Comics Official X-FACTOR Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
squeekness said:
I just can't figure out if Layla is supposed to be a god guy or bad guy in this.

I think she clearly explains it to that assassin she stops in issue #3.

Layla Miller said:
I have to make sure X-factor never finds out the truth behind Decimation. I have to make sure it sticks.

See? Bad guy(girl). She might not like being the bad guy which is what makes it seem like she is in-between.

And X-Factor Civil War Preview:
Civil War has divided X-Factor in half with some supporting the Superhuman Registration Act and the other half wanting to take a stand against it in X-Factor #9. Now it’s up to Madrox to make a decision that will decide the future of X-Factor and whether it stands or falls apart.

You want more? How about a special guest appearance by the Astonishing X-Men? And how will X-Factor react upon learning the secret that Cyclops, Beast, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, and Wolverine have kept from them?

Still want even more? As if an escalating war and the most popular team in comics wasn’t enough, the person behind the House of M and the resulting Decimation of many of the world’s mutants has arrived in Mutant Town. And it falls to X-Factor to keep Quicksilver from turning the town upside down in X-Factor #9.

Quicksilver has resurfaced in Mutant Town offering former mutants the chance to regain their powers, but what happens when he gives the same offer to the depowered Rictor? Will he accept and if he does, what price will he have to pay?

You’ve got questions and X-Factor #9 has the answers. Do not miss the second part of the Civil War tie-in that has dangerous consequences for the future of X-Factor.

X-FACTOR #9 (MAY062009)
Written by PETER DAVID
Penciled by DENNIS CALERO
Cover by RYAN SOOK
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99
FOC – 6/29, On Sale 7/19/2006

xfactor9.jpg

xfactor9-1.jpg

xfactor9-2.jpg

xfactor9-9.jpg

xfactor9-10.jpg

xfactor9-15.jpg

so... anyone gonna tell us what happened?

The issues keep getting better and better, seriously. There's not been a real lull in the story at all. Just from reading David's comments in this issue's letters page, I can't wait to see what happens in issues 10-12, and...

Heh. A personal pet peeve of comic book companies in general, and Marvel especially. Look at the last letter - the kid asking why there were no O.N.E. Sentinels impacting X-Factor Investigations, and no one came to round them up like the 198 mini showed. David's answer was along the lines of there being nothing in place for writers to have much of an idea as to what other writers are doing. Yeah, you know, because otherwise comics might have a bit of consistency between issues. Who'd want that? :rolleyes:

But, aside from that, this issue had a few bombs dropped, and I eagerly await what happens with Quicksilver meeting them.

Loved the Lyla/ Quicksliver Exchange Priceless. I found one thing I didn't like the way M was drawn at her reaction to Agent Madrox, I mean she looked way too old. She's what 18 at most supposidly?

Generation Lee said:
Loved the Lyla Quicksliver Exchange Priceless found one thing I didn't like the way M was drawn at her reaction to Agenat Madrox I mean she looked way too old. She's what 18 at most supposidly?
Use some punctuation, Lee. Do you know how many sentences you have between "Loved" and "old"?

Anyway, I always thought it was weird that M looked like such an adult under Calero's (and even Sook's) penciling. She's barely legal. Has Jubilee been stealing her youth, or something? (It'd probably explain why Jubes has been aging backward.)

Ugh. Cliffhangers. I hate them. :o

I cannot wait for the next issue. The previews look amazing. It's great that the X-Men are making an appearance. It's war.

I did like the Layla/Quicksilver confrontation.

The Guido/Layla short conversation was hilarious, yet sweet. Mysterious, that girl is. We need another Layla X-Factor issue. We barely scratched the surface.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
The Guido/Layla short conversation was hilarious, yet sweet. Mysterious, that girl is. We need another Layla X-Factor issue. We barely scratched the surface.

That was fantastic, and a great literary reference by David. She says to Guido, "Atlas shrugged," causing him to walk away with Madrox, commenting on how weird she is. Then, close to the issue's end, she makes the mention to someone (I don't have the issue with me at the moment) that she has the weight of the world on her shoulders. That's just yummy.

I went to the comic shop to buy issue 8 and it was sold out...I have to wait until next week to get it.....:mad:

X-Factor is really a great title, far better then I ever expected it to be. What I love about it is how character driven the story is. I think is exactly why I've never became a huge fan of the other X-men titles like I wanted to be. I love character driven stories and X-Factor seems to be very character driven. It doesn't come off as action with character interactiosn wrapped around it. It seems to be the other way around and that's exactly what I'm looking for.

If the past X-Factor series are like this I might just have to look for them.

Layla and Quicksilver's talk was pretty good, bad place the whole thing was good. Just still have to get used to the art work but that's another thing that sets it apart. It isn't as if I'm reading some huge picture show, it's the actual characters that drive the book and make it interesting, not so much the art like some other titles where that gets the main focus.

MoPlaYa43 said:
I went to the comic shop to buy issue 8 and it was sold out...I have to wait until next week to get it.....:mad:

Tell me about it. I had to go to a couple of different places to get it.

Effect said:
X-Factor is really a great title, far better then I ever expected it to be. What I love about it is how character driven the story is. I think is exactly why I've never became a huge fan of the other X-men titles like I wanted to be. I love character driven stories and X-Factor seems to be very character driven. It doesn't come off as action with character interactiosn wrapped around it. It seems to be the other way around and that's exactly what I'm looking for.

If the past X-Factor series are like this I might just have to look for them.

Layla and Quicksilver's talk was pretty good, bad place the whole thing was good. Just still have to get used to the art work but that's another thing that sets it apart. It isn't as if I'm reading some huge picture show, it's the actual characters that drive the book and make it interesting, not so much the art like some other titles where that gets the main focus.
Alias was one of my favorite books so I was able to get used to this kind of artwork. I normally like ultra real stuff as a rule, but thanks to Alias, I don't really mind the art in this book. Like Alias, it's the writing that's the real gem. I admit to being somewhat frustrated and bored with the regular X-books lately (with the exception of Astonishing) so this book is a welcome change of pace. I have to thanks Specter, GNR, and Power Ranger for talking me into it. :)

i just read the Madrox series and it was FANTASTIC!!! PAD RULES!!!

COMICBOY said:

Yeah I read the series about a week ago and it was great. I'm bummed because I have yet to get my hands on the latest X-Factor. Damn 4th of July has pushed back shipping to my comicbook store!

Sean Madrox said:
Yeah I read the series about a week ago and it was great. I'm bummed because I have yet to get my hands on the latest X-Factor. Damn 4th of July has pushed back shipping to my comicbook store!

Same here....:mad: :(

COMICBOY said:

Speaking of, since they're still looking for a new regular artist on this title, what would everyone think of the artist for the Madrox mini, Pablo Raimondi, taking over as the main penciller?

Specter313 said:
Speaking of, since they're still looking for a new regular artist on this title, what would everyone think of the artist for the Madrox mini, Pablo Raimondi, taking over as the main penciller?

Dude,That would be awesome!!...I love his artwork

Loved his art I thought it was a hybrid of Noir and Comic and you could make everything out lol.

Generation Lee said:
Loved his art I thought it was a hybrid of Noir and Comic and you could make everything out lol.

I know. I loved Sook on this, it really fit the tone. Calero is fine most of the time, but after Sook, it doesn't really stand out as much, and I certainly wouldn't mind going back to Pablo.

I`m pissed off because all the comic shops in my area are sold out of issue 8...I`ll never get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :(

Finally got to reading #8. Loved it, as usual. Can't wait for #9.

I hope they stick with Calero or Sook. Pablo's art was great, but I don't think it fits the book.

Also, I was kinda miffed to read in the letters page that Marvel is still lacking big time in the organisatorial part of the field (the whole bit with the Sentinels and stuff).

xfactor_12.jpg

X-FACTOR #12
Written by PETER DAVID
Penciled by RENATO ARLEM
Cover by RYAN SOOK
It all climaxes here: The final showdown with Mr. Tryp and Singularity, X-Factor’s desperate race to save all the former mutants from annihilation, and the truth behind the shocking traitor in their midst.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Anyone read #9 yet? I gotta say I didn't see the divsion between
Cyclops
and
Madrox
coming... well, not to this degree anyway. They basically both told each other to p!ss off.
Madrox
has come a long way in character development!

I thought the little exchange between Layla and Madrox was priceless, absolutely priceless. When she tells him "because someday we'll be married", I couldn't help but chuckle. I love her character. I am curious to see why she thought it was so important to keep the truth of M Day from X-Factor though.

One additional thought about that, Cyclops said that the reason he was keeping M-Day a secret was because he didn't want it to be public knowledge that one lone mutant had enough power to reshape the world for fear it would drive normal humans to hate and fear mutants more. But if you think about it there were many heroes who retained their memories so Cyke had to expect that someday the information would leak, which it has since now SHIELD knows the truth.

The other thing I didn't fully understand from the issue is how Cyclops, and X-Factor, could let
Quicksilver just set up shop in Mutant Town. The man was responsible for M Day! How could they just look the other way? Clearly he is bad news now and allowing him to roam free should've been an obviously bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"