Official UFC Thread - Part 8

Card was good from the early prelims to the main event. Of course the only fight I really rooted for someone in was RDA vs CC ugh RDA just didn't seemed prepared early on. That 4th round was his best chance. Woodley is the only hope I have left since CC successfully dodged Usman. GSP wouldn't come back to fight him and Khabib has to beat Connor before moving up.

That is the thing. Punk has basically been doing this for 4 years.
Yeah so he shouldn't be expected to win even against the nobodies. He should have been working his way up through small shows. There are levels to the game can't just come in. He faced a stand up only guy in Jackson they can't feed him that everytime.

I am not mad at the fight but Overeem vs Blades should have been on the main card. Did people really buy a card just for CM Punk?

Yeah so he shouldn't be expected to win even against the nobodies. He should have been working his way up through small shows. There are levels to the game can't just come in. He faced a stand up only guy in Jackson they can't feed him that everytime.

I am not mad at the fight but Overeem vs Blades should have been on the main card. Did people really buy a card just for CM Punk?
No, he shouldn't be fighting at all. He is 39, and incompetent in the ring, and just absorbs punishment. he isn't a fighter. Guys like Lesnar did it in less time because they are fighters.

No, he shouldn't be fighting at all. He is 39, and incompetent in the ring, and just absorbs punishment. he isn't a fighter. Guys like Lesnar did it in less time because they are fighters.
Lesnar was a great college wrestler so he wrestled almost all his life and played football.

Punk from what I know never did either. I have no problem with him wanting to fight. He has no business in the UFC though, Dana takes an L for allowing him in. It comes off as needy for attention when the UFC is way better than this.

It’s illogical to think you can just jump into the UFC with no experience and be successful.
Golden Gloves man, IBJJF tournaments, amateur MMA fights, there’s just levels to the sport. You literally could have done any of those things, but to just think you’re gonna fight in the UFC? It literally doesn’t make any sense.

Last Stylebender tomorrow hoping he wins and puts on a show.Then the following day I got Stipe and T City. Going to be fun the next two days.

Last Stylebender tomorrow hoping he wins and puts on a show.Then the following day I got Stipe and T City. Going to be fun the next two days.

Ortega & Holloway got scrubbed last minute. Max Holloway got pulled from the fight during fight week because he was "displaying concussion like symptoms". There's an interview Michael Bisping did with him 2 days ago & in the interview even Michael himself asks him was he alright because he seemed sleepy, was somewhat slurring his words & apparently although I didn't see it, his open workout was quite low energy.. which isn't actually unusual as occasionally some fighters don't do proper workouts for the media.

Pretty scary stuff, obviously we don't see what he was like behind the scenes but I'm glad they pulled him if there wasn't something right with his head. Things start to get really dangerous if someone that's perhaps unknowingly recovering from a concussion then gets KO/TKO'd & receives another concussion.

3 straight fights he did not make. This one sounding incredibly serious. Max is a guy who grew up doing MMA, right? One of the first to start it at a young age? If he has serious, long term issues to this effect, I wonder how much that might play into it.

Ronda Rousey is deserving to be in the UFC Hall of Fame for her achievements in the UFC and now she's kicking butt in the WWE. I do wonder how the career of Ronda and others would have gone had Gina Carano not retired but we'll never know.

Ortega & Holloway got scrubbed last minute. Max Holloway got pulled from the fight during fight week because he was "displaying concussion like symptoms". There's an interview Michael Bisping did with him 2 days ago & in the interview even Michael himself asks him was he alright because he seemed sleepy, was somewhat slurring his words & apparently although I didn't see it, his open workout was quite low energy.. which isn't actually unusual as occasionally some fighters don't do proper workouts for the media.

Pretty scary stuff, obviously we don't see what he was like behind the scenes but I'm glad they pulled him if there wasn't something right with his head. Things start to get really dangerous if someone that's perhaps unknowingly recovering from a concussion then gets KO/TKO'd & receives another concussion.

3 straight fights he did not make. This one sounding incredibly serious. Max is a guy who grew up doing MMA, right? One of the first to start it at a young age? If he has serious, long term issues to this effect, I wonder how much that might play into it.

Yeah I found out the fight is off at work today. I was looking forward to that one the most. Max always sounds mumbly and slow talking to me, so I wouldn't pick up on it. I am hoping he can bounce back.

In the 3 straight are you counting Khabib? I wouldn't count that since it was short notice and he was really pushing with a couple of days. He did start young so it is possibly that the body is breaking down sooner.

Yeah I found out the fight is off at work today. I was looking forward to that one the most. Max always sounds mumbly and slow talking to me, so I wouldn't pick up on it. I am hoping he can bounce back.

Max is only 26 & I think he's been fighting as a pro for 7 or 8 years. He's got a very take one to give one attitude though as well in fights in which there is no longevity in.. just ask Chuck.

A lot of people are somewhat ignorant to concussions as well, you can be concussed without ever being knocked out (which from the articles I've read Dana White's been quoted as saying that Holloway claims he hasn't been KO'd). Each & every blow you take, even with all the pads & headgear is wear & tear.

As it stands from what I've read, he was only removed as a precaution & may not have actually been concussed & whatever was causing Max's drowsiness & odd behavior could be something else.

Cormier just slept Stipe in the first round, legitimately.

Damn I wanted Stipe to win so a division won't get held up. Though with Gustaffson banged up the LHW division is meh with actual challengers. I don't get the hype for Brock returning. Dana loves the guy but I have no interest in seeing him back. Brock last couple of outings were bad the game has evolved past him. If he was to win he wouldn't stay and commit to defending.

Ngannou should think about his future endeavors that was the worst performance ever. He seems like a guy that was forced into fighting because he was big and stong so some manager took advantage of him. The guy didn't even train properly for his title fight and this is the follow up. It wasn't like Stipe ko'ed him he was wrestled and beat for 5 rounds. Did he think Lewis was a Div 1 wrestler and got scared?

Very nice card last night, Cormier showed exactly why Stipe had so many people asking questions of him before his Ngannou defence. He's been hurt & dropped before, the Overeem fight in particular & from memory if I recall the punch that dropped him didn't exactly seem like an excessively powerful shot (although I'm sure it wasn't exactly like a pillow hitting him), it just landed clean. Stipe took the defeat like a champion though, very respectful didn't make any excuses that I've heard, real class act. :up:

I half expected that Brock callout without even knowing he was at the event, I was thinking about it the other day that whomever won would call him out.. it was just LOL the whole thing. I don't actually know if it was genuine between the 2 as my understanding is Cormier's a big WWE fan & I would presume knows Lesnar to some extent outside of the UFC/WWE.

On another note, Anthony Pettis looked back to his old self with a superb submission win. He's a really dangerous guy, if he can fight the right guys & get back up to Khabib, Ferguson & McGregor, he's got all the tools to beat all 3 of them. He's a violent striker with very good submissions, even when he's fought guys smothering him like Melendez was, he's still a threat of catching you in something.

Which is the bigger women's fight? Nunes vs. Cyborg or Nunes vs. Holm?

Which is the bigger women's fight? Nunes vs. Cyborg or Nunes vs. Holm?
I think Nunes Vs Cyborg is by far the bigger fight. Both women have been on runs and is a champion vs champion match.

I like Holms but she isn't an immovable object like Cyborg. Holms would probably sell more in terms of ppv because of who she is.

I like how Cormier (a pro wrestling fan) and Brock are hyping up the fight as if they were in WWE.

Holy **** DJ just lost the belt to Cejudo.

Hopefully DJ gets the rematch by February. I really don't see the winner of Cody and TJ caring to fight Cejudo. It is not a money fight like Dj would have been.

I love DJ, but that man is no money fight. :woot:

Thank you TJ, for beating the hell out of that racist, homophobic piece of crap. Again.

I love DJ, but that man is no money fight. :woot:
It would have provided more to sell. Bigger fight for fans I could care less about the money fight term. I have no interest in Lesnar vs DC because Brock has not been around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"