The Dark Knight Official Viral Campaign: Spring '08 - Post Here

Well, got another call from the mysterious 213-000-0000. Just some stupid telemarketing/survey thing. *sigh* Thought I'd keep folks in the loop though.

Bored, with no games to fill in the spare time. Did anyone ever come to a final decision about this mysterious "Bill" and the phone number? I'd call but like several people have already said it would be super lame to blow up this guys phone.

Almost certainly a coincidence, but an amazing coincidence.

Bored, with no games to fill in the spare time. Did anyone ever come to a final decision about this mysterious "Bill" and the phone number? I'd call but like several people have already said it would be super lame to blow up this guys phone.

Probably nothing. When the games start up again, they will probably let us know with an e-mail, texts on the Joker phones, MAR update...something. The games haves seemed obscure and hard to figure out but really all of the clues have been tackled within hours. So I doubt there is anything that hidden still out there. I could be wrong....and I want some action soon too!

The games haves seemed obscure and hard to figure out but really all of the clues have been tackled within hours. So I doubt there is anything that hidden still out there. I could be wrong....and I want some action soon too!

This is what makes me excited about future ARG campaigns. I feel the good people at 42 may have underestimated our tenacity with the puzzle-solving. I wouldn't be surprised if in future ARGs there are some deeply hidden clues. The clues might not reveal important parts of the game (what if we never found them), but they could reveal special bonuses for the extra-ravenous fan among us.

This is what makes me excited about future ARG campaigns. I feel the good people at 42 may have underestimated our tenacity with the puzzle-solving. I wouldn't be surprised if in future ARGs there are some deeply hidden clues. The clues might not reveal important parts of the game (what if we never found them), but they could reveal special bonuses for the extra-ravenous fan among us.
I was reading about "The Beast," the ARG for the film A.I. which was made by people who eventually founded 42 Entertainment. It seems that their puzzles went even deeper than TDK's, but for A.I., it was more puzzle-solving for the sake of puzzle-solving. For TDK, all the puzzles either push the pre-movie plotline forward or gives us a little tidbit from the movie.

I was reading about "The Beast," the ARG for the film A.I. which was made by people who eventually founded 42 Entertainment. It seems that their puzzles went even deeper than TDK's, but for A.I., it was more puzzle-solving for the sake of puzzle-solving. For TDK, all the puzzles either push the pre-movie plotline forward or gives us a little tidbit from the movie.

That's exactly what got me involved in the game. It's not just some 'solve the puzzle' thing. It makes us feel that Gotham is there somewhere, that things are happening there that will lead to what happens in the movie(even though we're not sure about it). I mean, it has a story, our participation makes it evolve, and for all Batman fans it's great to take part in this 'make believe' and do stuff such as voting for Harvey Dent, knowing what will happen to him. It's like we're contributing to make it real. :grin:

That's exactly what got me involved in the game. It's not just some 'solve the puzzle' thing. It makes us feel that Gotham is there somewhere, that things are happening there that will lead to what happens in the movie(even though we're not sure about it). I mean, it has a story, our participation makes it evolve, and for all Batman fans it's great to take part in this 'make believe' and do stuff such as voting for Harvey Dent, knowing what will happen to him. It's like we're contributing to make it real. :grin:

I completely agree!! This is what drove me to get involved with the game as well. It's fun to imagine that we're influencing Gotham in some way, that we're actively campaigning for Dent and being the Joker's goons...It's just very FUN. In the same way we all pretended to be super heroes or animals or Disney characters when we were younger. ;) It's fun to become part of the worlds and universes we've read and seen and talked so much about.

that is the most awesome part of this ARG. And WB is saving money doing it because i bet this whole operation cost less than one Super Bowl spot, if you guys haven't read the Ad Age article about TDK, you should it's really interesting

It's great to read that people are taking on the ARGs, I just wrote my dissertation on them and I didn't realise initially how much they are expanding as this amazing interactive digital narrative. So much so, I'm trying to do my own (very very small version) for my final performance/writing piece. Tremendous things :D (When they are done well)

It's fun to imagine that we're influencing Gotham in some way, that we're actively campaigning for Dent and being the Joker's goons...It's just very FUN.

:up:

My brother asked my what I get out of being involved in the game. I just said "its fun!". Isn't that enough? Well, that, and some cool Dent stuff!

My brother asked my what I get out of being involved in the game. I just said "its fun!". Isn't that enough? Well, that, and some cool Dent stuff!

Precisely! :D It's enough for me, anyway.

And free swag is always a plus. ;)

I get that a lot too. Who doesn't want free awesome swag? And a chance to make new friends that share the same love for Batman.

I was already excited about TDK, but the ARG definitely boosted my excitement even more. These games are great because it's not just some game you play where you sit in front of a computer screen and try to unscramble letters. You're actually getting outside, going to specific locations, figuring out clues, supporting fictional politicians, and it's all so much fun! 42 has really been doing some incredible stuff and it is greatly appreciated. :woot:

IMG%5D
Greetings Everybody, I just wanted to say hello and share something that I thought was pretty cool. I am not necessarily new to the board I have been keeping up on all the threads, it is just my first time posting. We all love the viral marketing--here is a band's flyer that I was sent. Look at the bottom left hand corner, see anything familiar? I find it hilarious that not many will know what that means or even see it, only true players in the game of viral marketing will know. It's good to know that The Anix is for Harvey Dent and want to make Gotham City a better place.
IMG%5D
IMG%5D

showpostersmallul2.jpg

theanix.com

Barbara Gordon

--
District: Haysville
Street address: 379 50th st

Nice find Barb! Looks like the person on the poster is a Joker fan too ;-)

Maybe will see that band in the movie. Or there music. Who knows.

Seeing as how we got a Alt Trailer just for watching this one thing I wonder what this leg of the virals will produce.

I can't help but wonder if we've already seen what we will be getting out of the virals.

Think we'll get a "Gotham Times" saying that Dent won?

I can't help but wonder if we've already seen what we will be getting out of the virals.
yeah same here....funny comcast would get a brand new trailer...

hmm.

i hope we at least get some new Times....but come on!

when the games startin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"