Official 'The Hobbit' Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the film is as good as that trailer is. It might just make up for the first one.

Still keeping Grincheorn under wraps, it seems.

Really irritating if they are opening TABA with the Battle of Lake Town. I don't want that film to suffer from battle fatigue like ROTK did.

That shot of Thorin in his armour with the red cloak has me intrigued. I wonder of that's one of the last shots? Him taking his role as king under the mountain standing proud on the mountain then cutting to a shot of the huge orc army marching in formation heading out to take the mountain *Fade to black...roll credits*.

And does anyone know where that orc army is coming from? I can't remember if the book says.

Oh and that cgi orc that tells Thranduil that Thorin will never be king under the mountain looks great. Cant believe I'm going to say this, but it looks better than any makeup I've seen in these films.
The orc on his knees does look fantastic. Looks like they actually had time to finish the effects this time around.

As to TABA. I am telling you, they will have 2 and half hours of battles, with the Arkenstone plot playing a large part. The last half and hour is going to Bilbo and Gandalf traveling home.

Yep, that is what it looks like to me as well.

The orc on his knees does look fantastic. Looks like they actually had time to finish the effects this time around.

As to TABA. I am telling you, they will have 2 and half hours of battles, with the Arkenstone plot playing a large part. The last half and hour is going to Bilbo and Gandalf traveling home.

Ugh, I was just thinking the other night about the ending of TABA. I'm hoping he avoids a protracted ending or that it flows better than the 8 in ROTK. One thing I do hope we get is
a burial and memorial scene for the characters who fall in the battle.
That could be a very beautiful and emotional scene.

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold my breath on the ending, but I really do think we will get something memorable in regard to the fallen.

*watches extended sneak peek*

Well, I'm officially hyped.

It's a good trailer but the cliche trailer choir music kind of soiled it for me. Why not use a Howard Shore piece?

The credits song "I See Fire" for Desolation of Smaug is available for purchase on iTunes.

It's a bit jarring at first, but I kinda like it.

Last edited:
Bolg 2.0 looks pretty bad. Oh well.

At least that extended look was pretty damn amazing and as long as the whole movie is like that I'll enjoy it. Heck I really enjoyed The Hobbit when I watched it in theaters although I haven't rewatched it since then to see if it holds up.

Excited regardless.

Wow "I See Fire" is absolutely beautiful. :up:

Now that's a credit song worthy of being along the ones we got for the LOTR trilogy.

So first Smaug was six-limbed in AUJ.

Then it looked like they changed him to four-limbed in the AUJ EE.

Now the poster shows him six-limbed again.

I give up.
where?

Wow "I See Fire" is absolutely beautiful. :up:

Now that's a credit song worthy of being along the ones we got for the LOTR trilogy.

Yeah I'm lovin it! Definitely going in my music rotation.

I like the song, and I'm glad it keeps the focus on the dwarves. Judging from the ad campaign so far, you'd think that this movie is all about the elves.

I like the song, and I'm glad it keeps the focus on the dwarves. Judging from the ad campaign so far, you'd think that this movie is all about the elves.

:awesome:

x3EzWaP.jpg

It was pretty interesting hearing Jake Gyllenhaal talking about his failed audition for Frodo in the Lord Of The Rings back in the day on the hollywood reporter roundtable.

There is so much good and bad in this.

It's like a really hot girl asking you to help her babysit really annoying kids.

That's when you slip the kids some sleeping pills in their dinner and just enjoy the hot girl. :o

Sound strategy, but I'm not sure how that approach can be adapted to make this movie experience more pleasurable.

Closing you eyes when Beorn appears, perhaps? Or leaving the building during Orlando Bloom's romantic scenes?

i don't see much bad. everything Bilbo/Gandalf/Thorin/Balin/Bard/Thranduil/spiders/Smaug looks so good i've kind of forgotten that Beorn has spiky hair and, like, i don't really care that much. the Tauriel/Legolas stuff right now is a complete unknown to me but i can't imagine it being much worse that a non-plus. i mean, i like Legolas and Lilly seems fine in her role.

of course, i liked AUJ, too, so sue me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"