Comics Official X-FORCE Discussion Thread - Part 1

XFORCE2014005COV-col-f0b0e.jpg

X-FORCE #5
SIMON SPURRIER (W) • JORGE MOLINA (A/C)
• X-Force comes face-to-face with Volga, the mastermind who’s been weaponizing superhumans and using them in the undercover war that’s being waged across the globe.
• But little does X-Force know that Volga has already weaponized one of their own...
• …And by the time this issue is through, one member of X-Force will meet their end!
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

wait...already killing off members? They had better not had brought Marrow back to off her...but Fantomex JUST came back from being dead...and Cable keeps dying and returning( he must get that genetic trait from Madelyn/Jean) that leaves Betsy...

XFORCE2014006-cov-ae452.jpg

X-FORCE #6
SIMON SPURRIER (W) • JORGE MOLINA (A/C)
• The explosive conclusion of the first arc of X-FORCE!
• The unthinkable has occurred! One of the team is dead and the others are held captive by their newest foe: the swaggering oligarch VOLGA.
• Struggling to save their own lives, X-Force’s secrets come to light as they use everything in their arsenal to survive.
• But when the dust settles, will these revealed truths ultimately tear them apart?

With the addition of Meme to the team, I'm just about done with this book. Never seen a book where the art and story were equally terrible. Bravo!

With the addition of Meme to the team, I'm just about done with this book. Never seen a book where the art and story were equally terrible. Bravo!

There's a new artist starting at issue 4 or 5. Hopefully it will pick up after that

XFORCE2014007COV-col-dd040.jpg

X-FORCE #7
SIMON SPURRIER (W)
ROCK-HE KIM (A/C)
• X-Force has barely survived an encounter with their newest foe—the swaggering superhuman arms dealer VOLGA…
• …and with their secrets brought to light, they’re barely surviving EACH OTHER. How will Cable’s team keep it together to carry out their mission?
• Well I can tell you part of the answer: DOMINO is back! But she could just be in over her head already…

how did Marrow get her powers back? i prefer her with them..she is pretty pointless without them..but still..how did she get them back?

how did Marrow get her powers back? i prefer her with them..she is pretty pointless without them..but still..how did she get them back?

I have to read up on the last issue, but I don't think it's been fully explained yet. It was confirmed she is no longer a mutant though. Experimentation seems to be route they are going.

That last issue was pretty boring. Outcry, to answer your question, Marrow apparently went to some Russian "Power Broker" type guy who restored her powers but it cost her her baby.

ahhh ok. thank you! good. she needed to lose baby anyways. Marrow is BACK! ....now...we need maggot....

XFORCE2014008-cov-d9a9c.jpg

X-FORCE #8
SIMON SPURRIER (W)
ROCK-HE KIM (A/C)
• Every country employs covert superhumans to protect their interests.
• And while pursuing the foe who killed one of their own, X-Force is about to run afoul of the United Kingdom's superhuman operatives: PETE WISDOM and MI13!
• In this game of spy versus spy, how can X-Force manage to outplay the best spy there is?
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

XFORCE2014009COV-col-4d02d.jpg

X-FORCE #9
SIMON SPURRIER (W) • ROCK-HE KIM (A/C)
• In the deserts of Afghanistan, X-Force has found a lead that could help them track down the villain who killed one of their own.
• But standing in their way is Britain’s own team of superhuman operatives: MI13!
• As the two factions come to blows, little do they know that a third player threatens to wipe them all off the board…

XFORCE2014012-cov-c5b91.jpg

X-FORCE #12
SIMON SPURRIER (W) • ROCK-HE KIM (A/C)
“ENDS/MEANS” Part 2 of 5!
• Fantomex’s compulsion to be THE BEST has put him at odds with X-Force! Turning on his former teammates, can a squad of killers hope to escape science’s perfect living weapon?
• Also! The true identity of the villain X-Force has been pursuing is revealed…and it’s an all-too familiar face…

So I guess[BLACKOUT] Hope[/BLACKOUT] is the new leader of X-Force.

Really don't like how they have handled Fantomex post Remender.

Last edited:
So I guess[BLACKOUT] Hope[/BLACKOUT] is the new leader of X-Force.

Really don't like how they have handled Fantomex post Remender.

I agree with the whole Fantomex thing. The final issue of this series just came out, the final panel is meant to be good but I haven't kept up with the last few issues. Shame to see it cancelled. I liked the style but the overall story was weak imo

X-Force will be back, the series just got a new leader. We have had a ton of volumes in the past 5 years that have got relaunched. Hope they go with something more like the Yost/Kyle run personally. Time for another change.

X-Force will be back, the series just got a new leader. We have had a ton of volumes in the past 5 years that have got relaunched. Hope they go with something more like the Yost/Kyle run personally. Time for another change.

I could get behind that, I really liked the Yost/Kyle run. I've actually stayed away from X-force in its last couple of runs (haven't read it since Remender stopped writing it). And from the sound of it, I haven't really missed anything. The last couple volumes just haven't really appealed to me. And def, you and me seem to be in agreement that the X-books in general just need a change, hopefully that will happen post-Secret Wars. I'd kind of like it if Kyle/Yost took over as the primary architects of the X-books, I've liked all of their X-men related work so far (X-Force, New X-men, X-23). I was really happy when they were brought in as the writers on Amazing X-men.

Would really like to see them back in some form. Loved New X-Men.

But yeah, overall I would like to see a completely new direction and style for the X books. Fell like these current volumes have had their time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"