Comics Official WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN Discussion Thread

prv15608_cov.jpg

prv15608_pg1.jpg

prv15608_pg2.jpg

prv15608_pg3.jpg

prv15608_pg4.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #26
Jason Aaron (W) • Ramon Perez (A/C)
• Jason Aaron and Eisner-Award winning best artist Ramón Pérez continue the arc that readers will remember for years to come.
• Dog Logan is back and Wolverine is in for a world of hurt.
• The students are on their own in the Savage Land with no supervision. Uh-oh.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

So what's Dog's deal? Why is he hunting Wolverine? And since when did Logan have a brother?

wolvxm2013031_cov_col_02.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #31
JASON AARON (W) • NICK BRADSHAW (A/C)
Wolverine Costume Variant By Ryan Stegman
HELLFIRE SAGA PART 1!
• Welcome to the Hellfire Academy, there’s little chance you’ll survive the experience.
• The most villainous school you’ve ever seen has its grand opening. With teachers like Mystique, Sauron, Mojo, Wendigo and Master Pandemonium there’s no limit to the terrible things you’ll learn.
• Can Wolverine and the X-Men find the school before their kidnapped students are turned into villains?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

WOLVXM2011032_cov_col.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #32
HELLFIRE SAGA PART 2!
• Wolverine has plans for the Bamfs…
• Meet the new Hellions!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

So what's Dog's deal? Why is he hunting Wolverine? And since when did Logan have a brother?

In the Origins series it was revealed that Wolverine (James) had a brother...and his momma was, well, lets just say she had a few kids.....

wolvxm2013031_cov_col_02.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #31
Wolverine Costume Variant By Ryan Stegman
HELLFIRE SAGA PART 1!
• Welcome to the Hellfire Academy, there’s little chance you’ll survive the experience.
• The most villainous school you’ve ever seen has its grand opening. With teachers like Mystique, Sauron, Mojo, Wendigo and Master Pandemonium there’s no limit to the terrible things you’ll learn.
• Can Wolverine and the X-Men find the school before their kidnapped students are turned into villains?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

evil dopplegangers of the jg academy kids?

Wonder if this new Hellfire club is the one that Mystique is recruiting for in the All-New X-Men? She got a new member in the last issue of ANX........

This series is still alot of fun, but Sauron...dude....that costume is whack. Can those meat hooks you call fingers actually open that little pocket?

prv15801_cov.jpg

prv15801_pg1.jpg

prv15801_pg2.jpg

prv15801_pg3.jpg

prv15801_pg4.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #27
Jason Aaron (W) • Ramon Perez (A/C)
• Jason Aaron and Eisner-Award winning best artist Ramón Pérez continue the arc that readers will remember for years to come.
• Dog Logan is back and Wolverine is in for a world of hurt.
• The students are on their own in the Savage Land with no supervision. Uh-oh.
32 PGS. /Rated T+ …$3.99

HOW do these sh_tt_y artists get jobs at marvel??? (of course I can't draw at all and I understand that a lot of work gets put into it..but..it's just so...ugly)

Last edited:
The art does seem rushed OutcryX, and comics like All-New X-Men spoil me to these artists who seem to rush through their pages. Comics like Astonishing X-Men just frustrate me because the art is just so bad. ANX, Bradshaw's art, Davis from the new Wolverine and Cho on Savage Wolverine are my favorites right now.

Yeah this guy isn't doing this book any favors.

Did this book drop down on the list of Marvel priorities or something? It started a new awesome era of X-men comics, but is falling far behind now.

Beast looks hilariously awful.

The main problem I have is that they are drawing Beast a bunch of different ways....they are just not consistant in his new look......

Well it's really that only this book and All-New have been seen showing Beast in his new form. The only other book that I can think of that Beast appears in is New Avengers and the editors could easily say that arc takes place before his transformation.

^That is true, but the styles of his look are so different from one another. I am okay with the look, but enjoy the All-New version better.

Issues 25, 26, and 27 have been it for me - I'm done with this book. It has slowly been losing my interest issue by issue.

It's like just as "weird" as Morrison's New X-Men, but somehow doesn't have the depth complexity or heart. I'm just not interested anymore.

To me its just a bad story. It has lost its steam since AvX, but I still enjoyed the Frankenstein story for what it was. But this story, I really don't care bout Dog or his agenda. I want to go back to reading about Broo, Angel, Evan, and Quentin.

I hate Sprite, Shark Girl and Eye Boy. No offense but this is what they always do with the Kids with the exception of Indi has become the new Pixie they created new kids then discard them and create others. The school is full of characters who should be allowed to shine as well as new mutants. Should we not be dealing with the lights storyline post AVX. Are they still loyal to Hope in that weird way or with the Phoenix power distributed around the world are they free? I think the book was fun now it is going through a slump of sorts that all the books tend to go through.

I just wish each book would kind of stay in line with each other for example all New mention Cap being away yet he still is running about in Uncanny Avengers. I know we don't read all the same books but a wee bit of streamlining like this would go amiss. Sorry got of point a bit lol

I dropped it after AvX and it sucks to hear that things haven't improved. I kinda feel like they could just cancel this book. It really isn't needed anymore, with All New X-men taken the place as the new flagship title for the school. I really don't find the kids all that compelling to need a book revolved around them

WOLVXMEN2011033_cover_col.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #33
X-MEN 50TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE
THE HELLFIRE SAGA CONTINUES!
• Searching for answers of how the JGS students left the school, the X-Men look to the very ground they walk on.
• The X-Men discover that Krakoa, the island that walks like a man, can fight like one, too.
• Meanwhile, Quentin remains the most sought-after student at the Hellfire Academy.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Did anyone pick up the WATX 27AU? I thought it was pretty cool.......

I have no interest in the Age of Ultron, so I decided to save the 3.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"