Comics Official UNCANNY X-MEN Discussion Thread

This issue just made me sad what we're losing. This was exactly the kind of issue I love from Gillen and now we're moving on to Bendis. :csad:
I enjoyed it. As a final issue, it didnt really give a whole lot of resolution but seemed like a springboard for things to come. Its upsetting that Gillen isnt continuing and we wont see where he would have taken these characters.

I'm still hoping he'll surprise me cuz these are my favorite books/characters and I'd hate to loathe reading them because of his writing, or drop them altogether.

So just like that Colossus loses the Juggernaut powers........then over in Dark Avengers Cain gets them back......kind of anticlimactic.
I have to say I was expecting a lot more of a resolution (than Peter ending up hating his sister).
And over in X-men when does that story take place in relation to Uncanny?
I thought it was strange that Colossus was injured being thrown from a plane (while he possessed the Juggernaut powers), when he has fallen from tremendous heights many times without injury ..... like waaaay back in Uncanny #95 when he was just a kid. Am I missing something?
:huh:

Uncanny X-Men ending for good???...not so fast!

tumblr_mcveax14oT1rw6hzpo1_500.jpg

Yesterday we got another Marvel NOW! teaser that we assumed would be the last one, and it looks like we were wrong.
Marvel has just posted another Marvel NOW! teaser that is the most obvious one we've seen, or is it?
What can be gathered is that Brian Michael Bendis and Chris Bachalo will be doing the new Uncanny X-Men comic series. Bendis is already attached to the All New X-Men series and with Bachalo being an Uncanny X-Men veteran, it seems all too obvious. We're going to guess, based on the red hue around the letters, that this book will be about Cyclops.
The new series starts in February of 2013. Check back next week for official confirmation.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173469-comics-bendis-on-uncanny-x-men-for-marvel-now

Are you guys reading Consequences? Its being written by Gillen and feels like a continuation of his Uncanny run. Why oh why did they have to cancel his book bc this mini could have been Uncanny X-men issues

Yeah I'm really enjoying it. Last week it really felt like he was using this title to properly end Uncanny. No complaints here. :oldrazz:

Ugh I was really hoping I had escaped Bachalo's art when he left Wolverine, but this title is so intriguing that I can't ignore it.

Cyclops leads a villain team of x-men? i want namor back

UNCANNYX_Page_11.jpg

UNCANNY X-MEN #1
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W)
CHRIS BACHALO (A/C)
Variant Cover by GABRIELLE DELL’OTTO
Variant by JOE QUESADA
Sketch Variant by JOE QUESADA
Blank Cover Variant Also Available
The true flagship book of the X-Men returns. In the wake of the Phoenix, the world has changed and is torn on exactly what Cyclops and his team of X-Men are – visionary revolutionaries or dangerous terrorists? Whatever the truth, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magneto, and Magik are out in the world gathering up new mutants and redefining the name UNCANNY X-MEN.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

UNCXM002COVER_400.jpg

UNCANNY X-MEN #2
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • CHRIS BACHALO (A/C)
Variant Cover by Frazer Irving
• There is a mole on Cyclops’ team, but who is it?
• When you hunt the UNCANNY X-MEN you use Sentinels, but when you find out WHO’S DOING THE HUNTING your jaw will drop!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

i'm all for this title. teamCyclops (ugh..yeah..I just did that)

This is the first time I'm not buying the main X-comics for the first time since I started collecting.

I know she donned a black suit in Dark X-men but its still odd to see Emma not in white.

Cant wait for this book. Looking forward to more of the former Extinction team

I don't even mean it like that.

I'm buying X-Factor and Cable and X-Force, and that's it. I'd call both fringe X-titles.

I always found Namor to be the most interesting character from the Extinction team. i shall miss his tenure as an X-man. I want Emma to drop the faux-madonna inspired-British accent and go straight Boston on everybody. I will only check it out to see what kind of new mutants are popping up...the main cast is boring

speaking of boring... Storm's X-Force also looks sleep inducing, punk look(which i love) or not..I like Psylocke less than I like Rogue...and I currently can't stand Rogue...So a book focusing on boring ash Betsy interests me not at all. That book won't get my attention until Bishop becomes good again and joins the team...I AM curious about his new powers though...

Last edited:
I like Storm and Psylocke, it's the rest of that roster that puts me to sleep. I'm curious about Bishop's new powers as well.

I don't see a need to desecrate Fantomex like that. :cmad:

Betsy boring? Man I've always found her entertaining and Remender did wonders with her. One of my top favorite X-woman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"