Comics Official WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN Discussion Thread

WOLVXMEN2011035-DC11-LR-82f89.jpg

WOLVXMEN2011035-int-LR-1-5b9a5.jpg

WOLVXMEN2011035-int-LR-2-0f635.jpg

WOLVXMEN2011035-int-LR-3-a472b.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #35
JASON AARON (W) • NICK BRADSHAW (A/C)
THE HELLFIRE SAGA CONCLUDES!
• Wolverine and the X-Men face Mystique, Sabretooth and the Hellfire Club!
• What fate awaits the Jean Grey School students who joined the New Hellions?
• The WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN landscape is redefined!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I was still one of the supports of this book, but even my loyalty is starting to wear thin. I had high hopes for this story and it let me down. On a base level the title still entertains to a point but, like others have already said, it's lost its charm somewhere after AvX.

Has there been any indication from Marvel that Aaron would be leaving this title for Amazing X-Men, or that this title will be ending by the time Amazing is up and running?

I still dug it, but I definitely see what your saying. I was expecting a bit more.

This book made me a much bigger fan of Quentin and Idie. I like that a majority of it still focuses on the students. Theres some dumb ass ones in there, but overall I prefer them to the newbies in All New X-Men minus Tempus. Was actually hoping Aaron would follow up with where Remender left Genesis and Deadpool. Could have some funny stuff with Wade playing mentor.

So what the hell was the deal with Husk after all this? She just had too many layers or somthing?

Last edited:
So what happened with that Wolverine and Storm making out in the shower?

So what happened with that Wolverine and Storm making out in the shower?

They are caught sleeping together in the latest Deadpool issue. Don't think I've seen anything else regarding the two. At least that I can remember.

I heard their relationship was also shown in Cornell's Wolverine story dealing with his lost healing factor.

WOLVXMEN2011039_cov.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN # 39
JASON AARON (W) • PEPE LARRAZ (A)
Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
• The effects of BATTLE OF THE ATOM continue to be felt!
• WOLVERINE AND CYCLOPS VS. SENTINELS!
• What does this have to do with SHIELD?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

so um...cancel this book. or drop wolverine from it and re-name it Generation X and bring in that old crew alongside all the teams of newbies that were created after them.

WOLVXMEN2011036-DC11-LR-9e0df.jpg

WOLVXMEN2011036-int-LR-1-419b7.jpg

WOLVXMEN2011036-int-LR-2-df2d1.jpg

WOLVXMEN2011036-int-LR-3-dbd5c.jpg

WOLVXMEN2011036-int-LR-4-bae7e.jpg

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #36
JASON AARON (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A)
Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
Variant by KRIS ANKA
Lego Variant by CHRISTOPHER JONES
SKETCH Lego Variant Also Available
BATTLE OF THE ATOM PART 5!
• The end of the first month ends with a huge twist! NO SPOILERS!
• The fate of the All-New X-Men is decided here!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

i hate when they get bad artists to draw in these big crossovers

I think it's more an artist with a bad inker/colorist. This is the same guy who drew X-Infernus and that book was gorgeous. At least this guy is more inline with all the previous artists. Bachalo looks completely out of place in this crossover.

Well Jubilee kind of got me if she's a Vampire she still should look as she is now then.

i also noticed...so Jubilee is never cured of her vampirism??

In that timeline, no. Doesn't mean it won't ever happen .

I need for it to happen soon. Jubilee was interesting BEFORE she was turned into a vampire.

WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN #40
Jason Aaron (W) • Pepe Larraz (A)
COVER by Nick Bradshaw
• Battle of the Atom is over -- but the battle for the future of mutankind has just begun!
• For months, S.H.I.E.L.D. has had designs on the Jean Grey school -- now they make their presence known!
• All this, and Cyclops vs. Wolverine as Jason Aaron (THOR) and Pepe Larraz (ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN) bring you the action!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

WOLVXMEN2011037-DC11-LR-eb6eb.jpg

WOLVXMEN2011037-int-LR3-1-e428e.jpg

WOLVXMEN2011037-int-LR3-2-f1f54.jpg

WOLVXMEN2011037-int-LR3-3-03fba.jpg

Story by
Jason Aaron
Art by
Giuseppe Camuncoli, Andrew Currie
Colors by
Matt Milla
Cover by
Arthur Adams, Kris Anka
Publisher
Marvel Comics
Cover Price:
$3.99
Release Date
Wed, October 23rd, 2013

X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM, PART 9!

• All of the X-Men (present & future) and their adversaries are reeling from the events of Part 8!

• With the adversaries’ Plan A squashed, they turn to their far more sinister Plan B on the grounds of the X-Men’s first adventure!

"They did it again, slipped right out from under us. Just like that time on the moon in '33."

Wow. Hello 80's writing, nice to see you make a comeback.

Seriously. So much of what I just read sounded like awful writing.

WOLVXM2013041_cov.jpg

WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN #41 & 42
JASON AARON (W) • NICK BRADSHAW & PEPE LARRAZ (A)
Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
SCHOOL'S OUT FOREVER! FINAL ISSUES!
• It's the end of the year for the Jean Grey school – but where do our graduates go from here? And who will have survived the experience?!
• Jason Aaron, Pepe Larraz & Nick Bradshaw bring the story of the Jean Grey school to a close!
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T ...$3.99 (EACH)

UPDATE 11/14/2013 12:30 PM PT: On his personal blog, Jason Aaron has addressed the end of "Wolverine and the X-Men," citing his full schedule as the reason the series will draw to a close in February.

"I've been writing the post-'Battle of the Atom' arc of 'WatXM' as my goodbye to that series and to the Jean Grey School," Aaron wrote. "Believe me, it wasn't easy for me to step away from this book. I've loved building that school and writing those characters, both the students and the teachers, as much as I've loved anything I've done in comics. But the school itself isn't going anywhere."

Aaron also thanked the readers for supporting an unconventional X-Men series.

"Thank you for embracing such an offbeat X-series," he wrote. "42 issues of Bamfs and Doop and sentient lawns? I love you all for helping make that happen."

Original story:

Marvel Comics' "Wolverine and the X-Men" is set to end in February 2014 with issues #41 and #42, as revealed in the publisher's latest round of solicitations.

If the series is truly ending -- rather than being prepped for a quick relaunch with a new #1, as Marvel is doing that same month with "Wolverine" and "Fantastic Four" -- it would presumably be for creative reasons, not financial ones. In the October 2013 sales estimates, "Wolverine and the X-Men" #37 -- part of the "Battle of the Atom" crossover -- ranked at No. 25 on the single-issue chart.

"Wolverine and the X-Men" launched in October 2011 from the creative team of Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo, following the "Schism" event that divided the X-Men into two squads; one led by Cyclops, one by Wolverine. Aaron has written the series in its entirety, joined by artists including Nick Bradshaw, Ramón Pérez, Giuseppe Camuncoli and Jorge Molina.

The series focuses on the students and faculty of the Wolverine-led Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, and has been praised for bringing a more a lighthearted sense of fun to the X-books. Much of the adult cast of the book also stars in the Aaron-written, Ed McGuinness-illustrated ongoing series "Amazing X-Men," which debuted last week.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=49140

about time. well...thats now two books idie has been that have been canned. time for these kids to be forgotten like all the others...or at least until the relaunch/rebranding

Both Cyclops and Wolverine's X-Men think
Mystique/
Dazzler is a uncle tom :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"