Official 'The Hobbit' Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The misty mountains song sung by the dwarves is AMAZING. gives me chills
Still can't wait to hear the full version. (no headphones at the Library) :(
I liked that one vartiation with the gutar in it and slightly diferent lyrics. Almost an Celtic feel to it.

The Hobbit TV Spot with Smaug in HD
[YT]CA8WzZq8_d0[/YT]

Man, wish these were all in 1080

Alright, alright a man too I don't want to be accused of gender bias.

Last edited:
What's with the ROTK hate? What the hell is wrong with you people?

I don't hate it, but it's a heavily flawed film and is the prime example of Peter Jackson becoming a little too self-indulgent with how he creates films.

I think the ROTK is one of the best movies ever made.

Well I may as well be constructive about why it's my least favourite. It's just plain bloated.

The pacing is terrible and it drags along to ridiculous proportions (Extended Edition is worse). Peter Jackson overdoes his slow-motion as an excuse for the viewer to become emotional (and it doesn't work). As fine as it was in the previous films, Frodo and Sam's journey becomes tiring and tedious and I end up waiting for it to end. The battle scenes, though awesome, take up most of the film and it doesn't balance the film very well in comparison to the previous 2.

Fellowship of the Ring is perfect to me.

well...it'll be interesting to see how the hobbit does. i still can't get over how Jackson decided to do 3 movies instead of 2.

All 3 (or one) films are some of the best movies ever made for me. It's my number one film(s).

I think all three LOTR films are pretty darn spectacular. With that said FOTR is easily my favorite. It's pretty close to perfection.

I don't really have a fave....I like the movies. but if I really had to choose one...I think my vote would go with FOTR.

People are assuming because its called the Hobbit after the Book that it just consists of Stuff we have seen and read over and over. My theory is that these are prequels to LOTR and really more had to happen with Gandalf and events after the Five Armies battle. Bilbo had the ring many years and there is much to tell really kinda before Gandalf comes to Bag End because there is the map he recieved from The Dwarv King who was tortured by the Necromonger

For the record FOTR is the best film.

Oh right... I forgot about that little bit with Gandalf getting the map from the dwarf who was imprisonment by the ...Necromancer. *gulps* I think I should re-read the hobbit again

It's the Hobbit and the appendices from the trilogy. There is a lot material in the appendices that can be mined. The question now is how successfully can it be mined and processed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"