Official Young Avengers Discussion Thread - Part 1

Uh-oh! Looks like Wolvie is gonna HAVE TO pick a side. He'll probably just stab everybody.....

For Wolverine there is no problem that can't be solved with a good old fashion stabbing

If I was him, I'd just say f-it and pull Rogue behind the bushes. Let those other idiots fight it out.:cwink:

But then he wouldn't be Wolverine because 1) Rogue's not a redhead or Japanese, and 2) he'd be wasting valuable stabbing time. :o

Cyclops portrayal was hilariously bad. As bad as Wolverine at the start of this story arc.

well... the issue suddenly seemed to take the avengers *****ebaggery and give it to the x-men.

but.. other than that, it was a good read. i liked how they explained wanda's power boost and crazy-ness during disassembled

I thought it was a good issue though I had one real gripe. I was stoked that X-Factor were involved. After the initial scene it comes to the X-Men and Avengers. X-Factor gets a line or two and then they vanish. They don't partake in the fight, aren't even in the background. Wanda takes them all out, no X-Factor (did she take them out? Did they go back inside? Are they watching in disbelief?) and then Wanda and her allies teleport back to Latveria... no X-Factor with them (though they're allies now).

X-Factor just freakin' vanished in thin air. That kinda bugged me. I'm hoping the X-Men and Avengers wake up and Madrox is there like, "You both deserved that, now get off my doorstep."

I think what takes the sting out of these scenes is that they are 4-5 years late. The Avengers and X-Men are being written like they were back then. Things have changed a lot since then in the 616.

I would still rather have this as 2011's event as opposed to Fear Itself, it's a nice after thought for SIEGE. It's a shame it couldn't ship monthly.

I thought it was a good issue though I had one real gripe. I was stoked that X-Factor were involved. After the initial scene it comes to the X-Men and Avengers. X-Factor gets a line or two and then they vanish. They don't partake in the fight, aren't even in the background. Wanda takes them all out, no X-Factor (did she take them out? Did they go back inside? Are they watching in disbelief?) and then Wanda and her allies teleport back to Latveria... no X-Factor with them (though they're allies now).

X-Factor just freakin' vanished in thin air. That kinda bugged me. I'm hoping the X-Men and Avengers wake up and Madrox is there like, "You both deserved that, now get off my doorstep."

i believe rictor was in the fight

Hadn't seen anything about that, but it would make sense. I was hoping it would only last another issue or so but if it sticks and Hickman can make it not suck, then :up:

Why is Franklin making a Black Power fist?

AVNCRUSAD009000_col.jpg

AVENGERS: THE CHILDREN’S CRUSADE #9 (OF 9)
ALLAN HEINBERG (W) • JIM CHEUNG(A/C)
• The big climax that sets the stage big time for what is to come in 2012!
• Deaths and departures!
• The funeral of an Avenger.
• The final fate of the Scarlet Witch.
• A new lineup and a new direction for the Young Avengers.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

And so it limps into 2012. Two months behind schedule from it's original launch, I think.

YOUNG AVENGERS are yesterday's kids. AVENGERS ACADEMY is where it's at. :up:

Dread, I agree with you (from the Jan solicits thread) that Scott Lang is probably the one getting killed off again. I'm kinda bummed about it....

Yeah... I'm thinking Scott Lang bites it again but this time Cassie gets closure.

And I'm not wild about a lineup change. I'm hoping all it is is that Vision 2.0 leaves to join the Avengers (as he's seen in their previews) and Iron Lad takes his place. I'd be cool with that. Anything else will make the team feel less like the Young Avengers.

And I was hoping to hear from NYCC that a new Young Avengers ongoing would be released now that Heinburg finally got around to doing and finishing his sequel to the original run. They're killing this team's potential (have killed this team's potential) by not doing anything with them. There's been two generations of Avengery kids since they debuted (Initiative and Academy, three if you count Young Allies) and they're still minimizing their efforts for this team. As much as I loved the Initiative cadets and like the Academy kids, the Young Avengers were my junior team of choice. It's frustrating.

And so it limps into 2012. Two months behind schedule from it's original launch, I think.

YOUNG AVENGERS are yesterday's kids. AVENGERS ACADEMY is where it's at. :up:

Part of the reason I was never cool with moving on to Academy was I felt the stories for YA and the A:TI kids was so incomplete.

I really had a problem with embracing a new set of Young heroes, who would essentially be thrown away after at best a couple years.

I didnt even count books like the Young Allies, Runaways, Grievioux' New Warriors etc..

Part of the reason I was never cool with moving on to Academy was I felt the stories for YA and the A:TI kids was so incomplete.

I really had a problem with embracing a new set of Young heroes, who would essentially be thrown away after at best a couple years.

I think that's definately true with the Young Avengers but not necessarilly with the Initiative. I really think Marvel took their stories to the extent of what they could for what they were. They're biggest struggle is what to do now that the training and military feel is passed. All the characters's stories have played out (to the best of my knowledge). The only thing I can think of us to start dishing them out around the main Marvel Universe books to find homes apart from the Initiative.

Gravity could join the Future Foundation. Trauma could join the Runaways. Butterball could use more proper training and join the Avengers Academy. Iron Fist could expand his tutorship and take in Melee alongside Power Man. Etc. Attempt to grow the cadets apart from each other and see what sticks and then build them up. As a team or group there's not much more for them to do that will pull in sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"