Official Tom Clancy's The Division

Trailer was really cool, was surprised I didn't find it was a Tom Clancy title until the end. Really nice reveal!

well i wasn't Expecting itto be another tom Clancy title but i love his stuff . but i did say a new ip was coming as I told spidey ville. lol it's already a buy for me too. i didn't need to see that much one that character turned on that Holo map on his watch. i was sold. alot of what their doing is some of the stuff that will sorta show up in watch dog's as well in another mode or what has been claimed but that's more focused on servailence

The map looks huge and the game looks pretty interesting, but I really don't like the HUD.

wpAQL5u.jpg

Someone said it had a very Dark Knight Rises post-Bane kind of look and feel to it, and I agree. In fact, the setting is what attracts me the most. Definitely can't wait to hear more about it.

Got me really interested and curious

Weapon slings damnit, i want weapon slings in my next gen games!!!

But yea, this looks awesome

So were the people talking in the demonstration supposed to be actual players? If so, that's pretty cool. I wonder how they ran into those other players at the end for the pvp. I wonder if it's supposed to be an MMO in that aspect.

This game is my number one anticipated next gen game now. It looks absolutely beautiful! It's nice that it's developed by Massive Entertainment as well, that came as a surprise for me.

This was great. I always thought of Tom Clancy games as good but didn't really associate them with top-of-genre. This looks in a different league to the other TC games to me.

So were the people talking in the demonstration supposed to be actual players? If so, that's pretty cool. I wonder how they ran into those other players at the end for the pvp. I wonder if it's supposed to be an MMO in that aspect.
oh yeah that was talk about that last night. I want to know if you can interact with the NPC's via your own voice as well. If the AI is that intelligent? Then Ubisoft has done it again in term of making the best AI in games history.if not oh well it was still cool. we'll just have to see what was really happening there.

I wondered about that when a ship came flying by/did something with a laser then flew away as the pilot said"I have to go do something"or something like that while the voices responded"alright bye"

I don't know if they were presenting it as a "live" demo, but that was definitely a staged demo and that's what makes me wonder just how the actual game will play. It seems like it could be something like DCUO where you get a bunch of friends together and tackle the city. But I wasn't really a fan of playing in a crowded open world where other people can interfere with my experience.

It worries me because it was clear that the characters weren't talking, but rather the players, hence that one guy coming in and going out with the helicopter.

as I said this might not be an MMO as what was said by the people at game spot there's some thing different about this.

Last edited:

Yea it was staged to act as tho thats how it'll be when you and your buddies link up and obviously you can see how Tablet integration works, when that one play came in with the Drone while he was on some sort of Tablet.

I just watched that walkthrough again and this game looks super impressive. Deff ready to check this one out.

as I said this might not be an MMO as what was said by the people at game spot there's some thing different about this.
I couldn't find the video where this was talked about .

But this

1. Article | about 9 hours ago | 58
    Almost Massive: How Destiny and The Division are Changing the Online Future

Kevin VanOrd examines the online concept dominating E3 2013's multiplayer games.

I've so often heard the phrase "massively multiplayer" used incorrectly in recent years that I've come to ignore the misuse. The MMO moniker has always applied to persistent worlds shared by numerous players occupying the same spaces. Hearing a game like Battlefield 3 or Diablo III referred to as an MMO game makes me cringe, but I've learned to grin and bear my discomfort.

source: Gamespot

will have to do in it's stead.

Last edited:
Adam Sessler's Walkthrough with the Creative Director of Tom Clancy's The Division

[YT]Pb6W-SZkjC0[/YT]

Man this game continues to look and sound better. I'm still not a fan of the whole having to play in a world with other players roaming around, but I like how the world changes based on what you do.

Also, there were some nice touches that I didn't notice the first time, like the central character hiding behind a cop car and closing the back door while he moved around it. Between this and Watch Dogs, Ubisoft has really been doing some great and beautiful looking world in some seeming big open world environments.

The original post I put up with the GI article says you can be one of those player that does this solo if you feel like. As I said this is way different from a MMO so I'm glad even ubisoft is even stating that them selves.

Yeah I get that you can play this on your own if you want, but the one of the main things that a lot of people have been trying out with next gen is destroying the line between single player and multiplayer by having seamless transitions. Like from the sounds of it, even if you're playing alone, its not like you're going to be the only person in that world. There will be other people doing their own thing and they may possibly decide to join you, or you can decide to join them. But then again, this is billed as an online, open world RPG, so I'd imagine that you can't play it offline.

offline? not likely, I just know if you don't want any other person with you in your missions/ travels you don't have to and unlike what's done in other MMo's it won't be as crowed from what that video and what gamespot is saying.

Last edited:
E3 2013: The Division, Ubisoft's MMO shooter

( which as Ubisoft has been stating to other gamer news sites it's not an MMo and this article will prove even more so that it's not) (4 hours ago)
Sci-Fi, Game Mechanics, Interviews, New Titles, Previews, Consoles, MMOFPS, Events (Massively's Coverage), Miscellaneous

Ubisoft's claim that its new MMO shooter The Division will have a "persistent world" piqued Massively's collective interest. At E3, we chatted briefly with Game Director Ryan Bernard, who has previously worked on EverQuest, EverQuest 2, and Warhammer Online. I asked what about the game and its persistent nature would appeal to MMO players and was told that actually, the team doesn't plan to make it "too persistent" at all. Each player will have his own little chunk of the world. Everything in that part of the world is persistent for him, and his friends can come over and help him out, kind of like Animal Crossing without the talking tanuki. The developers believe this will allow for a strong single-player experience while still having a visible impact on the player's slice of the world. There are places in the world that are persistent for everyone: the PvP areas. You won't want to travel around them without friends, but unfortunately, Bernard couldn't reveal more.

The game is being released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but Ubisoft hasn't ruled out other platforms or cross-platform play just yet.

e3logo.jpg
Massively's on the ground in Los Angeles during the week of June 10-13, bringing you all the best news from E3 2013. We're covering everything from WildStar and Elder Scrolls Online and ArcheAge to FFXIV's inbound revamp and TERA's latest update, so stay tuned!

More coverage: Official site

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"