Official Viral Campaign: Spring '08 - Post Here

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by vlkers54, Feb 20, 2008.

1. nobody Guest

that would be pretty kewl

2. nobody Guest

maybe a week b4 10000bc?

3. tuffenoughtoroc Vegan Power!

Just to let everyone know, Nobody is the stupid Laughing Matters kid who started the whole vday rumor. Don't be fooled by anything he posts.

4. stringsbatman Registered

i sent a message to the mod i hope he booted him!!!!!!

5. Nodwarves4u Registered

I just got a really naughty email from our friend Laughing. I would just delete it.

6. assassinsilence Registered

didn't he send viruses to people?

7. I am a Guthrie Registered

haha i just loved the email you sent back to him...bravo

8. Dolly Cro Registered

He sent one to stringsbatman from what I remember reading.

9. baTT Shark Repellent Supplier

It would be nice to see something happen, even if it is just a trailer to let us know, ya the movie is still here.

10. JokerCam Registered

I'm assume those lucky enough to work at theatres or even luckier, ones who work in the projection room will be seeing the march trailer before us when it gets digitally sent to the theatres. Would be nice to have a description of it :woot:

11. Grinning-smile Registered

Yeah that'd be pretty swish, but alas the very same trailers that get sent digitally also have to be digitally unlocked by the studios, hence no peeky peeky before release dates.

12. baTT Shark Repellent Supplier

Actually friends of mine used to work at movie theatres, its usually the day or two before it comes out and they test the reels to make sure they are ok. Employees used to sit and watch on their time off, at least it used to work like that.

The DLP theatres are just getting here, and I have no ideas about those ones.

13. Nodwarves4u Registered

THanks. I am yet again clinging my hopes to a date. Foolish I know, but I am in a withdraw coma. We addicts need something.

14. tuffenoughtoroc Vegan Power!

At least these past couple of months have been going by fast.

15. Pennyworth Registered

yeah, sorta of...less than 5 months till the movie, so that is good. But I feel like it's been forever since anything viral has cropped up. It was December 4th when I got the last message from "We are the Answer":

Due to the overwhelming citizen response, we at We Are The Answer are pouring through an avalanche of police corruption tips. We should be through with the current backlog of tips by the very beginning of the New Year.

It would've been cool to get an update from them...or something from the Joker phones that lead everyone to something new...or something Valentines Day related, or Presidents Day...or...oh whatever. I still have hope since there is time left, but checking my email and this site everyday hoping for some new viral fun is starting to get old.

Oh well, bigger problems in life I suppose....:cwink:

100th post! :D

16. assassinsilence Registered

yea it would. wait how did u get banned?

17. Snoo Clark's loyal friend

I'm in a coma on top of a coma! Or in a coma that's part of another coma... Whatever it is, I'm sure you can relate. :yay:

My "fear" is I'll stop checking the boards for a week or two and that's when the viral will begin again and I'll miss it! It did worry me a little this past week when I wasn't online at all and luckily nothing happened while I was away but the nature of the virals is such that they can happen anytime and anywhere... So easy to miss all the fun if you're not watching closely. At least these boards.

I really don't want to miss the last viral(s). I worry there won't be another viral but what worries me more is that it'll happen and I'll miss it!

18. I am a Guthrie Registered

i just hope that they start up a viral sometime before the release of the film and then one more before the DVD release

19. Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    Ya, wither Heath was dead or alive, it did seem alittle too joker oriented.

20. MissHush Princess

i can't even fathom that far ahead in life. :cwink: but i still feel the WB is taking this heath thing too far. yes, it's sad he passed, but he's still in the movie so don't take everything away from his glory!

21. Marx Pixelated

I think it would be interesting to start seeing "I believe in Harvey Dent" political ads and tv spots. After all, it is election season!

22. tuffenoughtoroc Vegan Power!

It would be hilarious if people took that seriously..."who is this harvey dent fella?" lol

23. Pennyworth Registered

Some subtle print ads would be brilliant...not necessarily in USAToday or anything, but mixed into the free city papers. Or put up some ads, plastered all over the subway or bus station etc...

I imagine they hoped for similar effect with the Gotham Times...that people might leave them in high traffic areas, and build buzz.

24. Marx Pixelated

Exactly. And I'm sure there would be some who aren't necessarily all that familiar with Batman and would think it's serious. It would be great nonetheless. :lmao:

25. assassinsilence Registered

Thats pretty damn brilliant if they did that