Comics Official UNCANNY X-MEN Discussion Thread

Yeah, it seems like most people want to use Cyclops, Emma, and the Claremontian 70's/80's X-Men (Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Psylocke, Rogue). Even the characters from the 90's have all been thrown away. Marrow lost her powers, you almost never see Gambit anymore, Cable is dead, and Bishop is a dead traitor.

Yeah I agree, thats why I dislike that they are so many new X-Men recruits during the 00s.

I actually have no problem with there being so many new recruits in the X-Men. I just wish they were used more. I absolutely love Anole, Rockslide, Dust, Mercury, Prodigy, Trance, and Surge. The only kids being used are Pixie and Armor, though I do like Armor and I'm sometimes okay with Pixie.

can you count Armor being used when its only in Astonishing that comes out like 3 times a year?

Overall I hate the X-kids. The only ones I care for are Hellion, X-23, Elixir and Prodigy.

can you count Armor being used when its only in Astonishing that comes out like 3 times a year?

It's a heavily delayed book, but at least she's starring in one.

Overall I hate the X-kids. The only ones I care for are Hellion, X-23, Elixir and Prodigy.

Damn, I forgot all about Elixir. I love that guy. I can't stand Hellion, though. He's a belligerent a-hole, and the only reason I was upset that he lost his hands during Second Coming was because I knew that'd just turn him into a b****y belligerent a-hole.

Damn, I forgot all about Elixir. I love that guy.
tou're not the only one. They wrote him out for SC but forgot to write him back in. No one is even looking for him and his exit was pretty slopy with how it was handled

I can't stand Hellion, though. He's a belligerent a-hole, and the only reason I was upset that he lost his hands during Second Coming was because I knew that'd just turn him into a b****y belligerent a-hole.
yeah when i was first introduced to the character i thought he was pretty cool. tk with a bad boy complex sounds like a fun character, but yeah he just went from *****e to b**** and just needs to go away.

People like Prodigy? How can anyone be anything but indifferent towards him? He doesn't do anything... ever.

I only like Pixie and Prodigy (should give him back his full powers). Don't like Helllion, Rockslide or Surge. Can just about tolerate the others but if they died I would not miss them

yea i dont know who i bothers me more, Rockslide or Hellion. i want to dropkick them both in the teeth.

People like Prodigy? How can anyone be anything but indifferent towards him? He doesn't do anything... ever.
He doesnt do anything now. He was used consistently throughout New X-men and wasa great character. I still have hope that he will eventually be used again instead of appearing sporadically in the background but then again thats a problem that isnt limited to just him

yea i dont know who i bothers me more, Rockslide or Hellion. i want to dropkick them both in the teeth.

Rockslide is at least funny. Writers seem to love teaming him and Anole together, and their story from the To Serve & Protect miniseries was my favorite part. Prior to Young X-Men, however, I wasn't very fond of the character.

prv8217_cov.jpg

prv8217_pg1.jpg

prv8217_pg2.jpg

prv8217_pg3.jpg

prv8217_pg4.jpg

prv8217_pg5.jpg

UNCANNY X-MEN #534.1
Written by KIERON GILLEN
Pencils & Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
Special Point One issue.
Magneto is an X-Man. This may not be news to you, but only a handful in the Marvel Universe know that the poster boy for Fearing Mutants is now living just off the coast of one of the United State's largest cities. How on Earth are the X-Men going to explain the presence of one of the world's most infamous super villains? This Point One issue provides the answer, and is a perfect jumping on point to the flagship X-Men book. And to make it even MORE special, superstar-artist CARLOS PACHECO (ULTIMATE AVENGERS, ULTIMATE THOR) gets in on the fun!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

dunno why, but I really love the behind the scenes, day-to-day type stuff in X-Men...i could read a whole issue about them having, like, waste disposal issues on Utopia or some such, and id totally dig it.

seeing them debating PR moves with Mags is great, makes it that much more human and relatable

alot of his panels are looking like Billy Tan. not what i was expecting to see.

The last chapter of Quarantine was pretty terrible.

Greg Land is not a bad artist, but his drawings are just cheesy as Matt Fraction's dialogues! I don't like how everybody smiles at the same way and the body movements are just not natural.

That dialogue between with Dazzler/Pixie was just corny and annoying.

Greg Land is not a bad artist, but his drawings are just cheesy as Matt Fraction's dialogues! I don't like how everybody smiles at the same way and the body movements are just not natural.

I hate greg land so much. The first comic I ever bought that he traced the first thought I had was, "why the hell is everyone smiling and where did all the womens hips go?" I wish he would have left uncanny just like fraction. And also, yeah the whole quarantine arc was so amazingly stupid. But I can't wait to see what comes next now.

IA, the Dazzler and Pixie interaction was highly annoying. I cant beleive that "tidy" nonsense spilled into the next issue

As for Land, well he used to be so much better. I loved his art in Phoenix Endsong as well as Ultimate FF

I spent years wishing someone would bring back the U-Men from Morrison's run, and Fraction did so in two of the least interesting arcs from his run. I'm never going to ask for anything in this franchise again.*

*obviously a lie. Bring back Nightcrawler!

I spent years wishing someone would bring back the U-Men from Morrison's run, and Fraction did so in two of the least interesting arcs from his run. I'm never going to ask for anything in this franchise again.*
Do you really like Ducks, you always seem to have a duck in your avatar??

Do you really like Ducks, you always seem to have a duck in your avatar??

Cartoon ducks. I actually don't care much for real ducks. Sticking to a theme saves me a lot of time when it comes to choosing a new avatar, plus everyone instantly recognizes me without ever having to read my name.

Also I'm irate & opinionated like Donald & Daffy respectively.

Cartoon ducks. I actually don't care much for real ducks. Sticking to a theme saves me a lot of time when it comes to choosing a new avatar, plus everyone instantly recognizes me without ever having to read my name.

Also I'm irate & opinionated like Donald & Daffy respectively.
:awesome: Cool

so 534.1 was pretty decent. nothing blew me away really but i liked the focus on the conversation with Erik.

IA, the Dazzler and Pixie interaction was highly annoying. I cant beleive that "tidy" nonsense spilled into the next issue

As for Land, well he used to be so much better. I loved his art in Phoenix Endsong as well as Ultimate FF

And Pixie's "I love your last album and I can't believe it didn't sell 1 million copies" and her face and hands! UGHH!

Out of place dialogue. Out of place facial expressions in the middle of a fight. It was a mess all around.

Gillen's first solo issue, on the other hand, was okay. I'm not really sure what direction his(?) run is going, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"