OFFICIAL TNA Impact/Wrestling Thread

What was the last TNA PPV to feature a Ultimate X match ?

hunter rider said:
What was the last TNA PPV to feature a Ultimate X match ?
Traditional Ultimate X was at Final Resolution 2005 in January of this year.

If you count Ultimate X challenge, that was in March 2005.

TheVileOne said:
Traditional Ultimate X was at Final Resolution 2005 in January of this year.

If you count Ultimate X challenge, that was in March 2005.

Whats the difference between the two ?

Ultimate X Challenge at Destination X had 3 falls and 4 competitors and elimination rules.

First fall was pin/submission under tag team rules. Second fall is pin/submission under triple threat rules. The last 2 men face each other under Ultimate X rules for the final fall.

Sort of stupid and confusing, but it was a little different than typical Ultimate X.

TheVileOne said:
Ultimate X Challenge at Destination X had 3 falls and 4 competitors and elimination rules.

First fall was pin/submission under tag team rules. Second fall is pin/submission under triple threat rules. The last 2 men face each other under Ultimate X rules for the final fall.

Sort of stupid and confusing, but it was a little different than typical Ultimate X.

Hate to sound a novice at X division but i am:p but what exactly is the ultimate X match ?
It seemed from what i saw that the belt hung from the roof and the guys were diving off structures built onto the ring posts to try and grab the belt

Best way to describe Ultimate X is a ladder match without the ladder.

Four tower structures are on the outside of the ring. From the top, two cables go across each other in an X shape. The X Division belt is from the cables. To win you have to climb the towers and scale across the cables to grab the belt to win the match.

TheVileOne said:
Best way to describe Ultimate X is a ladder match without the ladder.

Four tower structures are on the outside of the ring. From the top, two cables go across each other in an X shape. The X Division belt is from the cables. To win you have to climb the towers and scale across the cables to grab the belt to win the match.

So we now know which PPV im buying first,that is what i want some damn innovation:up:

Ultimate X is the epitome of innovation and in-ring excellence.

:)

TheVileOne said:
X Division is the epitome of innovation and in-ring excellence.

:)

You seem to know all TNA stuff so let me know if they anounce some UK market DVD's please:up:

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Gail Kim finally made her debut in TNA Saturday night on Impact as she low-blowed Brother Devon and aligned with Jeff Jarrett and AMW. TNAWrestling.com has posted a kayfabe article on Gail joining up with Jarrett and Team 3D getting beat down to a bloody pulp.

The reason that Team 3D got beat down in storylines is because Brother Ray and Brother Devon have a prior commitment in Japan in which they must to attend to, hence the injury angle. They won't be available at Tuesday's Impact tapings, however, they'll be taking on America's Most Wanted at Bound For Glory in two weeks.

Jushin Liger is booked to wrestle at Bound For Glory not to mention at the Impact tapings the following Tuesday. He'll be working with the younger X-Division wrestlers. He may be used again in the future, but it's not certain.

Kenzo Suzuki and Hiroko inquired for work in TNA last month, but TNA is not interested in using them. Test also inquired for work, but they said they have nothing for him now. A.J. Styles was said to have lost his cool and expressed his displeasure to management when he saw a bunch of former WWE stars backstage at the TNA Unbreakable pay-per-view last month.

The WWE 90-day, no-compete clauses of Shannon Moore, Jackie Gayda, Charlie Haas, Matt Morgan, Billy Kidman, Mark Jindrak and Dawn Marie all expired on Wednesday. Shannon Moore is pretty much a sure thing to join TNA. Jackie Gayda seems to be a lock as well as TNA wants more women. Charlie Haas and Matt Morgan are possible. Billy Kidman is possible, but less likely. TNA seems to have no interest whatsoever in Mark Jindrak though.

And last, but not least, Dixie Carter would welcome Dawn Marie with open arms if she so chooses to join TNA in the future. Dixie Carter was pregnant earlier this year and feels for her considering that she was fired while pregnant. Dawn's due later this year or early next year. It is not known if Dawn Marie still has her heart in wrestling. If she ever joins TNA, the wait will be a long time.

I remember seeing Kenzo during some of the early TNA days. He wasn't that impressive. And he wore the ugliest pair of pants when he wrestled. Bright pink pants :(

Haas and Morgan would be interesting. So would Kidman, but with the number of injuries he gets, I wouldn't see him lasting in TNA long....

That's great they got Liger for Impact after Bound For Glory.

Here's your next two Liger matches:

Liger vs. Chris Sabin

Liger vs. Matt Bentley

hunter rider said:
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Gail Kim finally made her debut in TNA Saturday night on Impact as she low-blowed Brother Devon and aligned with Jeff Jarrett and AMW. TNAWrestling.com has posted a kayfabe article on Gail joining up with Jarrett and Team 3D getting beat down to a bloody pulp.

The reason that Team 3D got beat down in storylines is because Brother Ray and Brother Devon have a prior commitment in Japan in which they must to attend to, hence the injury angle. They won't be available at Tuesday's Impact tapings, however, they'll be taking on America's Most Wanted at Bound For Glory in two weeks.

Jushin Liger is booked to wrestle at Bound For Glory not to mention at the Impact tapings the following Tuesday. He'll be working with the younger X-Division wrestlers. He may be used again in the future, but it's not certain.

Kenzo Suzuki and Hiroko inquired for work in TNA last month, but TNA is not interested in using them. Test also inquired for work, but they said they have nothing for him now. A.J. Styles was said to have lost his cool and expressed his displeasure to management when he saw a bunch of former WWE stars backstage at the TNA Unbreakable pay-per-view last month.

The WWE 90-day, no-compete clauses of Shannon Moore, Jackie Gayda, Charlie Haas, Matt Morgan, Billy Kidman, Mark Jindrak and Dawn Marie all expired on Wednesday. Shannon Moore is pretty much a sure thing to join TNA. Jackie Gayda seems to be a lock as well as TNA wants more women. Charlie Haas and Matt Morgan are possible. Billy Kidman is possible, but less likely. TNA seems to have no interest whatsoever in Mark Jindrak though.

And last, but not least, Dixie Carter would welcome Dawn Marie with open arms if she so chooses to join TNA in the future. Dixie Carter was pregnant earlier this year and feels for her considering that she was fired while pregnant. Dawn's due later this year or early next year. It is not known if Dawn Marie still has her heart in wrestling. If she ever joins TNA, the wait will be a long time.
why would styles get upset about that? they don't work for the wwe anymore their ticket money should be as good as anyone elses right? btw was the "fired while pregnant line refer to dawn marie being fired or ms carter? i'm unclear on that :marv:

Source: PWTorch.com

Spike TV and UFC went head-to-head with the second hour of RAW last night with a "Ultimate Fighter" (best of UFC) show. It is possible that Spike would consider moving TNA's program sooner than later. Spike currently airs CSI going up head-to-head with the first hour of RAW. We'll keep you posted.

Great news for TNA today as the rating this week rose nearly 5% from last week!

TNA scored a .82 rating which translates to about 740,000 households and 994,000 viewers.

The ratings also spiked for the 18 to 49 demographic.

Ms. Carter's the majority owner of TNA. It was referring to Dawn Marie.

Good to hear that the rating was up, if only slightly.

Seems TNA is getting more popular everyday, I definitely believe they can keep this up and prove why they're a better alternative to WWE.

WWE is still sucking with TNA and doesn't appear to be getting better anytime soon, so I'll keep tuning in to TNA for a for the rest of my life and continue spreading the word. :up:

I just hope these early shows for Impact can get consistent ratings and eventually get higher over time.

Bound For Glory is really shaping up to be THE wrestling PPV event of the year. Though I think TNA needs to announce some more matches already.

hunter rider said:
Hey i didn't realise Vince worked for TNA

Vince Russo? yeah. He started there shortly after his brief return to the WWE didn't work out.

And it wasn't that great. It was just Russo doing a lot of the crap he did in WCW....

TheVileOne said:
Ms. Carter's the majority owner of TNA. It was referring to Dawn Marie.

Good to hear that the rating was up, if only slightly.
thanks

Eric Draven said:
Vince Russo? yeah. He started there shortly after his brief return to the WWE didn't work out.

And it wasn't that great. It was just Russo doing a lot of the crap he did in WCW....

lol no i was being sarcastic about the way Vince Mac is booking stuff,i was implying he is working for TNA and destroying WWE from within:o :D

anyone know where i can find a clip of the canadian destroyer???

they dont have one up there if anyone wouldnt mind can i get a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"