's not the dragon itself, as for the OBVIOUS half-finished CG on it. The CG looked like it's in it's first phase of rendering (first of 10). that bad.
Oh ok. I think I was just excited to see him so didn't notice too much, maybe need to rewatch. Hopefully it improves then. I liked the way he moved though. Quite eery & like the way I'd imagine he would move.

I think it lends to its own distinguished look of the LOTR trilogy whereas this is lighter and more story book like than the more real, dark and gritty 35mm look of LOTR.

The Art of this one looks absolutely amazing. I read few posts here that the sets looked fake? You are either plane stupid or just a pure hater. This looks fake?

* Right click ''View Image'' for HQ Resolution!

iqnmQElDexJTI.jpg

isfi2m2MQCtO0.jpg

ilaThyWilTqed.jpg

ibguawzssgCW6h.jpg

isaEP4HFs7RBv.jpg

iEbAhkrDYfSIj.jpg

Or they have their own opinion. :huh:

But for me personally, I'm loving the look of these images. Especially that Thranduil one. I don't remember seeing an image with that kind of clarity and color before. The depth really lends to it. It look like he could be right in front of me.

Good. That's how I'd prefer it

I disagree. The Hobbit as a book doesn't quite match the same sensibilities LOTR's look had. 35mm is more of an argument (though aesthetics aside, digital has become more of a preference now for Jackson it seems), but in terms of the look, they've managed to really make these films have their own identity. I was never interested in viewing the Hobbit films with the LOTR film as the same exact visual language. That's wasted in certain areas for this different story.

I understand people don't like some of the choices, but at least they are making an effort for these films to not depend on LOTR.

Orlando is about 10 or so years older now reprising a character that should have been about 60 or 70 younger than what he was in TLOTR's movies.

There's no particular reason for him to be reprising the role anyways.

I disagree. The Hobbit as a book doesn't quite match the same sensibilities LOTR's look had. 35mm is more of an argument (though aesthetics aside, digital has become more of a preference now for Jackson it seems), but in terms of the look, they've managed to really make these films have their own identity. I was never interested in viewing the Hobbit films with the LOTR film as the same exact visual language. That's wasted in certain areas for this different story.

I understand people don't like some of the choices, but at least they are making an effort for these films to not depend on LOTR.

You know, other than cramming in every bit of LotR that they can.

The Art of this one looks absolutely amazing. I read few posts here that the sets looked fake? You are either plane stupid or just a pure hater. This looks fake?

* Right click ''View Image'' for HQ Resolution!

iqnmQElDexJTI.jpg

isfi2m2MQCtO0.jpg

ilaThyWilTqed.jpg

ibguawzssgCW6h.jpg

isaEP4HFs7RBv.jpg

iEbAhkrDYfSIj.jpg

Your confusing beautiful art design with realism. Those shots save for the Legolas and Thranduil shots look animated as hell. Not in a million years would I look at any of those shots and think any of that was done in camera so yeah it looks fake to me. That top shot and the fourth and fifth shots look like they belong in The Legends of Ga'hoole. They are beautiful no doubt but they don't look real at all. The lighting, texture, color, everything about those shots look fake. I prefer the tactile in camera feel of the LOTR. Just look at the set of Edoras when the camera pans around the real set on top of that real hill and compare it to Laketown.

Last edited:
Yeah, was just about to post that. Those kids must be going 200 times as crazy now lol. Would like to see their new reaction!

Your confusing beautiful art design with realism. Those shots save for the Legolas and Thranduil shots look animated as hell. Not in a million years would I look at any of those shots and think any of that was done in camera so yeah it looks fake to me. That top shot and the fourth and fifth shots look like they belong in The Legends of Ga'hoole. They are beautiful no doubt but they don't look real at all. The lighting, texture, color, everything about those shots look fake. I prefer the tactile in camera feel of the LOTR. Just look at the set of Edoras when the camera pans around the real set on top of that real hill and compare it to Laketown.

I looks more real than LOTR to me, but all with their opinion.

Why is Bloom's lipstick almost black? Did he go through a Goth phase prior to the War of the Ring?

I looks more real than LOTR to me, but all with their opinion.

If I didn't know you on these boards I would think that was a troll response. A computer generated image doesn't look more real than an actual set on an actual location surrounded by real mountains with fires burning in the hearths and livestock roaming around captured in camera by a helicopter circling above. Edoras is as real looking as movie locations come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"