Comics Official UNCANNY X-MEN Discussion Thread

Detective and Actions Comics were well on there way there, but then DC had the great idea to start everything over, but still keep everything in cannon, but not everything is the same, but it still all happened, and....... :doh: I need to sit down.

Yeah, DC went from publishing some mediocre stuff with some good stuff mixed in, and some bad stuff, to pretty much publishing good to great stuff across the board.

Except Marvel couldn't do that with Uncanny, because they left Gillen on the title.

Gillen is the best thing to happen to Uncanny in years. I hope the rumors of Marvel ending Uncanny in favor of Bendis' new book is not true

All-New X-Men is supposed to be the new flagship x-book, right?

That could mean that Uncanny is just demoted.

All-New X-Men is supposed to be the new flagship x-book, right?

That could mean that Uncanny is just demoted.
I dont know if Id call it the new flagship. There is still alot of uncertainty of how everything will stand once AvX is over. The Uncanny thing is a rumor I read someone posted in another thread and Im hoping he got his facts wrong

Gillen is the best thing to happen to Uncanny in years. I hope the rumors of Marvel ending Uncanny in favor of Bendis' new book is not true
Ditto. I love his character piece one shots. It's something missing in almost all Marvel and DC comics.

Unfortunately it's true. According to Breevort, Bendis' All-New will be replacing Uncanny just like New Avengers replaced the original Avengers:

"'Uncanny Avengers' is a completely new series. Brian's 'All-New X-Men' replaces or succeeds 'Uncanny X-Men' in the same way that 'New Avengers' succeeded 'Avengers.' And speaking of 'Avengers,' that book simply passed from Brian to Jonathan, and increases its frequency to twice-a-month," Brevoort explained.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39534

:doh: Decisions like that which has me scratching my head going WTH is Marvel thinking?

Marvel is run by ****ing idiots. Bendis should be ****ing fired. That ****ing hack. Quesada, Brevoort, Lowe and Alonso should **** off too.

I liked Alonso when he was just the editor in charge of the X-Men comics. But since taking over as EIC of everything, he feels like a "show" editor. He's not in charge the way past EICs were in charge, because Quesada just got promoted to a new spot ahead of him.

Wait what the hell exactly is happening? No more Uncanny X-Men at all? As if renumbering wasn't a big enough insult to long time collectors of that series. And why finish on a weird number like 544? And Uncanny Avengers? Sounds like some really stupid illogical **** is going down.

I've been collecting up to date but am a few years behind in reading so please excuse my ignorance if I'm getting everything muddled up. If all this is as I think I'm understanding it I'll be halting all my subs (after 20 something yrs) until Marvel hires some guys with brains.

I have been completely underwhelmed with the power of the Phoenix Five. They're getting damaged by things that they should be shrugging off. Even a fifth of the phoenix force should be enough to withstand most of Sinister's attacks. Oy.

I'm going with a fractured Phoenix is weaker than the whole.

Yeah, by a lot more than a fifth it would seem. 20% of the Phoenix Force should grant somebody the ability to not feel anything when hit by Cap's shield.

UNCX020_COVER_FINAL_2.jpg

UNCANNY X-MEN #20
KIERON GILLEN (W) • CARLOS PACHECO (A&C)
Susan G. Komen Variant Cover by DAVE MARQUEZ
Final Issue Variant Also Available
• The fallout of AVX is here!
• We can’t tell you anything without spoiling AVX!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I just read #14-#16. 14 was by far the worst of the series and the other two weren't much better.

Judging from interviews and hints in AvX, I have a feeling that Utopia isn't going to exist anymore. Which might be why they felt canceling Uncanny makes sense. It's a shame that the title with the huge legacy is getting cancelled, while one with Wolverine in the title stays (even if it is really good). I blame schism.

Judging from interviews and hints in AvX, I have a feeling that Utopia isn't going to exist anymore. Which might be why they felt canceling Uncanny makes sense. It's a shame that the title with the huge legacy is getting cancelled, while one with Wolverine in the title stays (even if it is really good). I blame schism.

Not just utopia, I'm pretty sure the extinction team is a goner as well.:o

prv13315_cov.jpg

prv13315_pg1.jpg

prv13315_pg2.jpg

prv13315_pg3.jpg

prv13315_pg4.jpg

prv13315_pg5.jpg

UNCANNY X-MEN #17
KIERON GILLEN (w) • DANIEL ACUÑA (a/C)
AVX TIE-IN!
• The climactic end to the X-Men’s greatest stand against Sinister!
• The culmination of everything Sinister has planned since Uncanny #1!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"