Official Young Avengers Discussion Thread - Part 1

i just think there was too much that needed explained that you can't just simply show. the jessica/cage scene wouldn't of worked in this situation

Yeah, I don't know what I would've done differently. It just felt like too much to me. But now that it's been said, I'm excited to see how Billy and Teddy are written by Gillen.

You're right. But since we've gotten romantic speeches from Billy and Teddy before, something like this would have worked just fine.
I don't think so.. a scene like this explained absolutely nothing like what they were going through, and there's alot that needed to be said to get the dynamic on what's been happening between the two of them. It's the first real relationship conflict they've had
What that scene was trying to do was let the readers know what had happened before, in case they hadn't read it in Children's Crusade, and how much time has passed. There was a lot of talking to give sort of exposition about how they have been out of the game for a while because Billy wanted out after Children's Crusade but Teddy still wanted in so he went around as other heroes like Spider-Man, but he couldn't take it anymore. It has been a while and he wants to help be a hero again, and he has given up so much for Billy. Having a simple embrace does work to show they love each other, but cannot tell us all that. The readers needed to know certain things and rather than just explaining it to us the writer tried to tell us through a conversation between the two. What I thought was odd, if anything, was how Billy suddenly realized that Teddy was right. Maybe a line about how Teddy never said anything till now about his feelings on the subject, leading to the revelation for Billy or maybe having Billy a little more stubborn about it. But otherwise I thought it was fine.

I met Jamie Mckelvie and Kireon Gillen at Comic Con today. They were SO down to earth and lovely.

prv15419_cov.jpg

prv15419_pg1.jpg

prv15419_pg2.jpg

prv15419_pg3.jpg

prv15419_pg4.jpg

YOUNG AVENGERS #2
KIERON GILLEN (W) • JAMIE MCKELVIE (A/C)
Variant Cover by STEPHANIE HANS
• Has Wiccan made a horrible mistake that comes back to bite everyone on their communal posteriors? Spoilers: Yes.
• Does this guest star the Uncanny Avengers? Spoilers: Also Yes.
• A figure from Loki’s past emerges. Friend? Foe? What will it be? Spoilers: It’s Foe.
• And much more from Marvel’s most critically acclaimed book. Yes, we’re saying it’s critically acclaimed and it’s not even out yet. We are very bad.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

god i hate that look of cap.

and wanda's costume is so incredibly boring...

glad this is the only Marvel title im buying...

Boring costumes are "realistic". I mean, that's why people read mainstream superhero comics, for the "realism". ;)

I'm really feeling the effects of the Uncanny Avengers delays here. Rogue just chillin' in the Avengers Mansion? She doesn't feel like an Avenger. But still, it's good to see Scarlet Witch make an appearance.

Mckelvie is one of my faveourite artists right now. His work in Phonogram is beautiful.

Dug the newest issue. Kid Loki making his order in the diner lol

Yes, I really enjoyed it. It's like no other comic I've read before. I also love that it doesn't take its self seriously.

It definitely feels like Gillen's channeling some of that "superhero sitcom" thing he did with SWORD again. The dialogue is great.

CBR said:
..."New X-Men" Characters like Prodigy, Hellion, Surge or Anole?

Lowe: Prodigy is showing up in "Young Avengers" and the others are students at the Jean Grey School.

WOOHOOOO!!!!! Man, I hope this sticks and isn't just a cameo!

Yes! That made me smile. Has anyone read Phonogram?

YNGAVN2013006_McKelvie.jpg

YOUNG AVENGERS #6
KIERON GILLEN (W) • KATE BROWN (A)
Cover by JAMIE MCKELVIE
Wolverine Costume Variant By Mike Del Mundo
• Ever wonder what the super hero equivalent of a terrible soul-sucking talent-wasting temp job is? You haven’t? Oh go on. Actually, don’t. We’ve done it for you and written a story about it. This one.
• Wonder what Tommy (aka Speed) has been up to? Discover herein.
• Wonder why mutant David Alleyne (aka Prodigy) hasn’t been even in the background in any one of the eight thousand X-books? Discover that herein too.
• Existential horror turns cosmic horror as something emerges from the shadows of the past. It seems the Young Avengers have yet one more thing to worry about.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

i'm new here, i love the young avengers and i'm so excited for this new story of YA... I think "marvel" should make a animated TV series of YA just looks alike young justice "DC" ,it would be awesome Yeah!!! :woot:

I got shown that at Comic Con :woot:. Mcelvie called me as I was walking away. BEST DAY EVER! And yes, I'd love to see a YA animation.

prv15803_cov.jpg

prv15803_pg1.jpg

prv15803_pg2.jpg

prv15803_pg3.jpg

prv15803_pg4.jpg

prv15803_pg5.jpg

prv15803_pg6.jpg

YOUNG AVENGERS #3
KIERON GILLEN (W) • JAMIE MCKELVIE (A/C)
Variant cover by TRADD MOORE
• A Fight scene, probably.
• And another one, but this time in a club.
• Plentiful feels. (aka “Meaningful emotional character beats” for people who aren’t on tumblr)
• The fakest ID in history.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"