Official Tom Clancy's The Division

More or less. Some suspect that's one of the reasons the game got delayed. A lot lf games are pulling out of September because Desting is gonna be huge.. The marketing for that game is going to be insane.

I don't think too many studios are worried about an unproven IP, regardless of how big Activisions marketing is gonna be. Its not gonna do what a Call of Duty does or like a GTA, so there really is no reason to shy away from Sept. I guess if you have an online tailored, Halo clone then sure, ya might wanna stay away from Destiny.

[YT]aOMDRKIPKPs[/YT]

New Gameplay for The Division

"New content" for The Division is coming first to Xbox One, Microsoft announced during its E3 press conference. To go with the announcement, five minutes of new gameplay footage was shown off. The footage shows a group of four player, three controlling characters and one controlling a drone, storming an enemy base among the snowy streets of New York. Players will be able to see memories of the day that a deadly virus was let loose on the city via echos, which can be activated by scanning the landscape.Once the team has defeated the opposing faction they can access to the building that was being held, becoming a new base of operations.
The Division is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2015.

source:EPN.TV

The Division : A Post-Pandemic New York City In Your Living Room

Posted Jun 19, 2014 by Suzie Ford

I live just outside of New York City. I grew up here. As a kid, and still to this day, one of my all time favorite movies is Escape From New York. No one can deny the idea of a post apocalyptic city as being immensely fun in a game world. Ubisoft’s The Division brings a post pandemic New York City into your living room and puts you right in the action as part of the team sent in to liberate New York and take the city back after the deadly virus. Here is what we can tell you about The Division from this year's E3.
Read more of Garrett Fuller's The Division: A Post-Pandemic New York City in Your Living Room.

I live just outside of New York City. I grew up here. As a kid, and still to this day, one of my all time favorite movies is Escape From New York. No one can deny the idea of a post apocalyptic city as being immensely fun in a game world. Ubisoft’s The Division brings a post pandemic New York City into your living room and puts you right in the action as part of the team sent in to liberate New York and take the city back after the deadly virus. Here is what we can tell you about The Division from this year's E3.
At its core, the game is very much an RPG. You can level up skills and systems. You can specialize in different weapon types and work together with your team to gear up for all different types of encounters. Whether you want to get better at shooting, tracking, or using different pulse bombs and grenades, the game has all the features to customize your character. Some of the gear in the game really stood out to us. The drones which follow you around can be controlled by other players using a their iPad or Android tablet. Yes, you read that correctly, you can help your team strategically by flying a drone on a tablet. Drones really had a lot of custom effects. Maybe you don't want to make a loud explosion, so instead you use a strobe drone which flashes lights to blind opponents and stun them. Drones can also mark targets from the sky to make them easier to hit when entering a firefight. It's these tweaks to the player experience that make The Division so innovative.
[FONT=arial !important]
Division1_t.jpg

The map interface for the game is another area of advancement that surprised us during the preview. First of all, the map mirrored New York City extremely well. They got the street locations correct and even made the Post Office across from Madison Square Garden the base of operations. It was all very accurate on screen. The team making the game stressed how much of the environment was vertical in the game. New York not only has tall buildings, but a vast subway system of underground tunnels and areas to explore. So players have multiple levels to track down rival factions or even worse, infected residents.
The other thing the map does is allow a player to see what happened in the area they are exploring. With advanced technology and cameras everywhere, we were shown an example of what happened in one of the train stations when the virus broke out. Creepy looking computer enhanced digital ghosts of what happened in an area, populate the space as you run through looking for clues about the outbreak. This tool was called Echo in the game and heralds the 3D augmented reality we may have in our own world one day.
[FONT=arial !important]
Division2_t.jpg
[/FONT]
You may be geared up with amazing technology, but that does not stop the waring factionsinside the city from going after you. The game has a Security meter built into it which you can check from time to time to see how your team is doing. The higher the number the more secure an area becomes. This tool helps you a lot when dealing with crazed gangs heralding the end of the world and also the virus infected areas. There is also a contagion meter which highlights how bad an area is for you to enter. Getting special gear to go into these area is all part of the challenge. Gas masks and sometime even more are needed.
Combat in the demo we saw had a third person over the shoulder view when attacking. It made sense to explore the city in third person as there is so much to see. Also, cover plays a major role in combat. So once you find a good spot to shoot from, the over the shoulder viewpoint takes effect and you can begin firing. There is also a stealth element to the game to eliminate foes. The overall map will give you alerts throughout the game to tell you where the troubled areas are. There is never a dull moment.
[FONT=arial !important]
Division3.jpg
[/FONT]
The Division won some high marks from us at E3 this year. We gave it Most Innovative after seeing the tablet interface, map system, UI and additions like Echo which help build the lore. The game at its core is a very solid online RPG shooter with a hell of a story. I just hope I can wear an eye patch on my character as I run down the city streets like Snake Pliskin.
Our past Division coverage can be found below:

[/FONT]
Article By: Garrett Fuller
Created On: June 19, 2014

Source:MMORPG.com

The Division dev talks districts, mobile, and more

(2 days ago)
Video, Events (Real-World), Game Mechanics, Interviews, MMO Industry, New Titles, News Items

[YT]pCCZHaEEWYw[/YT]
Co-Optimus has posted an interesting video Q&A with Division IP developer Martin Hultbergof Ubisoft. Hultberg talks a bit about the game's backstory as well as how players will interact with the game world. There are certain level restrictions, for example, as well as equipment requirements for entering a given area (gas masks to deal with contagion levels, etc.).

Hultberg also mentions that players who buy The Division get a tablet version as well, so if you can't make it home to your console (and eventually, your PC, right Ubi? RIGHT?), you can be a fifth wheel of sorts and "support the four other players" via your tablet.

The interview clip has a lot of gameplay footage spliced throughout, so head past the cut and have a look for yourself.Continue Reading

Last edited:
This game looks perfect.

I like the though go but actually don't like "shooters". First-Persons like COD are boring and dumb, mostly built for online... which I'm passive against.

I miss the Rainbow Six games, which this is lie those meets GTA. That shootout by that police car and the world graphics of bullet aftereffects are amazing. It's frustrating that most games are still like GoldenEye, in that there are no 'remnants' of your destruction.

About time this was put up.

Apparently I had my self caught via youtube from what ubi soft showed them selves at E3

source: GI

Last edited:

The Division : I Can't Wait to Play It...For Now

Posted Aug 20, 2014

Convention lines are a fact of life. But lining up for…I didn’t even know what, that was something new. The Division was hidden inside a giant box. There was no sound coming from it, no hints at what might be inside. Our only choice was to jump in and find out for ourselves. While waiting we wondered, would we finally be getting hands on time with the game I’ve been eagerly awaiting since it was first announced?
Read more of Shannon Doyle's The Division: I Can't Wait to Play It...For Now.
Sadly as we walked in and saw the theater set up we knew the answer would be no. It was to be another presentation with more video to tease us and developers talking about how awesome the game is. At least we had to assume that was what the developers were talking about. The entire presentation was done in German. Which wasn’t so bad considering that we were in Germany and two thirds of the small crowd there said that they understood German. But for the rest of us we were told not to worry, that it would all be ok and we would be able to follow along easily.
For the most part this was true. I may not know the details of what they were talking about but the familiar footage of the trek through the subway and firefight that took place afterwards was how they started it all off. The only difference this time being that we got to see the UI in the video rather than just the gameplay.
Div1_t.jpg
The second scenario involved a firefight on the streets in front of a supermarket. And when I say firefight I really mean firefight. The enemy had flamethrowers. Perhaps the most exciting part of that scenario was seeing the gameplay from the tablet point of view as well as those players on the ground. This was something entirely new and sort of makes me think I need a tablet when I eventually am able to buy the game sometime next year.
This was the first chance to see the game being played on the Xbox One and a tablet. Of course during these sorts of presentations there is always a bit of doubt over whether or not people are actually playing the games while you’re watching them. This was still true of this presentation. Especially because they used the subway sequence which looked absolutely identical to the video we’ve all seen before. But I have to say, if that was indeed actual gameplay we were seeing; the videos we’ve been seeing so far are no lie. It is a beautiful and very well made game.
Div2a_t.jpg
But, as much as I want to love this game, as much as I can’t wait to FINALLY try it out for myself I find myself growing bored. We saw the same footage we’ve seen before just with little bits of UI added in. And sure, we saw a bit of something new but it wasn’t really all that new. Sure visually it was new. We were in a new location and instead of guns the enemy had flamethrowers. But it was just more gameplay. We’ve been seeing gameplay videos for well over a year now with nothing really substantially new to be added.
The sad fact of the matter is that the game was announced too soon. A year early is pushing it, but two years? No, I’m sorry I am going to lose interest. The very same thing happened to me with ArcheAge. I had been so excited for ArcheAge when it was first announced. Then after waiting ages with little to no word on its progress and I checked out. I’ve not played any of the beta weekends and so long as there are other writers happy to do so I likely will never play it. The Division is quickly coming to that point in my mind. Yeah, it was great to see it at Gamescom, and yeah, I’ve looked forward to it at all the major conventions. But I’m reaching the point of not caring.
[YT]KukX7zUbUx0[/YT]

This doesn’t only have an impact on my gaming though. It also has an impact on Gamescom itself. Gamescom is exciting for two reasons. Number one, it is the largest video games convention in the world. And number two, each year is different from the last. If the trend of announcing games years in advance continues then Gamescom will turn into a repeat. ‘Didn’t go last year? That’s ok! The games they had last year are all there again this year because they still aren’t out!’ This is…less than ideal. At least I think so as I attend Gamescom every year.
Hopefully by next Gamescom The Division will be live and we will be talking instead about Ubisoft’s next great project, whatever it may be. It really was great seeing the presentation, even if I couldn’t understand a word of it. The UI itself looks very streamlined and attractive. You can catch glimpses of it and the rest of the presentation in the teaser trailer that was released for Gamescom 2014 which is posted above in the article. Hopefully the full presentation will make its way to Youtube very soon so everyone can experience it. Until then though, you’ll just have to take my word on it. If next year at Gamescom 2015 we’re still waiting for the game to launch or even worse, still waiting for hands-on time with it then it may be time to start questioning marketing strategy for games. All that said though, the game still looks epic, and I still can’t wait to play it…for now.
Permalink | 1 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#UhjblP1xscKhmXyQ.99

source: MMORPG.com

This game needs to come out ASAP...

the sooner its out the way, the sooner I hear about Ghost Recon

I'm still excited about this game even though Destiny took the wind out of my sails.

I'm waiting for the reviews on this. To see if it falls into some of the same pits that Destiny did.
I hope there is some good character customization

I'm still excited about this game even though Destiny took the wind out of my sails.

This along with Watch Dogs and Destiny were the ones I was looking forward to. Hopefully this won't be as big a disappointment as they were.

I have my doubts after AC and WD. Ubisoft tends to have these new IPs that look great on first glance but release with disappointing first entries.

The Division's PC experience won't suffer because of consoles

(2 hours ago)
Video, Culture, Interviews, MMO Industry, New Titles, News Items

[YT]gvQ6XYcKprs[/YT]
Ubisoft Massive says that PC gamers looking forward to its Division shooter won't be sacrificing any presentation quality because of their console counterparts. "Obviously we want to make a game that looks the best it can on its respective format, so Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC," Massive's Martin Hulberg told Open World Games.

"We address every console, every platform as its own version, so we try to stay away from the thing where you go for the least common denominator and everybody suffers for it," Hulberg explained. Continue Reading

I'm just curious how it works. It's an online MMO shooter right?

So will it be zoned out like the regular maps in Destiny? Like New York is sectioned off into public areas? You can go deeper and trigger personal story gameplay events?

I'm just confused how this is all supposed to work. Can you ever beat the game or stabilize NYC?

they said it's not won't funtion like a MMO they told this to the people that run twitch went into detail about it. it will have
RPG Elements and you see other players in the world but you iteract with unless you enter special zone where you & your fight them for resourse

Well can you play as the bandits or only members of the Division?

Well can you play as the bandits or only members of the Division?
they said your all division agent.

I just went back to the video I was talking about for you here's the video

click this image below to watch.
9:38:33

#E3Live, Day 1 - Nintendo Digital Event
Twitch Jun 10, 2014

I suggest you see it. it's at mark 02:35:34 - 02:51:12

that where you should move the bar too if you to head to strait to the poit fast. There's a reason that's
in Red and in bold the Explanation from the head director of this game is there on why this isn't an MMO and the did detail alot here about how it works to that reporter from twitch.

A
nd I've looked there's no Youtube version of this . so we're stuck with this, as the only way to see their Explanation.

Last edited:
Hey Zenith, I don't think I can watch those videos without a paid Twitch subscription.

I just hope the game runs smooth. The network crashes have been a huge problem for Destiny for me.

Also, I hope it's not as grindy and repetitive as Destiny.

you can I haven't payed a dime watching them. I wouldn't put it up other wise. ok I'll try repeat what the game director said

For some reason I can only watch the live feeds on Twitch and none of the archived videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"