Official 'The Hobbit' Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best: Gandalf the Grey
Worst: Mouth of Sauron (they completely ****ed that character)

Best
1. Gandalf
2. Bilbo
3. Boromir
4. Galadriel
5. Aragorn
6. Gollum
7. Eowyn
8. Gimli
9. Theoden
10. Wormtongue
11. Elrond
12. Frodo
13. Denethor
14. Saruman
15. Eomer

Theoden is a great, great character, but I want to punch him in the face too often to put him higher up the list. :funny:

Worst
1. Arwen
2. Azog
3. The Mouth of Sauron
4. Samwise
5. Radagast
6. Faramir

Yeah, I realize the list have got longer, but the topic really has me thinking now. :D

Last edited:
Top/Best: Definitely a toss up between Theoden and Boromir. Might give it to Theoden, rewatched the trilogy recently and he stood out, once again. They got him spot on.

Worst: Yeah, Faramir is a good shout.

Faramir as an adaptation is pretty horrible, but I don't think he is the worst film character divorced from the books.

Looking at the footage released so far and considering the runtime. What the chances that the Lake-town scene actually happens in DoS? It is starting to seem low. I am thinking what I thought last year was correct. That will start the final film.

Best:

1.) Thorin Oakenshield
2.) Balin
3.) Gimli
4.) Gandalf
5.) Theoden
6.) Boromir
7.) Eowyn
8.) The Witch King

Worst:
1.) Faramir
2.) Aragorn
3.) Frodo

If your guess turns out to be right, Skywalker, TABA is gonna have a heckadisjointed beginning. I've been reading The One Ring. Between their laughable support for no Bolg, or a CGI Bolg/CGI orcs in general, they seem to think that
DOS is going to end with Gandalf in peril at Dol Guldur, with the big battle at Dol Guldur happening at the beginning of TABA.

Looking at the footage released so far and considering the runtime. What the chances that the Lake-town scene actually happens in DoS? It is starting to seem low. I am thinking what I thought last year was correct. That will start the final film.

You think the battle of lake town will happen at the beginning of TABA? Surely not! That would be some horse****!

Sam in the worst character category? No way! Your list is wrong ;)
I don't dislike him in the first. But he gets progressively worse as the movies go on. He becomes almost unbearable to me.

You think the battle of lake town will happen at the beginning of TABA? Surely not! That would be some horse****!
Right now, I think so. We will know more as more tv spots hit, but my money right now is on the film ending with the Dwarves fat and happy, as [BLACKOUT]Smaug flies off to do his damage[/BLACKOUT].

Best characters (in no particular order):
- Boromir
- Gandalf
- Saruman
- Thorin
- Théoden
- Bilbo

Worst:
- Denethor
- Faramir
- Eomer
- Radagast

Best Buy America will be doing a Hobbit An Unexpected Journey extended edition steelbook. There will only be a 3D version of the extended cut & the bonus discs, no 2D version of the movie unless you turn off the 3D setting on the movie.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=the+hobbit

Borrowed from http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=230349

image_zps4adcec0e.jpg

image_zps8de4f62e.jpg

I don't dislike him in the first. But he gets progressively worse as the movies go on. He becomes almost unbearable to me.

Right now, I think so. We will know more as more tv spots hit, but my money right now is on the film ending with the Dwarves fat and happy, as [BLACKOUT]Smaug flies off to do his damage[/BLACKOUT].

I'm not so sure about this. I figure Battle of Laketown will act as this films Helm Deep. Plus, we've seen glimpses of Legolas and Tauriel fighting in Lake Town in the trailer so there will be some battle in Lale Town in this film.

That steelbook is nice, but I pre-ordered the 2D version with the figure on Amazon. If Walmart has a Digibook of the second and third films though I will definitely get them to match up with the first one.

As a person who is unbiased when it comes to The Hobbit, is it me or the hype is just meh with these particular series?

Sure the first film made money and was a hit, but I didn't feel the effects of Hobbit fever at all; unlike Lord of the Rings. It could be due to the critics but there's more to it.

The original trilogy are all some of my all time favorite films, and I couldn't stand The Hobbit. I'm definitely pretty meh about the sequel, Peter Jackson's design choices suck now for some reason.

I'm not so sure about this. I figure Battle of Laketown will act as this films Helm Deep. Plus, we've seen glimpses of Legolas and Tauriel fighting in Lake Town in the trailer so there will be some battle in Lale Town in this film.
I hope you are right. But I think those shots of Legolas and Tauriel are of them possibly chasing the orcs to Lake Town as the pursue the company.

As a person who is unbiased when it comes to The Hobbit, is it me or the hype is just meh with these particular series?

Sure the first film made money and was a hit, but I didn't feel the effects of Hobbit fever at all; unlike Lord of the Rings. It could be due to the critics but there's more to it.
If the first was a better film, I think the hype would be there. But even the movie fanbase is divided on the first. The first film had a lot of hype, but it has died down with sequel quite a lot. The first films had their book detractors for sure. Those that would never be pleased. Here, it feels lie a much bigger divide on film making grounds. Even if you like it simply because it is more Middle-Earth, I don't think many value it the same as LotR.

Last edited:
It's so weird that the second Hobbit doesn't feel like a pop culture event.

So you can say this is the sorta Star Wars Prequel effect happening? When I say sorta, these are adaptations of books.

Let me help you. Share the load.

Honestly my only interest is seeing how Smaug is played out. He's always been one of the weirdest aspects of the universe to me, being a giant talking dragon that was pretty much the inspiration for Scrooge McDuck.

Best Buy America will be doing a Hobbit An Unexpected Journey extended edition steelbook. There will only be a 3D version of the extended cut & the bonus discs, no 2D version of the movie unless you turn off the 3D setting on the movie.

So tempted to buy the extended edition of the Hobbit, but I'll be smart this time and wait for the Extended trilogy box set.

Mouth of Sauron was awesome, he was like something from PJ's horror roots crossed with something from Matthew Barney.

that was one of the few extended edition scenes i wish had been in the theatrical cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"