Lauzon vs. Varner

Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard II
Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard III
Jose Aldo vs Chad Mendes II
BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez
Diego Sanchez vs Clay Guida
Robbie Lawler vs Rory MacDonald
Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen I

Those are just a handful of good fights that are all 4/5 round good fights.

Jones vs. Gustafsson
Lawler vs. Hendricks 1 and 2
Weidman vs. Machida
Lauzon vs. Varner
Great! Thanks for these :up:

BREAKING: Georges St. Pierre vs. Michael Bisping For MW Title Officially Announced
C52epijUwAA84Mk.jpg:large

GSP moving up a weight? I can see him winning this one.

BREAKING: Georges St. Pierre vs. Michael Bisping For MW Title Officially Announced
C52epijUwAA84Mk.jpg:large

Wow, who to cheer for ? My Dad's English, but I grew up in Canada (although after 20 years in New Zealand I'm a Kiwi now).

I've always liked both fighters, so it will be tough to pick a favorite.

I guess, on current form the Count would be the favorite - while GSP probably has more natural talent, and has kept in amazing shape will he be in the right headspace ? Bisping can grind out a win, if you don't KO him, he keeps at you - and if he beats GSP, he can say he beat two of the GOATs (Silva and GSP, all controversy aside).

I haven't seen Bisping's recent fights (including his wins over Henderson and Rockhold) but it looks a bit like a fighter finding his best form in his later years - a bit like Lennox Lewis, who really hit his stride in his late career.

Also, Rousey has shown us that time away from the game can be disastrous - although I feel like GSP has always had a much better mental attitude than Ronda, he was always more gracious and classy with his opponents (whether in victory or defeat).

So, while I'll cheer for GSP, I reckon that MB has the edge.

Thoughts ?

He would've beaten a Silva who is a shadow of himself and GSP who wouldn't have fought in 3 and a half years and moving up a weight. In their primes both would've whopped Bisping like a government mule.

Khabib Nurmagomedov was hospitalized last night and he's likely off UFC 209 tomorrow.

What happened to Khabib? I've been watching a lot of his old fights.

And what is the natural weight difference between Bisping and GSP? Bisping looked a lot bigger to me.

What happened to Khabib? I've been watching a lot of his old fights.

And what is the natural weight difference between Bisping and GSP? Bisping looked a lot bigger to me.
He is a lot bigger then GSP. Need to find out about Khabib.

He is a lot bigger then GSP.
Yes I was surprised that this fight was even possible after having watched a good few of each of their fights recently but I don't know much about UFC yet so assumed I was wrong about their actual weights or something (as the size looks relative on screen sometimes when they're always up against other guys of a similar size). 2 great fighters though.

Khabib Nurmagomedov was hospitalized last night and he's likely off UFC 209 tomorrow.

:facepalm:

From what I've read it seems to be a weight cut related pullout..

Khabib will never get the Mcgregor fight nor should he. Way too unreliable to promote. Can't believe this guy has children the amount he pulls out.

Last edited:
Pretty poor rematch I felt between Thompson & Woodley, I would have thought after their first bout Woodley would have done nothing but try to get hold of Wonderboy & get him to the ground in an attempt to not only win the fight, but win it emphatically in order to put any questions to bed about him & Thompson.

But he fought very passive, timid & defensive for the majority of the bout as a result Wonderboy was winning rounds simply because he was controlling the octagon & was landing slightly more. I had Wonderboy winning the fight 3 rounds to 2, I think at best it was another draw, I did not see how Woodley won the fight.

Yeah, it was a bad fight and one I thought the fight was really easy to judge. Wonderboy won 1, 2 and 4. Woodley won 3 and 5. No 10-8 rounds.

Last edited:
It was round 3 I thought Woodley won. NSAC director Bob Bennett said he thought round 5 shouldn't have been 10-8.

IMHO Thompson only has himself to blame for the loss. This is MMA, not karate point fighting. He got a rematch and he was in a close fight with Woodley before. He didn't do anything big in this fight at all.

It was round 3 I thought Woodley won. NSAC director Bob Bennett said he thought round 5 shouldn't have been 10-8.

IMHO Thompson only has himself to blame for the loss. This is MMA, not karate point fighting. He got a rematch and he was in a close fight with Woodley before. He didn't do anything big in this fight at all.
You are right, it was 3. I made a mistake when writing. It was the round he had the takedown.

Actually, Wonderboy went the whole fight not trying anything and then he cost himself the title trying something in the last 40 seconds.

You are right, it was 3. I made a mistake when writing. It was the round he had the takedown.

Actually, Wonderboy went the whole fight not trying anything and then he cost himself the title trying something in the last 40 seconds.

Woodley ended the fight stronger. Like it or not, Woodley had the biggest moment in the whole fight when he knocked down Thompson. It never looked like Thompson rocked or really tagged Woodley with significant or damaging strikes at all. I think if you look at the fight metrics, there was so little activity it wasn't like Thompson was exponentially and massively out striking Woodley. He wasn't.

Woodley ended the fight stronger. Like it or not, Woodley had the biggest moment in the whole fight when he knocked down Thompson. It never looked like Thompson rocked or really tagged Woodley with significant or damaging strikes at all. I think if you look at the fight metrics, there was so little activity it wasn't like Thompson was exponentially and massively out striking Woodley. He wasn't.
I am actually talking about the scorecards. He was easily winning the 5th until he walked into that punch. He was have won the fight.

I just don't get why Thompson would fight this way when he's got a title on the line. Guys work hard enough just to get one title shot. To get an immediate rematch is a huge gift. I feel like he wasted it.

I just don't get why Thompson would fight this way when he's got a title on the line. Guys work hard enough just to get one title shot. To get an immediate rematch is a huge gift. I feel like he wasted it.
He was winning and Woodley seems as afraid of him as he was of Woodley.

Except he didn't win. I'd hardly call what he was doing "winning"

Even round 4 was hardly a blowout for him.
I thought he won the fight. On the score cards he was winning until the last 40 seconds. He was clearly winning the 5th imo.

Woodley was more of a force over all. It would have been close expect Woodley took Thompson down in the last round. Big John (was ref?) only let it continue because it was the last and so close.

Yeah, it was a bad fight and one I thought the fight was really easy to judge. Wonderboy won 1, 2 and 4. Woodley won 3 and 5. No 10-8 rounds.

Agreed.

Thompson's whole style is countering & staying at range. He very rarely would chase or press an opponent only doing so if he felt he'd saw weakness. He fought the way he always fought, the reason it was less exciting was more due to the fact Woodley was more timid than I think even Thompson expected.

If you are looking at the rematch trying to pinpoint why it was a poor fight, it was largely because Woodley was so passive & defensive, bar the last minute or so I agreed with Dana White I didn't think he did anything. At the same time while Thompson was the one moving forward controlling the octagon for the majority of the fight, he too was a too defensive, obviously concerned about Woodley's power or grabbing hold of him. Both guys showed too much respect to one another.

Except he didn't win. I'd hardly call what he was doing "winning"

Even round 4 was hardly a blowout for him.

I thought it was pretty clear up until the 5th that Thompson was winning the fight as uneventful as it was. I felt Thompson was landing slightly more consistently than Woodley & was more importantly landing cleaner shots as well.

At best I think it was a draw, I don't see how Woodley managed to win 3 rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"