Official: United Football League

Nothing will ever compete with or challenge the NFL. This league may be the start of a minor league system for the NFL.... but I doubt it.

To state that nothing will ever compete with, or challenge, the NFL is to state the obvious.

You know who understands that? The UFL. They don't want to be the NFL. They don't want to challenge the NFL. They want to ENHANCE the NFL. And that goal is exactly the right one to have. The UFL has the smartest business model we have seen in an upstart sports league in a long, long time.

To state that nothing will ever compete with, or challenge, the NFL is to state the obvious.

You know who understands that? The UFL. They don't want to be the NFL. They don't want to challenge the NFL. They want to ENHANCE the NFL. And that goal is exactly the right one to have. The UFL has the smartest business model we have seen in an upstart sports league in a long, long time.

No point NFL fine the way they are.

if their main goal is to put out a decent product and make professional football a bit more accessible to football fans and not competing with the NFL, they should be OK for at least a season or 2

UFL Orlando is stupid to play any games at the Citrus Bowl over Brighthouse Stadium (at UCF).

At the BrightHouse you have the dorms of one of the largest colleges IN THE COUNTRY within walking distance to the stadium.

At the Citrus Bowl, you have the ghetto of Orlando.

A rare stupid move by this league.

UFL Orlando is stupid to play any games at the Citrus Bowl over Brighthouse Stadium (at UCF).

At the BrightHouse you have the dorms of one of the largest colleges IN THE COUNTRY within walking distance to the stadium.

At the Citrus Bowl, you have the ghetto of Orlando.

A rare stupid move by this league.

I agree but Citrus Bowl has been in it since the beginning and they are more centrally located I live west of Orlando and I'm more likely to go to the citrus bowl. Maybe now they do something with the stadium.

I hear that train a coming...it's rolling round the bend..

I agree but Citrus Bowl has been in it since the beginning and they are more centrally located I live west of Orlando and I'm more likely to go to the citrus bowl. Maybe now they do something with the stadium.

That's the biggest reason for this. The plan is to pump a TON of money into the Citrus Bowl to sexy it up. I think it would be better to move the Capital One Bowl, the Champs Sports Bowl and the other Citrus Bowl events to Brighthouse and put the money towards that stadium (it would cost significantly less).

seriously Fassel...was being an assistant in the NFL that bad...was being one of ESPNs bajiliion NFL analysys really that horrid where you are now the coach of the Las Vegas Choo - Choo Trains??

Can't wait to see what Orlando's name is going to be!

thomas1fyk.jpg

Imagine they are in the middle of a long drive

"I think I can, I think I can"

The rest of the team names announced this week.

The other names will be:

San Francisco Rockfish, Orlando Tuskers and New York Sentinels.

A "tusker" is a type of wild boar.

And no - this isn't a joke nor speculation.

The other names will be:

San Francisco Rockfish, Orlando Tuskers and New York Sentinels.

A "tusker" is a type of wild boar.

And no - this isn't a joke nor speculation.

If Orlando signs former So. Carolina QB Chris Smelley, he could be a Smelley Tusker.

:o

Orlando should have named itself the "Breakers*" and made Craig T. Nelson it's mascot. :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"