Comics Official UNCANNY X-MEN Discussion Thread

Hope Bendis doesn't get in PR trouble over it. I can smell the offended people from a mile away.

^
Spoons that is why I laughed I just thought that Bendis may get in trouble for it.

Just readt he issue. Oh, Dazzler. A betrayer AND an idiot. Bendis is really making Mystique make asses out of people in the 2 X-books he writes.

I'm enjoying his Mystique a great deal, but she is so overused right now. Between this, Wolverine & the X-Men, and Astonishing X-Men... she's everywhere. Her appearances in Astonishing X-Men fits for the story, and Bendis is doing a great job with her in All New (and now Uncanny apparently), but I don't care for her roll in Wolverine & the X-Men.

I kinda liked Squidboy. Snot Boy is by far the worst creation ever. I thought Sharkgirl and Eye Boy were lame, but a kid who sneezes a lot of snot? That's just stupid. I can't believe he even thought that one up, and the fact that editors or whoever actually said, "Yeah, that's a good idea. go with it." Ugh.

Aaron has completely lost me as an X-writer. He writes 1 good issue out of every 5 or 10, and most of his stuff is just stupid. I'm sticking with the title through the crossover, but we'll see what solicits say after that. I might be dropping it, and I might pass over on Amazing X-Men entirely. If only Nightcrawler weren't in it :(

- Sharkgirl is kinda cool

- I can't wait for Amazing X-Men. Aaron has let WatXM slip in quality but I have faith in his anility to write an actual superhero book. Not to mention his Thor book is amazing!

Thor is amazing, but his goofy approach isn't doing it for me.

Sorry, but pirate Azazel sounds stupid. I'll likely buy it though because I'm an X-Stooge.

I think it's just an excuse to put a sword in Kurt's hands. bad place maybe it'll remind Wolverine he's a swordsman too.

I kinda liked Squidboy. Snot Boy is by far the worst creation ever. I thought Sharkgirl and Eye Boy were lame, but a kid who sneezes a lot of snot? That's just stupid. I can't believe he even thought that one up, and the fact that editors or whoever actually said, "Yeah, that's a good idea. go with it." Ugh.
Hold up, theres really a Snot Boy? I thought you were just teasing him

I think it's just an excuse to put a sword in Kurt's hands. bad place maybe it'll remind Wolverine he's a swordsman too.
Its a throwback to his Excalibur days where he used a sword and was quite cool with it

Excalibur_Vol_1_98.jpg

Back in X-Statix they had Zeitgeist who vomited acid and Anarchist who sweated fire acidic blasts.

A lot of the mutants in District-X has some dumb powers too. I remember a dude who shot hostile rats out of his back. They even turned on him at the end IIRC :hehe:

I wonder what his mutant name would of been?

Rat-back? ;)

I hope Fabio leaves for good. Gold balls? Really? And I resent the healer kid b/c Elixir exists...somewhere.

Usually gold ball would be the generational X-men sacrificial lamb like John Proudstar, Doug Ramsey, Blink, ect.

The mutant that gets killed on the first mission.

Half these kids will disappear into the background like Elixir or Generation Hope group probably.

Im surprised gold ball guy didn't die. I thought he was created to be killed off.

Overall I don't like Scott's bunch. I am so over teen mutants and each new bunch is less interesting than the last. The only interesting ones are the Cuckoos and Angel and those are older characters. The girl who can manipulate time has interesting powers but I don't care to get to know her.

Overall I hate the X-men still divided. I don't even know why Scott is calling his team X-men. Its too bad that X-factor hadn't ended earlier bc the concept behind this book is more in line with the original X-factor and that name would have been appropriate here

I feel like they are introducing new groups of young X-Men and then dropping them far too quickly.

You basically got one or two new generations of X-Men a decade pre-2000 which was easy to follow and writers had years to develop them. In the last decade they have introduced a atleast four or five new groups of young X-Men most of which you hardly see most the time. I would prefer writers spend time developing and using characters they already have instead of bringing in a whole bunch of new ones every other week.

I agree that Uncanny X-Men should really be X-Factor as it goes back to what X-Factor originally was for which is protecting new mutants.

I feel like they are introducing new groups of young X-Men and then dropping them far too quickly.

You basically got one or two new generations of X-Men a decade pre-2000 which was easy to follow and writers had years to develop them. In the last decade they have introduced a atleast four or five new groups of young X-Men most of which you hardly see most the time. I would prefer writers spend time developing and using characters they already have instead of bringing in a whole bunch of new ones every other week.

I agree that Uncanny X-Men should really be X-Factor as it goes back to what X-Factor originally was for which is protecting new mutants.
that and they were seen as outlaws by the public. You had government backed Avengers out to arrest them much like the government backed Freedom Force tried to arrest X-factor/X-terminators

Oh and IA about the young mutants. There is just too many of them running around and most get little development and use before the next bunch come in. They should just stop creating new ons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"