Comics Official WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN Discussion Thread

I'm liking the storyline. If even has me excited for the return of a certain character seen in the covers. As I said before kid Frankenstein has grown on me got a feeling he will start walking the line between villan and goodie. Anyway really wished they just repowered former mutants. Eye kid serious oh he can see different spectrums. Two eyes could do that!!!

I am still enjoying this....maybe too much. I don't know if I would say its "off track"....fighting Frankenstien fits in with Brood pregnant Kitty, Hellfire kids, Logan in a wheelchair, intergalatic games....right?

I don't think so. All those other things felt XMen-y. This Frankenstein thing feels like Aaron lost a bet or something. I'm still stickin' with it, but I'm ready for this arc to be done.

I also miss Kid Gladiator :(

where is kid gladiator? warbird is still on earth.. (sorry..i don't keep up with this title..or anything with Wolverine headlining)

His father took him from Earth during AvX cuz he feared for his safety.

I don't think so. All those other things felt XMen-y. This Frankenstein thing feels like Aaron lost a bet or something. I'm still stickin' with it, but I'm ready for this arc to be done.

I also miss Kid Gladiator :(

Kid Gladiator was awesome, wonder when they will bring him back.....

WOLVXMENAU2011027_COV_col.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #27AU
MATT KINDT (W) • PACO MEDINA (A)
COVER BY MIKE DEODATO
• An AGE OF ULTRON tie-in (make sure you read #6 first!)
• Wolverine and the Invisible Woman find themselves in the Avengers' past!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Wolverine-and-the-X-Men-28-MAIM-variant.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #28
JASON AARON (W) • RAMON PEREZ (A/C)
MANY ARMORS OF IRON MAN VARIANT BY Alex Maleev
• Dog Logan, Wolverine's half-brother from the classic ORIGIN, has defeated Wolverine and taken charge of the Jean Grey School Students.
• Which student won't be coming home?

Honestly I dropped this book after AvX. Whereas the other X-books feel more vital, and serious, this just seems to be a collection of silly comedic hijinks and cartoonish tales. Has it gotten better? I think it started off strong, but it doesnt feel as relevant or important as it was in Regenesis

Nope, still quite pointless. Shame considering how awesome it was at the beginning.

prv14917_cov.jpg

prv14917_pg1.jpg

prv14917_pg2.jpg

prv14917_pg3.jpg

prv14917_pg4.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #24
Jason Aaron (W) • TBA (A)
Cover by RAMÓN K. PÉREZ
• DATE NIGHT!
• Kitty and Iceman! Storm and Wolverine?

WOLVXM2013028_cov_col.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #29
JASON AARON (W) • RAMON PEREZ (A/C)
• See the Jean Grey School of the future!
• The students of JGS put a time-capsule together that you can follow into the future and see what happened to all your favorite X-Men.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

WOLVXMEN2012030cov_col.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #30
JASON AARON (W) • PASQUAL FERRY (A)
Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
• PRELUDE TO THE HELLFIRE SAGA!
• Students are missing and Wolverine and Rachel Summers intensify their search for the Hellfire Club.
• Beast goes to the SWORD orbital HQ to ask an X-Villain for help with Broo’s sad state.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Oh boy I wish I was still excited in this series but those previews don't make it look any better

I'm still enjoying this book. The shift has been made where now All-New and the new Uncanny are the flagship sister titles, but I feel like this is the add-on to All-New X-Men. All-New shows you what the adults/X-Men at the Jean Grey are dealing with while WatX is the focus on the students. Same characters (more or less), different angle.

I never really cared for the kids post Gen X so them being a focus doesnt interest me

I never really cared for the kids post Gen X so them being a focus doesnt interest me
I never read Gen X but I thought Academy X was great. I've only read parts of Kyle and Yost's New X-Men.

Still digging the book for the most part, thought the stuff with Quentin worked really well last issue. My biggest complaint is that it seems to get sidetracked..

Jesus Christ, I thought Dog was just a human. How old should he be by now?

He is human I think they said he got lost in the time stream.

I figured they were referring to the older version who was clearly time travelling.

LOL There isn't still people who think Dog and Sabertooth do they? Cause I got a comic I want them to read :oldrazz:

I'm still enjoying this book. The shift has been made where now All-New and the new Uncanny are the flagship sister titles, but I feel like this is the add-on to All-New X-Men. All-New shows you what the adults/X-Men at the Jean Grey are dealing with while WatX is the focus on the students. Same characters (more or less), different angle.

I feel the same way, this is still a fun book and is a nice tie into all the other X-books. I like the focus on the younger X-Men and the X-Men featured in this book are all of my favorite characters. Aaron's writing is still good and I feel that this book is only going to keep getting better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"