Official UFC Thread - Part 8

It is almost like Conor is a garbage human being that people keep making excuses for, and acting like he is only that way because he promotes fights.

It is almost like Conor is a garbage human being that people keep making excuses for, and acting like he is only that way because he promotes fights.

He is garbage. He is ultimately, a chav who grew up on a **** hole council estate in Dublin who is now a multimillionaire. His missus Dee always seemed to keep him grounded. But in the last couple years he seems to gave gone off the deep end.

Someone in McGregor's crew needs to keep him in check.

Or maybe he doesn't need one because he actually is the gangster he projects himself to be

Anybody that actually says they are a gangster, well you can be damn sure they aren't a gangster.

Wow.. Stipe Miocic TKO's Daniel Cormier

Those body shots he was landing were absolutely brutal, quality performance.

****. I need to see that.

Wow.. Stipe Miocic TKO's Daniel Cormier

Those body shots he was landing were absolutely brutal, quality performance.
Was it a quality performance? He did good to adjust in the last two rounds and out last a 40 year old, but he was getting destroyed for the first two.

Was it a quality performance? He did good to adjust in the last two rounds and out last a 40 year old, but he was getting destroyed for the first two.

1st round was undeniably Cormier's with the big slam takedown & the fact he kept him there & roughed Stipe up. The 2nd round however was extremely close, they were both standing in front of each other giving as good as they got, I'd have given the 2nd to Stipe though on the basis that he took him down, albeit briefly, defended 2 shots & had DC in the more dominant grappling positions.

Saying he was being destroyed is an incredible leap, you should watch the fights without Rogan, I'd be interested to see the punch stats in particular for that 2nd round because with Rogan's commentary he made it seem like DC was outlanding him 2-3 to 1 in every exchange on the feet with crazy combinations & to me it looked like they were each giving as good as they got.

You mentioned DC's 40, you do know Stipe's 36? He's not exactly a young man himself and he's a fair bit bigger.. and pushing a high tempo is like DC's game.. even when he's 50 DC would probably still be able to push a lot of the HW's to their limit.

1st round was undeniably Cormier's with the big slam takedown & the fact he kept him there & roughed Stipe up. The 2nd round however was extremely close, they were both standing in front of each other giving as good as they got, I'd have given the 2nd to Stipe though on the basis that he took him down, albeit briefly, defended 2 shots & had DC in the more dominant grappling positions.

Saying he was being destroyed is an incredible leap, you should watch the fights without Rogan, I'd be interested to see the punch stats in particular for that 2nd round because with Rogan's commentary he made it seem like DC was outlanding him 2-3 to 1 in every exchange on the feet with crazy combinations & to me it looked like they were each giving as good as they got.

You mentioned DC's 40, you do know Stipe's 36? He's not exactly a young man himself and he's a fair bit bigger.. and pushing a high tempo is like DC's game.. even when he's 50 DC would probably still be able to push a lot of the HW's to their limit.
Can you find someone who had the second round close? Because the argument people are having is whether DC was up 3-0 or 2-1 based on the third round. All three judges had Cormier winning round 2.

1Rrjx1m.jpg

I didn't listen to Rogan. It's Rogan. :hehe:

And I found the proper stats. DC outlanded Miocic by 10 in the second round.

Stats | UFC

There is an ocean of difference between 40 and 36.

Last edited:
Can you find someone who had the second round close? Because the argument people are having is whether DC was up 3-0 or 2-1 based on the third round. All three judges had Cormier winning round 2.

1Rrjx1m.jpg

I didn't listen to Rogan. It's Rogan. :hehe:

And I found the proper stats. DC outlanded Miocic by 10 in the second round.

Stats | UFC

There is an ocean of difference between 40 and 36.

I don't doubt for a second Joe Rogan knows his stuff, but he's quite excitable & he made it seem like Cormier was lighting Stipe up with ridiculous combinations, particularly that 2nd round which I knew had to have been close statistically from a punch stat perspective because they were both just standing about a phone booths distance apart trading blow for blow.

10 significant strikes between them in the 2nd 56 - 46 both of of 82 thrown, that for sure wasn't a dominant round for DC at all.

Yeah that "ocean" is about 3 years & 4 months.. :D

Nunes vs. GDR II announced for December 14th at UFC 145

Well after another big UFC PPV done its time for another What's Next for the winner's and losers!

Winner's

Stipe Miocic
Well Stipe proved he has an incredible amount of toughness, self belief and determination to reclaim his title as the baddest man on the planet. Especially after how the first 3 rounds of the fight went, I think you could make an argument for the third but other than that Stipe had lost every round so far. So to rally in the fourth and finish DC was something incredible to see live. Option 1: Personally I think it would be criminal if we don't get to see a rubber match now between the two as both fights have been very different but both have been super competitive and exciting for the fans. The trilogy itself would also elevate Stipe as he's never really got his due and this is the first real rivialry he's had that people care about. Option 2: Got to be the Ngannou rematch if DC wants to retire I don't see how you could give the title shot to anyone else no matter how the first fight went.
Next Opponent Option 1: Daniel Cormier

Next Opponent Option 2: Francis Ngannou II

Nate Diaz
Well after over three years out of the game Nate managed to comeback and look like he had been gone less than a few months. He controlled the fight from start to finish and now has positioned himself where there are plenty of exciting fights open to him, however Nate seems to have already chosen Jorge Masvidal as his next opponent. As Jorge was looking for a big payday or title shot I reckon he accepts this fight and they make it happen.
Next Opponent: Jorge Masvidal

Paulo Costa
Well Costa passes his first real test to judge if he was just another powerful striker or a real world class Middleweight. It was a very close fight between him an Yoel but Costa didn't need to blow him out the water just get the decision. He's now the only man other than Whittaker in the UFC who has managed to hand Yoel a loss in the octagon. There will definitely be questions on how Costa will look in the championship rounds as that was the first time he even went the full 15 minutes but that's an issue that might not even come in to play.
Next Opponent: Title Shot Against Whittaker vs. Adesanya Winner

Sodiq Yusuff
That last fight marks Sodiq third straight win in the UFC in less that 12 months and by far his most impressive. After a dominant win like that Yusuff has earned a crack at someone in the top 15, the only problem for him is that guys from 14th to 10th are all coming off a win so the likelihood of them wanting to take a fight against an unranked guy is pretty low. The only one currently on a loss in the that last third of the top 15 is Mirsad Bektic.
Next Opponent: Mirsad Bektic

Derek Brunson
Brunson picked up a massive win against Heinisch proving he is still a top tier fighter. Unfortunately for Brunson now on a 2 fight win streak he will likely have to do a bit more to get noticed. Dana confirmed Costa will be next in line for a title shot, meaning the title picture at MW is sort of set for the next 6 months. The seemingly best way for Brunson to insert himself in to this conversation would be facing the winner of the upcoming Hermansson vs. Cannonier.
Next Opponent: Hermansson vs. Cannonier Winner

Loser's

Daniel Cormier
Well things went about as wrong as possible for DC on Saturday night, after controlling the fight quite well for 2 and half rounds Stipe started to land more and more on him and punished him to the body. DC also seemed to ignore his coaches when they begged him to use his wrestling against Stipe in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Option 1: Personally I think it would be criminal if we don't get to see a rubber match now between the two as both fights have been very different but both have been super competitive and exciting for the fans. While it elevates Stipe's popularity it also offers DC a chance to define his career by a rivalry other than the Jon Jones one. Option 2: Retirement, it could very well be that DC has had enough of MMA he's hinted at it already and how having lost the HW title he might just decide that now is best to call time on his career.
Next Opponent Option 1: Stipe Miocic

Next Opponent Option 2: Retirement

Anthony Pettis
And with that Pettis continues his tradition of trading wins with losses that he has been alternating between for the last 3 years and likely shuts the door on any potential chance of him reaching a title shot at Welterweight. Pettis is now at the stage in his career where he's only going to want entertaining/exciting fights and an fight between two fan favorite former champions definitely sounds exiting enough where I think Pettis would likely take it.
Next Opponent: Robbie Lawler

Yoel Romero
Never mind how close the fight was now for the first time in his career Romero is on a two fight skid and at 42 years old it could very easily be a case that father time is catching up with him. He's a big enough star in the MW division where just one or two wins put him right back in to the title conversation. Another former title challenger who is also in current need of a dance partner is Kelvin Gastelum which would make for a great title challenger vs. interim title challenger fight.
Next Opponent: Kelvin Gastelum

Gabriel Benitez
Unfortunately in a fight that was meant to decide who is potentially a new contender for the Featherweight division Benitez lost. What sucks so much for Benitez is that he now goes back in with the plethora of other Featherweights who are fighting to try and rise to the top of the heap. A great way to get noticed again would be to snap the streak of another rising star, a good fit for that would be Hakeem Dawodu as he has won 3 in a row.
Next Opponent: Hakeem Dawodu

Ian Heinisch
It would appear that Brunson was just a little too much too soon for Heinisch, he didn't look totally out of depth against Brunson having success early on but it just wasn't his night. Returning to fighting the fringes of the top 15 for one or two more fights will help his confidence as Brunson proved that the top 10 might just be a little out of his grasp at the moment. Another guy at a similar level looking for an opponent is Brad Tavares who in the last 5 years has only lost to Whittaker & Adesanya.
Next Opponent: Brad Tavares

Prelim Standout

Cory Sandhagen
This marks the third win in 2019 for Sandhagen but Assuncao is by far his most impressive scalp by far considering in the last 8 years in the UFC he has only lost to TJ Dillashaw & Marlon Moraes and he is the 3rd ranked Bantamweight in the division. The title picture is currently a little too uncertain with Cejudo out till 2020 and likely defending his Flyweight title first and Sterling & Faber waiting in the wings. So Cory will need another big impressive win if he wishes to leapfrog any of them in the title picture.
Next Opponent: Marlon Moraes

HauntingDirtyDragon-size_restricted.gif

The main-card of UFC 242: Khabib vs. Poirier has officially been scheduled to begin at 7pm Irish/UK time.

No need to pull an all-nighter on Sept 7 if you're watching from Europe!

I'd love to watch it but its on PPV & I'm not paying £19.95 extra on top of my subscription for a PPV.. and certainly not one with a card as thin as UFC 242.

I'd love to watch it but its on PPV & I'm not paying £19.95 extra on top of my subscription for a PPV.. and certainly not one with a card as thin as UFC 242.
Yeah seems really odd that a stacked card like 241 was free but 242 they are trying the PPV. Think UFC is seriously overestimating Khabib's selling value.

Zhang shocked the world. I actually had her to win the fight but never thought she'd blow out Andrade like that.

Damn near faultless performance.

I don’t usually pay nowadays. Just watch them later for free on the app. I already have Sky and BT sport full packages.

Yeah seems really odd that a stacked card like 241 was free but 242 they are trying the PPV. Think UFC is seriously overestimating Khabib's selling value.
Khabib is an amazing fighter but his fights aren’t visually usually the best in terms of action.

Khabib is an amazing fighter but his fights aren’t visually usually the best in terms of action.

He's definitely more marketable than he used to be im just meaning the overall card (being made PPV) does not seem a wise idea based on the strength of the overall card itself.

Like what other fight are you looking forward to the most? There really isn't a stand out. Baboza vs Felder II is fun, Islam vs Davi could be interesting and Blaydes is gonna run through Shamil.

For me the most exciting other fight on that card is Calderwood vs Lee and that's not even on the main card.

Khabib is big in Russia & nowhere else, his PPV numbers of the events he's either headlined or been on the main card for are unimpressive other than the McGregor fight. You'll get a good idea this weekend if he can carry a PPV on his own because he's the biggest name on a thin card.

I don’t usually pay nowadays. Just watch them later for free on the app. I already have Sky and BT sport full packages.

Are the box office ones free on the app after it's over?

Are the box office ones free on the app after it's over?
What is the number of the latest one? I can see 241 on the BT Sports app now. I don't know when they go on the app thought, there might be quite a delay rather than straight after. I can check after the next one. I just usually catch up with jolldan's summaries in this thread and decide what matches to keep an eye out for.

He's definitely more marketable than he used to be im just meaning the overall card (being made PPV) does not seem a wise idea based on the strength of the overall card itself.

Like what other fight are you looking forward to the most? There really isn't a stand out. Baboza vs Felder II is fun, Islam vs Davi could be interesting and Blaydes is gonna run through Shamil.

For me the most exciting other fight on that card is Calderwood vs Lee and that's not even on the main card.
I don't know whether UFC fans have a preference but I like my guys to have a stand up focus with a top ground game backup, rather than a ground game focus.

What is the number of the latest one? I can see 241 on the BT Sports app now. I don't know when they go on the app thought, there might be quite a delay rather than straight after. I can check after the next one. I just usually catch up with jolldan's summaries in this thread and decide what matches to keep an eye out for.

Ah, no the last one was UFC 241 & it wasn't box office, it was just on normal BT I watched that live.

Ah, no the last one was UFC 241 & it wasn't box office, it was just on normal BT I watched that live.
Oh right. Maybe they don’t show the box office ones then. I’ll know after the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"