Comics Official X-MEN: LEGACY Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harlekin said:
A) I think they should retire Wolverine.
B) I hate Storm, so yes, retirement would be great.
C) Cycke was usually handled by capable writers, unlike Iceman.

A) I whole heartedly agree.
B) She's married now, so why chase after bad guys. That's hubby's full-time job now.
C) I agree 1000%.

It also comes down to if the writer likes Iceman or not. Most of the time it's not. Maybe that's why he's had that "bi-sexuality" rumor floating around him for so long. I can totally see how writers write him as being soft and passive, with a touch of warm light humor. And as a result, they indirectly write him with more ambiguous attributes. Even the artwork above implies this, with the way his hand is strategically placed in a feminine way.

Hopefully between Milligan's last issue or when the new writer takes over, we get some sense of when Iceman's gonna lose the spikes and regain control over his powers. I also hope in the next few months, we seem him "ice down" and look human.

Colossal Spoons said:
Hopefully between Milligan's last issue or when the new writer takes over, we get some sense of when Iceman's gonna lose the spikes and regain control over his powers. I also hope in the next few months, we seem him "ice down" and look human.

I'm tired of the same old slick, crystaline look. If he's going through a makeover, then he needs a new agressive look to match. And with any luck, Casey will play on the whole "out of control" powers and do something with them that we haven't seen yet... Like that "Molecular Inversion" process they hinted at during the AoA story. Basically, it involved him "teleporting" himself and/or others, via mist, or something like that, hundreds of miles per second.

As for Icing down, a lot of fans complained to Marvel about the solid ice mutation, so they solved it during House of M. Although now that he can change back to flesh, no one really knows if he's still at the Omega class level that he once was, with his "out of control powers" and whatnot..... We'll know in upcoming issues though.

sebita said:
just got 185... this sucks... Milligan go away already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fans have said NO NO And nO TO YOU!!!!

And to think the majority of this board was x-static (pun intended) when he was taking over.

Mar420x said:
*throws x-men #186 across the room* what a lame conclusion story nothing eXciting happened in this arc, but destorying gambit's future on the team.

To some of us, that is a great conclusion which could of only have been made better had he died.

Neptune said:
I am really impressed by this cover. The art is great. Mystique and Iceman? :eek:
The most uninspired coupling yet. No-
Iceman +Mystique= boring. He's weak and she's corrupt totally not redeemable in any way not loved by any except pervs

Iceman + rogue=We'll never know...
might have been interesting for some reason he would have made a fun altrernative from all the grief with Gambit- since i remember when he was there for her when she took a little trip away from the xmen (dont member if that was her tatooed phase.)

Iceman + Emma might have been interesting since obviously she pushes her men to be all they can be or whatever. I just haven't found him funny or interesting in a long time even tho I will always love that he was one of the 5 originals.

I wish Apocolpse had taken him instead of Remy...

danielisthor said:
To some of us, that is a great conclusion which could of only have been made better had he died.
:mad: It is not Gambit's fault he has been written poorly for so long.

ProfeZZor X said:
I'm tired of the same old slick, crystaline look. If he's going through a makeover, then he needs a new agressive look to match. And with any luck, Casey will play on the whole "out of control" powers and do something with them that we haven't seen yet... Like that "Molecular Inversion" process they hinted at during the AoA story. Basically, it involved him "teleporting" himself and/or others, via mist, or something like that, hundreds of miles per second.

As for Icing down, a lot of fans complained to Marvel about the solid ice mutation, so they solved it during House of M. Although now that he can change back to flesh, no one really knows if he's still at the Omega class level that he once was, with his "out of control powers" and whatnot..... We'll know in upcoming issues though.

Not that I mind the spikes, I just hate how they're such a random occurance. Let's hope we get some new feats in the future. I really liked his "megazord" trick a few months back when they were fighting the Collective Men.

Can anyone tell me what happened to Apocalypse & Gambit at the end of the issue?

Okay, then what was the last thing that happened with those two characters? That's all I'm asking.

Gambit pretty much walked off panel.

Apoc had some trippy suicide/escape scene involving the Celestials. I don't quite understand it so I can't explain. You'll have to check the issue for than one. :up:

moonstar said:
Iceman + Emma might have been interesting since obviously she pushes her men to be all they can be or whatever. I just haven't found him funny or interesting in a long time even tho I will always love that he was one of the 5 originals.

I wish Apocolpse had taken him instead of Remy...

There were past hints that Emma was interested in Iceman, but the writer never followed through with it.

I also thought Iceman should have been taken in by Apocalypse. He's been pushed around by his team mates, Emma screwed his powers up, Havok took his woman, and no one gives his respect... Who better to fill the Horseman roll than him.

I wouldn't really dig Iceman as a horseman but I was a Iceman/Emma Frost supporter for ages. Sadly, with the changes made to her by Morrison and her relationship to Cyclops, she and Iceman don't really fit anymore (I still like her, but she's not the Gen-X teacher we knew). They really should've followed up on that back then.

With Iceman, what's really keeping him from being writte to his fullest potential? Maybe we need an X-writer who really likes him on a book. Seems like all the X-writers let Cyclops, Wolverine, and whichever telepath is popular at the time get away with all the cool feats.

Colossal Spoons said:
With Iceman, what's really keeping him from being writte to his fullest potential? Maybe we need an X-writer who really likes him on a book. Seems like all the X-writers let Cyclops, Wolverine, and whichever telepath is popular at the time get away with all the cool feats.

You hit the nail right on the head.... No writer out there likes him enough to do anything with him, so year after year, he get pushed around into oblivion. There was even rumor that Claremont wanted to kill him off years ago, but Marvel absolutely refused to. Once that happens, that's the day I stop reading Marvel comics.... Seriously.

The only thing that's stopping him from reaching some of that near unlimited potential is a creative enough writer that's up to the task. And I don't know how strict the guidelines are over at Marvel, but he really needs a personality change into someone more fearless, and not affraid to use their powers more creatively, like the Human torch. Otherwise, he'll be stuck in that steriotypical "class clown" role forever, and that's sadly the only thing non fans will remember about him. Just like that whole "Emma took over his body" thing. What people don't understand are the other things that have happened to him before that, and since then.

Dropping Marvel comics because of Bobby's death is quite a claim. I don't like any character enough to do that and I'm one of the biggest Colossus fanmen you'll meet.

Sounds like Rogue's getting the revamp next; as she was in dire need of it. Hopefully Iceman'll follow.

Colossal Spoons said:
Dropping Marvel comics because of Bobby's death is quite a claim. I don't like any character enough to do that and I'm one of the biggest Colossus fanmen you'll meet.

Sounds like Rogue's getting the revamp next; as she was in dire need of it. Hopefully Iceman'll follow.

Aside Iceman, Colossus is next on my list, but I don't like him enough to stay with the book, even if Iceman was killed off. Casey is supposedly going to revamp both Iceman and Rogue in his run, so we'll see how that goes. I pray that it's not another lie, like so many of them consistently do when asked a direct question in their interviews.

Yeah, I like what they have in store for Rogue; the whole recalling all past absorbed powers thing.

Colossal Spoons said:
Yeah, I like what they have in store for Rogue; the whole recalling all past absorbed powers thing.
Are we sure that is what she is doing?
She might have just absorbe those powers from somewere.

Colossal Spoons said:

I don't know why it took them so long to do that.... But can she control her absorption powers now? Can she touch people without harming them yet?

ProfeZZor X said:
I don't know why it took them so long to do that.... But can she control her absorption powers now? Can she touch people without harming them yet?
It would be kinda sad if that happened now. Right after Gambit leeves.:(
I mean, it would be good for Rogue in a way, but, poor Gumbo.

Initially I would have said that Gambit going through what he just did and being taken out of the picture for a while like he has was a good idea (other than his own reasoning for doing what he did) as it would allow the crap that's been done with him to be alomst undone by forcing him to make some changes off page. Further, it would maybe result in some changes to Rogue - cos she hasnt been a rogue in years. She aint a powerhouse, she aint a scrapper, she's been a lovesick puppy dog.

Though it seems now that she will instead withdraw into herself. She wont be the girl who uses seduction and sultryness combined with her innocence because she cant use physical contact - shame...

Colossal Spoons said:

Will that be explained as a secondary mutation..... again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"