Days of Future Past Official X-Men Movie Timeline

those rumors a few days ago which i'm still abit if not very skeptical about said [BLACKOUT]jean would appear in this film[/BLACKOUT], if thats true they would be introducing her very early

I don't see them bringing in a teenage Jean shortly after the events in DoFP. Singer has already said those characters didn't fit in FC timeline wise, and they don't fit in the 70's either. If Apocalypse wakes up in the past in the new timeline, I think it would take a few years before he recruited all his Horsemen. I also don't think they will have one movie covering all that. I think I'd be an Apocalypse origins movie. If it takes place in the 70s, they could have Xavier, Beast, Gambit, Mystique, Magneto, and possibly Wolverine. I think they'd jump the timeline to the 80's however.

There's also little things, like in X3 where Logan is introduced to Beast.

Yet, we've seen some set/promo pics where those two are together.

Well clearly some things will be altered after DOFP. The nature of the story means that these films can't loop in a perfect circle. Looks like Singer will continue to progress the characters in the way that we expect, but some of the circumstances will be different.

I don't see them bringing in a teenage Jean shortly after the events in DoFP.

They couldn't anyways according to the official timeline. In order to use Jean in X:A, they'd have to leap-frog from 1973 to at least 1981, if not later, and would have to leap-frog even further than that in order to use Scott and/or Remy.

They could possibly use Ororo in X:A because we don't know exactly when Charles found her (as far as I know, anyway), but unless they do some massive leap-frogging, Scott, Jean, and Remy are 'out of bounds' just because of the timeframes they've set up with the official timeline.

In b4 Singer gives continuity the finger again and has teenage Scott and Jean whenever the sequel takes place.

^ Since Empire had to have gotten the official timeline directly from Singer and Co., I highly doubt that's going to happen.

did they actually get that from singer and Co or did that just come up with it themselves? purely just by looking at the films?

Last edited:
did they actually get that from singer and Co or did that just come up with it themselves? purely just by looking at the films?

They had to have gotten it directly from Singer and Co. because there are dates on it that don't match up with information given strictly in the films themselves (particularly some of the dating re: Origins: Wolverine).

the same stryker from DOFP 1973 will recruit wolverine in origins in 1975, we may have to ignore the age difference that stand out oddly

i dunno who from singer and co sat down and mapped this out for them

They put the Magneto/Xavier meets Jean at 1981 for a reason. And I bet that reason is so that she can be in the next movie.

If the timeline was true to what we saw on screen ('20 years ago') it would be 1987 when Xavier/Magneto went to her house.

The extra few years also gives her enough time to have trained to be a doctor by the time we meet her in X1.

I wouldn't rule anything out. If Singer wants a character badly enough, he'll introduce them sooner. My guess is we'll be in the 80's next time anyway.

There is about ,,Division X", they would have to read Bent Bullet to know it.

i dunno who from singer and co sat down and mapped this out for them

Probably Kinberg, since he'd have more time to do so than Singer.

I wouldn't rule anything out. If Singer wants a character badly enough, he'll introduce them sooner. My guess is we'll be in the 80's next time anyway.

I really doubt Singer's going to ignore a timeline that he had to have had a direct hand in establishing, even if he's not the one who mapped it out for Empire.

well reading it i just realised it says for 1987 that "xavier turns up to 3 mile island to take cyclops,silverfox and gambit under his wing" huh?

am not the most convinced by that part

well reading it i just realised it says for 1987 that "xavier turns up to 3 mile island to take cyclops,silverfox and gambit under his wing" huh?

I saw that too, and we know Gambit left in his plane. But maybe Xavier had gone there to get him.. or the compiler made a minor goof. It doesn't alter the overall picture. Stop looking for the flies at the picnic!

That was the target for Charles, this three and much more mutants, but it was too late when he came there. Silverfox dead, Gambit choose different way.

He did take a Silverfox under his wing after 3-Mile Island. It just wasn't Kayla Silverfox.

That was the target for Charles, this three and much more mutants, but it was too late when he came there. Silverfox dead, Gambit choose different way.

well gambit went after the kids and xavier took them in and gambit just watched from a distance, xavier probably would have known he was there if he was one of the main targets

its probably best just not to think about it

Logan was target in FC, Xavier was even near him, tried to talk with him, not like just watched Gambit from a distance. Xavier is telepath, and he felt they're not ready to join his team. He didn't want to make them to join, it's their own choice.

It's easier just say singer and co gave them the dates and empire wrote it out this way

How does Origins being set in 1987 change when Apocalypse could take place? I imagine DOFP will forge a new timeline where Xavier can simply find Scott and Remy a few years earlier. Stryker may not even survive DOFP, for all we know.

How does Origins being set in 1987 change when Apocalypse could take place? I imagine DOFP will forge a new timeline where Xavier can simply find Scott and Remy a few years earlier. Stryker may not even survive DOFP, for all we know.

Because Cyclops Is around 16 In 1987.The Events of DOFP aren't going to magicly cause him to be born earlier.

With Gambit now could encounter Xavier a few years earlier.

Because the timeline clearly takes the events of DoFP into account.

They could leapfrog O:W, but Singer's comments about X:A don't make that seem very likely.

Singer said apocalypse takes place some time after DOFP so they could indeed leap to the 80s, infact its most likely they will

Singer said apocalypse takes place some time after DOFP so they could indeed leap to the 80s, infact its most likely they will

Close to a decade does not fit the definition of 'some time'. The way Singer phrased things makes it far more likely That X:A will take place much closer to the events of DoFP than DoFP did to FC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"