Comics Official UNCANNY X-MEN Discussion Thread

UNCX2013026-DC11-7f862.jpg

UNCX2013026-int2-1-95f53.jpg

UNCX2013026-int2-2-bade5.jpg

UNCX2013026-int2-3-3c935.jpg

UNCX2013026-int2-4-e1b5f.jpg

Up to date on All-New and now catching up on Uncanny. I love that Illyana is on this team.

I didn't think Exodus died when he tried to connect with that out of control mutant. Bendis, c'mon man. I really liked Exodus :(

I have a question for the uncanny xmen gurus. There is a mini story im missing issues from. I have uncanny xmen 383 (aug 2000) which is continued in xmen 103 (also aug 2000) . Then continuing with uncanny 384 and xmen 104 etc. I need to know if someone can tell me or if there is a website that will tell me what issue this particular mini story starts at and what issue it ends with? please

Could someone answer this for me has Bendis reconned the whole Havock being inverted? This week's issue has a calm nice Alex not scary human hating one we had at the end of Axis.

I couldn't stand Axis and stopped reading it so I have no idea. That issue of Uncanny left me feeling so empty.

Welcoming all X-Men fans out there to this looming replacement of the x-men with the Inhumans in Marvel comic books and media. I will start with the fact that Marvel is going to eliminate the word "mutant" from their ongoing comic titles and even replacing x-men back stories with inhuman ones.

Fans already know what has happened to the cancellations of the iconic Fantastic Four ongoing team books because Fox owns the movie rights thus Marvel is trying to quell the FF and thus diminish Fox's success. Now it looks like the same tactic is being applied to the X-men. Both FF and the X-men have been around for the past 50 years and have enormous fan bases all over the world.

I want to be clear Marvel still owns all rights to X-men outside of the movie entertainment genre so it should have no problem continuing to delight fans of the X-men for decades to come but something has happened to the people in charge.
The executives now at Marvel/Disney have taken drastically different tactics.
Back in the early 90's the company was about to face bankruptcy and would have if not for the movie rights deals they made with Fox Studios and Sony Entertainment. These deals kept Marvel afloat and able to produce comic book titles and blockbuster movies like Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Avengers that we all enjoy today.

Now is the time to let Marvel understand just how petty and immature this looming threat to the future of X-Men and the word "mutants" will become unless we rise up and demand them to stop this immature behavior. In the movie rights deals Marvel cannot use the word "mutants" in their movies but they can use Inhumans. Both X-men and the Inhumans have separate origins and teams unique among themselves yet now I fear Marvel is going to replace the X-men with Inhumans and expect this bait and switch will be a success. I for one am a loyal X-Men fan and do not want to see this come to fruition. If you are a X-Men fan and feel the way I do then please sign this petition and stop Marvel before its too late
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/355/831/399/stop-marvel-from-replacing-x-men-with-inhumans/

Uncanny X-Men has to be one of the best super hero comics out right now

Catching up on the new series and I like it so far. Badass team!

I'm finishing up Extraordinary and then I'll fully catch up on this. Is there a thread for Extraordinary? Or just not active enough around for new threads?

I don't think there are any solo thread for the three ongoing titles. Well this thread is for the older volume of Uncanny X-Men.

Anyway, I just finished reading Extraordinary/Uncanny4/AllNew2 this month up to its latest issue. In my opinion, Uncanny is the best while Extraordinary is the worst.

There's not a lot of comic book discussion at all on the hype.

People stopped coming here when an X-men thread was created in the Marvel Comics forum. Most discussion for all things X-men moved there. The X-books however have sucked for a few years now so most of the regulars that used to keep this section active stopped reading and therefore it became a ghost town. No new threads created for the new books bc there isnt enough activity to justify that. Heck Specter doesnt even post solicits anymore.

You know something's wrong if Specter isn't around. :csad:
I don't think there are any solo thread for the three ongoing titles. Well this thread is for the older volume of Uncanny X-Men.

Anyway, I just finished reading Extraordinary/Uncanny4/AllNew2 this month up to its latest issue. In my opinion, Uncanny is the best while Extraordinary is the worst.

Good as I've got those to come.

I still read comics and wouldn't mind talking about them. People are definitely talking about X-comics less but that's true of every comic on here.

Me too and it would be cool to have a few people to talk about them with. I'm up to date on Extraordinary. Going to go back to All New now although I may reread the whole thing as I can't remember it all.

Which team do you prefer right now? Psylocke's team or Storm's team?

I'm really curious on what happened with Cyclops and Emma.

Storm's team. All A listers plus the students.

I don't like Sabretooth. But Uncanny is still better imo.

I like Storm's roster, but of all the books I'm enjoying All-New the most.

All New is really underrated. The writing and art are both quite good.

Yes I like it a lot.

And I prefer Storm's team too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"