prv11425_cov.jpg

prv11425_pg1.jpg

prv11425_pg2.jpg

prv11425_pg3.jpg

prv11425_pg4.jpg

prv11425_pg5.jpg

UNCANNY X-MEN #7
KIERON GILLEN (W) • GREG LAND (A/C)
• TABULA RASA Part 3. The secrets of the evolutionary jungle are revealed, as the X-Men face the Immortal Man, with the help of a brand new ally!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ... $3.99

This issue was really good. Like REALLY good! I was a little disappointed by the last issue, maybe I was turned off by the idea of this race/culture, but Gillen really made me care about both Good Apex and Bad Apex with this issue. It probably changed my feelings toward the last issue. And great use of Storm. Even I'm hoping she'll have a bigger role in this story as it continues.

I thought the most recent issue was boring. The worst since relaunch

Yeah this issue was boring as hell. Step down from the previous few issues which have been rather good.

Really?? Wow. When I read this issue it almost felt like I was reading Whedon's Astonishing.

UNCX2011012_cov_col.jpg

UNCANNY X-MEN #12
KIERON GILLEN (w) • GREG LAND (A/C)
• AVX TIE-IN!
• The Avengers and X-Men take their battles world-wide.
• Return to Tabula Rasa!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

As much as I don't like the over the top set up of the X-Mansion over in WATXM, or the fact that judging by the number of kids walking around campus at least a quarter of the remaining mutants in the world are kids (there's gotta be about 200 named, pre-existing adult mutant characters already listed as still having their powers), I much prefer the idea and execution of that book. Uncanny and Adjectiveless are thoroughly boring me and are rapidly on the way to being dropped from my standing order.

As much as I don't like the over the top set up of the X-Mansion over in WATXM, or the fact that judging by the number of kids walking around campus at least a quarter of the remaining mutants in the world are kids (there's gotta be about 200 named, pre-existing adult mutant characters already listed as still having their powers), I much prefer the idea and execution of that book. Uncanny and Adjectiveless are thoroughly boring me and are rapidly on the way to being dropped from my standing order.

Wolverine def got the most interesting post-Schism books, that's for sure.

I dropped Adjectiveless like a year ago, around the second time Gischler revisited the whole vampire thing. I've tried picking it up twice since then and nothings really changed. I'm still enjoying Uncanny, but clearly WatX and UXF are the better books. I also have a rekindled interest in Legacy since Carey left.

I've heard good things about New Mutants so will prob start picking that up, only X-book I'm reading atm is Uncanny X-Men.

As for pic above, my money's on Namor...

What the hell is going on with Colossus? Juggernauts powers never manifested like this with Cain. I guess it"s 'cause Peter is a mutant Juggernaut.
Loved Namor in this issue "Namor is nothing if not cosmopolitan in his tastes." :lmao:

I had a wtf type moment when I thought that Captain Jack from Doctor Who and Torchwood had joined the X-Men lol.

I had a funny geek moment this week. My girlfriend saw me reading this week's Uncanny and she starts flipping through it. She's a light comic reader so she's asking me different questions about the book, and she's looking at Land's pages and she says "I really like this artist! The women look so beautiful!"

....I decided it best I kept my mouth shut and not risk saying something I know I'd regret haha. :oldrazz:

WTF? Im highly pissed off that Magik is still incarcerated. WTH does she need to do to prove herself? I thought she had already done that in Fear Itself. I was starting to lighten up on Cyclops but I hate how he is using her while threatening to blow her up. I kinda wish she'd tell him to F off and use a bus next time he goes to her cell wanting to take her on a mission

I think Colossus is going to go berserk and only she will be able to halt him.

UNCX013_cover_final_col.jpg

UNCANNY X-MEN #13 & 14
KIERON GILLEN (w)
Issue #13 BILLY TAN (a)
Issue #14 DUSTIN WEAVER (a)
Covers by ADAM KUBERT AVX TIE-INS!
• Hope is on the run for her life, but can she outrun destiny?
• What has Mr. Sinister been doing since UNCANNY X-MEN #3? And what has he been doing while the X-Men have been fighting the Avengers? Find out here!
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)

prv11990_cov.jpg

prv11990_pg1.jpg

prv11990_pg2.jpg

prv11990_pg3.jpg

prv11990_pg4.jpg

prv11990_pg5.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #10
Kieron Gillen (W)
Carlos Pacheco (A/C)
• The X-Men Vs. Unit, The Galactic Genocidal Fugitive!
• What Is Behind Unit’s Sinister Interest In Hope?
• Building Towards AvX!
32 Pgs./Rated T+ ...$3.99

They didn't have any interaction between Scott and Logan in the last issue right? I hope Gillen doesn't make the common mistake in ignoring those two being in the same location without giving us something on there standings with the other.

No, the groups teamed up then split up into smaller groups so they really didn't interact. What I did find interesting is that Wolverine was front and center in the panel where Cyke said "we're here to save the planet, there's nothing more important than that". I'm not sure if Gillen or Pacheco intended for Logan to be right there.

I just have to say Unit is seriously frightening as characters go. I have to say I liked this issue more than the last few. While obviously setting up for AVX tie in it is still planting more seeds of future storylines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"