Official UFC Thread - Part 8

I was reading the comments on Twitter from some salty Gaethje fans & read them complaining about a conspiracy regarding his weigh in. I saw the initial video of him weighing in & didn't think anything off it, but then found a Mike Dolce video that claims Khabib didn't make weight;

Nothing but class from Gaethje, took the defeat well like any real fighter should, very respectful & obviously humble. :up:

I didn't say he couldn't take a punch? However that being said, I can't actually remember him ever taking any significant power shots in his UFC career as he usually has his opponent on the deck before the can do anything. Hardest I can recall him being hit was by Michael Johnson, however I think those were partially blocked if I remember correctly.

Inflated & BS win streak? I get it, you're a BIG Khabib fan, but come on. The pair of them have both fought 4 or 5 of the same fighters during their UFC stint as well which makes your claim even more outlandish.

The rest of that middle paragraph reads like something you'd see on the Sherdog forums. Ferguson's never beat anybody like Khabib & Khabib's has never beat anybody like Ferguson.

GSP's too old, he's near 40. I hope he doesn't come out of retirement again, he might have beat Bisping to win the MW title, but in his prime he'd have ran through Bisping.
Khabib was hit clean by Conor.

Khabib has literally lost one round in his UFC. I say he hasn't lost any, but technically he lost one round to Conor I believe. Khabib cleaned out the division, without losing rounds. You know, while Tony got his face rearranged by Gaethje. Who is the best guy Tony beat? Pettis? Thomson? I love Cowboy, but he isn't a legit contender. So who has Tony beat to put him on Khabib's level? Khabib's last three wins are literally better then Tony's career.

Khabib has beat everyone. Never lost. Michael Johnson? Twisted his arm off, while Tony lost. Pistol whipped Gaethje, who turned Tony's face into hamburger. Are you seriously arguing that Ferguson can grapple with one of the two greatest grapplers in the history of the sport, when he couldn't even get Gaethje to engage in grappling with him in their fight? It's nonsensical, and and ignores just how good Khabib is. The guy who doesn't lose rounds, let alone fights. Styles only matter if there is an even playing field. Not only is Khabib better stylistically in such a fight, he is a better fighter then Tony in every single way. It actually basically kills your argument to argue that Tony hasn't fought anyone like Khabib, because well, then what are you gauging the idea that Khabib would have an issue with Tony's style for? Especially as Khabib has beat everyone including both guys who beat Tony on either side of his inflated win streak, could beat Tony standing, and thus the fight would never have to touch the ground, though Khabib would obviously do that anyways and tie up Tony and submit him eventually. Khabib is not Chael Sonnen, he is not going to get hit with some telegraphed elbow from top position. The Eagle wrestles bears. :funny:

GSP is in better shape then Tony Ferguson and is the bigger man. He beat Bisping while his insides were trying to kill him. That's right he moved up in weight and won the MW title while half dead. He can also actually compete with Khabib in the grappling stakes and knows how to control distance with his striking. He'd have a much better shot then Tony, who took such a beating last time, he literally quit in the middle of the ring.

Last edited:
I was reading the comments on Twitter from some salty Gaethje fans & read them complaining about a conspiracy regarding his weigh in. I saw the initial video of him weighing in & didn't think anything off it, but then found a Mike Dolce video that claims Khabib didn't make weight;

A conspiracy theory video? Well it is election season. :hehe:

It's definitely a culture thing with Khabib. For his own personal peace of mind, honoring his parents is what is most important to him.
It's comparably archaic and religious society (like other ethnicities of the Caucasus region). Your commune, your village - country within country. Elderly, parents (especially men) - highest authority outside Allah himself. Their wish is your command. But it's definitely tough time for Khabib's family. Nurmagomedov senior passed away and someone will take over. Probably Khabib himself. I don't know if his retirement is final, but right now they have other things on their mind for sure.

What percentage chance would you guys give GSP against Khabib?

Khabib was hit clean by Conor.

Khabib has literally lost one round in his UFC. I say he hasn't lost any, but technically he lost one round to Conor I believe. Khabib cleaned out the division, without losing rounds. You know, while Tony got his face rearranged by Gaethje. Who is the best guy Tony beat? Pettis? Thomson? I love Cowboy, but he isn't a legit contender. So who has Tony beat to put him on Khabib's level? Khabib's last three wins are literally better then Tony's career.

Khabib has beat everyone. Never lost. Michael Johnson? Twisted his arm off, while Tony lost. Pistol whipped Gaethje, who turned Tony's face into hamburger. Are you seriously arguing that Ferguson can grapple with one of the two greatest grapplers in the history of the sport, when he couldn't even get Gaethje to engage in grappling with him in their fight? It's nonsensical, and and ignores just how good Khabib is. The guy who doesn't lose rounds, let alone fights. Styles only matter if there is an even playing field. Not only is Khabib better stylistically in such a fight, he is a better fighter then Tony in every single way. It actually basically kills your argument to argue that Tony hasn't fought anyone like Khabib, because well, then what are you gauging the idea that Khabib would have an issue with Tony's style for? Especially as Khabib has beat everyone including both guys who beat Tony on either side of his inflated win streak, could beat Tony standing, and thus the fight would never have to touch the ground, though Khabib would obviously do that anyways and tie up Tony and submit him eventually. Khabib is not Chael Sonnen, he is not going to get hit with some telegraphed elbow from top position. The Eagle wrestles bears. :funny:

GSP is in better shape then Tony Ferguson and is the bigger man. He beat Bisping while his insides were trying to kill him. That's right he moved up in weight and won the MW title while half dead. He can also actually compete with Khabib in the grappling stakes and knows how to control distance with his striking. He'd have a much better shot then Tony, who took such a beating last time, he literally quit in the middle of the ring.

I love MMA Math :funny:

Doesn't change that GSP is near 40 & well past his fighting prime not just physically, but mentally. He has spoke about how he doesn't have anywhere near the same hunger or desire & when he announced he was retiring after the Bisping fight he was happy to do it.

Now in 2020, I'd favour Khabib. GSP's near 40 & despite winning he definitely didn't look like the same fighter when he fought Bisping in 2017. Maybe it was ring rust as he hadn't fought in 3 or 4 years before fighting him but still, I don't think he looked the same fighter of old.. and we're another 3 years gone of that fight. He's had 1 fight in 7, soon to be 8 years.

Prime GSP from that 2007-2012 sort of region vs Khabib now in his prime, I'd go with GSP simply because of he is one of the most if not the most well rounded fighter in MMA history.

If GSP is healthy, can still move and the fight was at 160-165? I'd favor Khabib, 60/40, but could see exactly how both guys could win it. Prime GSP? 80/20 GSP. That jab and shot was something else, and the kind of thing that could neutralize Khabib enough to win 3 out of 5 rounds.

I love MMA Math :funny:

Doesn't change that GSP is near 40 & well past his fighting prime not just physically, but mentally. He has spoke about how he doesn't have anywhere near the same hunger or desire & when he announced he was retiring after the Bisping fight he was happy to do it.
MMAth is the idea that a subpar win streak makes you a top line fighter who can fight a generational talent like Khabib. It's the idea that Whitaker is a legit challenge to Izzy or that being ranked 2 means something. There is a large gap between Khabib and the arguable #2 between Gaethje, Dustin, and McGregor. There is an even bigger gap to Ferguson, who you haven't given one actual reason for why he could beat Khabib. A guy who has literally lost one round in his UFC career, beaten much better competition, beaten two guys Ferguson lost to, and is a much better grappler then Ferguson.

What about Ferguson is going to keep Khabib from taking him down, and using his legs to control him, thus neutralizing any fighting off of Ferguson's back? What you are proposing is exactly what people said was going to happen to GSP when he fought BJ. Shields or Diaz. Never happened. Like GSP, Khabib is a far superior grappler, who transitions and moves much better then someone like Ferguson. We literally watched it this weekend, while he had a broken foot, he put a proper wrestler on his back like nothing. Remember when Ferguson was trying to roll for a heel hook against Gaethje? Yeah, I do.

GSP is well past his prime. He'd still blanket the entire 155 division at 160 or above, with the exception of Khabib. Lacking a bit of speed, would be made up for by how perfectly tuned his skill set is for them and how massive he is. By the way, he totally wants Khabib, while also being a fanboy of Khabib.

Last edited:
Did you watch it?
Yes. I have seen all the conspiracy theory talk. It's literally a conspiracy theory, with no merit. Khabib made weight, with a broken foot and a training camp cut short by 6 weeks. :up:

If GSP is healthy, can still move and the fight was at 160-165? I'd favor Khabib, 60/40, but could see exactly how both guys could win it. Prime GSP? 80/20 GSP. That jab and shot was something else, and the kind of thing that could neutralize Khabib enough to win 3 out of 5 rounds.
Awesome, thanks for that!

0%

I think the world of GSP, on my own personal list he's #2 all time, but at this stage of his life it's not a fight I would want to see. As others have said though, in his prime, that's another story entirely...

0%

I think the world of GSP, on my own personal list he's #2 all time, but at this stage of his life it's not a fight I would want to see. As others have said though, in his prime, that's another story entirely...
Thanks. What do you think with both in their prime?

MMAth is the idea that a subpar win streak makes you a top line fighter who can fight a generational talent like Khabib. It's the idea that Whitaker is a legit challenge to Izzy or that being ranked 2 means something. There is a large gap between Khabib and the arguable #2 between Gaethje, Dustin, and McGregor. There is an even bigger gap to Ferguson, who you haven't given one actual reason for why he could beat Khabib. A guy who has literally lost one round in his UFC career, beaten much better competition, beaten two guys Ferguson lost to, and is a much better grappler then Ferguson.

What about Ferguson is going to keep Khabib from taking him down, and using his legs to control him, thus neutralizing any fighting off of Ferguson's back? What you are proposing is exactly what people said was going to happen to GSP when he fought BJ. Shields or Diaz. Never happened. Like GSP, Khabib is a far superior grappler, who transitions and moves much better then someone like Ferguson. We literally watched it this weekend, while he had a broken foot, he put a proper wrestler on his back like nothing. Remember when Ferguson was trying to roll for a heel hook against Gaethje? Yeah, I do.

GSP is well past his prime. He'd still blanket the entire 155 division at 160 or above, with the exception of Khabib. Lacking a bit of speed, would be made up for by how perfectly tuned his skill set is for them and how massive he is. By the way, he totally wants Khabib, while also being a fanboy of Khabib.

MMA Math is claiming that because Gaethje beat Ferguson & Khabib beat Gaethje, that somehow factually concludes that Khabib beats Ferguson, combat sports doesn't work like that.

He did, prior to his retirement, before he accepted Bisping fight GSP wanted Khabib however the UFC couldn't/wouldn't make it because Khabib/Ferguson were log jamming the LW division because the 2 of them were supposed to fight to crown the new LW champion as McGregor was waiting to fight the winner.

Yes. I have seen all the conspiracy theory talk. It's literally a conspiracy theory, with no merit. Khabib made weight, with a broken foot and a training camp cut short by 6 weeks. :up:

You didn't watch it very well then because at bare minimum the footage shows his weight was not taken correctly.

0%

I wouldn't go quite as low as 0% but I'd certainly favour Khabib, I agree with everything else, it's not a fight I want to see either primarily because I think GSP is no longer anywhere near the same level as he was 10 years ago.

Even the actual WW division, there's guys in there that I think would beat GSP currently at 40 simply because they're younger, hungrier & even potentially fitter/stronger than he is currently. Fighters that in his prime GSP would have picked apart & smothered.

Thanks. What do you think with both in their prime?

I wouldn't go quite as low as 0% but I'd certainly favour Khabib, I agree with everything else, it's not a fight I want to see either primarily because I think GSP is no longer anywhere near the same level as he was 10 years ago.

In his prime, I would go with GSP slightly. I just think he has more tools on top of being a solid wrestler with incredible strength in his own right. I find it hard to believe Khabib would just ragdoll him like he does everybody else.

In his prime, I would go with GSP slightly. I just think he has more tools on top of being a solid wrestler with incredible strength in his own right. I find it hard to believe Khabib would just ragdoll him like he does everybody else.

If you could hypothetically take a prime GSP & put him against Khabib IMO I think GSP would comfortably beat him. Not only was GSP an elite grappler, he was also an elite & extremely technical striker with a diverse range of offensive weapons to the point that he was able to stifle guys that supposedly had a striking advantage over him.. and he had insanely great athleticism, fast, strong with superb cardio.

Khabib's got elite, maybe you could even go a stage higher & say world class grappling, but his standup is still a massive hole in his game. The fact that he's such a fantastic wrestler covers up the fact that his standup game is quite wooden.

GSP in his prime for me was the most well rounded fighter in MMA history, had the ability to strike with the strikers, grapple with the grapplers & as a result he basically could dictate wherever the fight took place.. and he usually decided to take the fight where his opponent was the weakest.

Nice. This would have been an amazing contest to see.

Remember all those "false, derogatory, islamophobic" comments Conor threw at Khabib? Boy, is he living up to that Mystic Mac title.

Last edited:
Remember all those "false, derogatory, islamophobic" comments Conor threw at Khabib? Boy, is he living up to that Mystic Mac title.

What's happened now?

Incredibly sad to see Anderson Silva fight nowadays, what you're currently seeing in Anderson Silva is exactly the reason why I don't want to see George St Pierre come out of retirement.

I get that Uriah Hall has power & he himself is a fighter that never quite reached the potential he should have with the striking ability he has, but the punch that dropped Silva was borderline Chuck Liddell vs Rich Franklin.. it was the sort of punch Silva in his prime would have walked through or dodged completely.

I hope he doesn't fight again, absolutely nothing left to prove. MMA is a young man's sport & he hasn't looked like 'Anderson Silva' since that terrible leg break + the fact he was already old when the injury happened didn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"