The Dark Knight Official Viral Campaign: Spring '08 - Post Here

Hey everybody. I havent posted or been on much this week due to school and homework. I take it I havent been missing much but speculation?

Hmmmm....those older Joker cards to look strikingly similar to the ones from the WSS games.

To add to that we never did solve Jakes disappearance. The last thing that I read on M.A.R. was that his family was found dead at the carnival.

By the way good eyes. I didn't really pay attention to keys when I first looked at the site.

Perhaps this has already been discussed...

I was just looking back on the sites and the stuff we've found already.

http://batman.wikibruce.com/images/e/e1/Evidence.jpg

That's the pic of the evidence safe with Jake Karnassians ID in it - there is also that key that has 658 on it.

http://batman.wikibruce.com/Image:Pairofjokers.jpg

That was the new pic - with the ID gone and the two joker cards there instead... but the key is gone too.

Am I talking about old news here?

Maybe the key to the bus barn? District 22 bus barn? One thing that puzzled me too - if you were gonna kill JK's family, why take them all the way to the carnival? Why not at home?

Well - not sure.

If you look at that key - it looks like a car key (Because it's cut on two sides) - maybe it is a bus key... I don't know - I'm looking everywhere - I'll let you know if I see anything.

Is it possible that the mosselium can hold more evidence, that it simply depends on the code entered?

Ahhhhh! First time poster, long time lurker.

Posting here 'cause I can't seem to start a new thread.

I walked back to my desk not five minutes ago, little light's blinking on my cell (the one I used for the Gordon / Acme Security game). Missed call.

Normally I wouldn't think anything of it, but it's from 213-000-0000 (the Gordon call was from all 0s, but iirc other calls have come from (area code) 000-0000). No voicemail message either.

Anyone else getting calls today? Please tell me this is just a fluke and that I didn't miss out on a new game something.

Ahhhhh! First time poster, long time lurker.

Posting here 'cause I can't seem to start a new thread.

I walked back to my desk not five minutes ago, little light's blinking on my cell (the one I used for the Gordon / Acme Security game). Missed call.

Normally I wouldn't think anything of it, but it's from 213-000-0000 (the Gordon call was from all 0s, but iirc other calls have come from (area code) 000-0000). No voicemail message either.

Anyone else getting calls today? Please tell me this is just a fluke and that I didn't miss out on a new game something.

First of all, welcome!

Secondly, Hmmm... All the viral calls I've received (corrupt cops, Dent, Gordon) have all been from 000-000-0000, and I do not have a missed call. That being said, I'm usually one of the last to receive the viral calls.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm sure if it is real one of the SHHers will be in here momentarily to tell us what it was about :cwink:

Well - here's what I 'm thinking...

The Masoleum note from the Joker said this...

"Our fine friends in blue have collected something that surely doesn't belong to them."

So - The Key goes missing from the vault - I'm wondering if the Joker used the key and the ID to get a Bus from the bus-barn - so he could do the Bank Heist...

I don't know.

Thanks for the welcome Andrizzle!

Now that I stopped being bitter, I've done some digging. I'm starting to suspect this was a false positive on my part. I didn't see any other nods to non 000-000-0000 numbers (such as 213-000-0000) on the boards here, must simply have mis-recalled. Digging for 213-000-0000 on the net, however, yields a bunch of links (several from 2006 and older mind you), but it appears some slick telemarketing folks are monkeying with caller id (trying to block it, in particular) and this is often the result. The area code being the area code of the tandem office completing the call. So a call going via, say, the 818 area code that has this would show as 818-000-0000 and so forth.

Now, as much as I'd hate to have missed some swish new viral thing, I'd rather it be that, than some waste of air time telemarketer that I missed. The fact that the boards haven't exploded, however, is making me think that it is likely the latter, than the former. Bah!

Well - here's what I 'm thinking...

The Masoleum note from the Joker said this...

"Our fine friends in blue have collected something that surely doesn't belong to them."

So - The Key goes missing from the vault - I'm wondering if the Joker used the key and the ID to get a Bus from the bus-barn - so he could do the Bank Heist...

I don't know.
That is what i was thinking 2

OK - I have to believe that I'm posting stuff that's already been played with - but anyway...

Here's the note the Joker left after the Masoleum job...

http://batman.wikibruce.com/Image:Safenote.jpg

The stains on the note cover letters - the letters can be used to spell "one bill". there was a one dollar bill in that safe... there were 4 visible numbers on that bill - 3935.

So I have 658 and 3935... I called 877-658-3935 and it said that that number had not been allocated yet... When I tried to push buttons it just gave me that busy signal. Then I tried 866-658-3935... it rang for a few seconds and a guy answered saying, "This is Bill..." I said I had the wrong number, but now I'm wondering what he would have said if I said I was looking for Jake Karnassian. Anyone else feel brave?

I got an actual guy - which makes me believe it's not Viral - lol.

it's a typo. minor changes to websites perhaps is stuff they wanted to do, and punchlisted them out, sort of reorganization of the game after feedback, etc.

anyone find the aliases for the non-SHH criminals from slipknot? I'm bummed. way bummed. not even a disappointing speed racer lit the fire under WB.

aah gotcha, thank you for the heads up :)

hahahaha! I took you up on your challange but I got the voicemail.

hahahaha! I took you up on your challange but I got the voicemail.

sorry for the double post. My internet freaked out on me here.

I wish I was in America for proper telephone...use!

I tried to look up who the number was registered too but didn't come up with anything. Is there a way to verify the numbers so that we don't blow up this poor guys phone?

I'm wondering if 42 hates us now, or they're just being gentle on high school and college students that currently have finals and all that.

OK - I have to believe that I'm posting stuff that's already been played with - but anyway...

Here's the note the Joker left after the Masoleum job...

http://batman.wikibruce.com/Image:Safenote.jpg

The stains on the note cover letters - the letters can be used to spell "one bill". there was a one dollar bill in that safe... there were 4 visible numbers on that bill - 3935.

So I have 658 and 3935... I called 877-658-3935 and it said that that number had not been allocated yet... When I tried to push buttons it just gave me that busy signal. Then I tried 866-658-3935... it rang for a few seconds and a guy answered saying, "This is Bill..." I said I had the wrong number, but now I'm wondering what he would have said if I said I was looking for Jake Karnassian. Anyone else feel brave?

Wow... That is the biggest coincidence I have seen in this viral! lol

You spell out "One Bill," use that to get seven numbers, get someone to pick up and the guy says his name is Bill? What are the odds of that, I mean really... That is insane.:wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"