Days of Future Past Official X-Men Movie Timeline

i cant remember how long after TLS the wolverine was but i swear no one said it was 4 years

Mangold never gave a definitive answer on when The Wolverine occured after TLS.

so wolverine was still grieving after jean for 4 years, good god

maybe thats how its been worked out here but i doubt marigold worked it out that way lol

so wolverine was still grieving after jean for 4 years, good god

He wasn't still grieving.

It would take some time after the happy end of X3 (Wolverine smiling on the balcony, having found a home and a family at last) for everything to go bad and Logan to leave.

Did anyone else notice there's a line on the timeline for Jubilee?! WTH?

He wasn't still grieving.

It would take some time after the happy end of X3 (Wolverine smiling on the balcony, having found a home and a family at last) for everything to go bad and Logan to leave.

4 years (might be 5 with 2007 - 2013) is still a long time no matter how you look at it, and he wasn't gonna just wake up 2 years later and realise OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!

its likely he was living with it was years and took the events of the wolverine to finally get him to let jean go

From what I could make out it seems like now Last Stand happened around 2007 and The Wolverine around 2013.

Don't forget wolverine may have done a bit of travelling etc before landing in the airport to see some old friends

sooooooooo, Gambit and young Cyclops were on the same event in 1987 now.

Good move, this way they put them closer to original trilogy, and leaves the door open for Gambit to join present day X-Men. Since Gambit was just a few years older than Cyclops, but not a huge difference.

Still would be 56 in 2023 if was 20 in 1987.
Josh Holloway could play 50+ Gambit.

Shouldn't Magneto and Professor X be close a 100 years old during the dark and distant future with the Sentinels?

Still would be 56 in 2023 if was 20 in 1987.
Josh Holloway could play 50+ Gambit.

We dont need a present day sequel set in the same 2023.

And in any case, we should count all the supposed age of all the characters then...

and see how many of them are totally wrong, taking into account the real age of the actors today, lol

how old are supposed to be Charles and Erik on 2023?

And now Kitty Pryde are a 32 or so years old mutant? and Rogue? +40?

I need numbers, lol

Kitty and Rogue around the same age?

no way.

the questions here are when these characters were born. so I guess you are deciding the birth days according to your personal opinion, because we wont ever know the supposed age of these x-men on each movie.

Kitty was around 13.5 in her debut in team in comic, that's why I think she's 14 in TLS.
Rogue and Bobby aren't much older if Iceman is interested in Kitty. They're for sure still teenagers together with Colossus in TLS.

Kitty Pryde being 14 in TLS?!? :hehe:

Rogue, Kitty, Bobby and Colossus were all at least between 16-18 (I'm leaning closer to 18 or even 19) years old by the time TLS rolled around. I highly doubt they would let a group of 14-year-olds join the X-Men as full-fledged members.

I don't think you can just dismiss things like Quicksilver and Hank being in the wrong place in the timeline, at least not if you want to create an over-arcing plot.

Those are exactly the type of things you can dismiss, LOL. Seriously, these are things that 99.9999% of viewers never even noticed.

X1-3 builds up their friendship as this almost brotherly bond which went awry, whereas in First Class they know each other for what, a week? And then Magneto takes Xavier's adopted sister and deflects a bullet into his spine. I'd be pretty mad

I don't think the entirety of FC takes place in 7 days. More like weeks/months. And we have no idea what happens between FC and X1. Even if they went on different paths, they were likely still a part of each other's lives.

If the timeline of this series genuinely confuses you, and having it all laid out "doesn't help" and only "adds more questions", then I'm sorry to be blunt, but you simply WANT to feel that way.

Exactly. These are the people who refer to differences between comics and movies as "mistakes."

It's actually pretty amazing that it all fits together as well as it does, considering that when they were making X1 two decades ago they probably didn't envision the franchise being this big.

Shouldn't Magneto and Professor X be close a 100 years old during the dark and distant future with the Sentinels?

Damn near. If we say they're 25-30 in 1962, they'd be 85-90 in 2023.

I'm digging the timeline. Hopefully, it will finally put to rest all those 'DofP is rebooting the franchise' arguments which didn't jive with comments from Singer and Co. anyway.

What I understand from the timeline is that, in the AoA movie, will probably happen in the 80's (or at least I hope so...)
we will have a younger Jean and Scott along with Gambit...well if so, bring it on already!

That's nice of Empire, but I'm still good with never acknowledging Origins.

Kitty Pryde being 14 in TLS?!? :hehe:
Rogue, Kitty, Bobby and Colossus were all at least between 16-18 (I'm leaning closer to 18 or even 19) years old by the time TLS rolled around. I highly doubt they would let a group of 14-year-olds join the X-Men as full-fledged members.
You should read better what someone wrote, I meant Kitty, not the whole four.
Colossus, Iceman and Rogue are about 3-5 years older than Kitty.
That's how it was in comic, Kitty was 13 there when joined team.
Ma fault about Rogue's age, she was 17 in X1, not X3. So she's 35 in 2023.
Xavier was 17 in 1949, so he's 91 in 2023, and from BB we know Magneto was 80 in 2013, so he's 90 in 2023.

2007:
Magneto 74
Xavier 75
Rogue 17
Kitty 14

2023:
Magneto 90
Xavier 91
Rogue 33
Kitty 30

I am going with gene therapy from Trask Industries that may have ******ed the aging process for Charles/Eric, not that we need an explanation in the film. Besides, we don't even know what body the new Xavier resides in. If it's his twin, then they'd still be the same age, but that remains to be seen. Or maybe all mutants just age a bit slower? You could explain that the mutant gene have longer telomeres or something, which are redundant DNA at the end of chromosomes that act as a buffer to preserve genes during cellular division/mitosis.

I really don't think they'll jump until after the events of Origins: Wolverine for X-Men Apocalypse, which means no Scott, Ororo, Jean, and/or Remy (we could possibly see Jean were Singer to recreate the scene from TLS where Charles and Erik recruit her, but I'm not sure how likely that is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"